HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Label Standardization (Urgent AND Easy!)(With Pictures!)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dullahan

Dullahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:10 AM

Summary:
  • Some weapon tooltips say "Secondary" (mech shop, small boxes), and some weapon tooltips say "Special" (upgrades and optimizations windows).
  • Weapon levels: in the optimizations tab they are referred to as leveling from "Weapon Level 0", "Weapon Level 1", "Weapon Level 2".  On the pop-up/hover-over weapon descriptions below the mechs, the perks are referred to as obtained at "Lv1", "Lv2", "Lv3".
  • These naming conventions need to be standardized to minimize confusion.
Steps to Reproduce: Look in garage.

Frequency: Every time you go to the garage.

Severity: 3. Consistency is key.

Additional Notes: I love the game to death, been playing since Alpha 2.  Been trying to get this issue fixed/noticed since roughly CBE1.  It really bothers me. While a lot of players may "know what you mean" and go with it, it's something that should be easily fixable and could potentially cut down on a LOT of confusion new players might have when the game goes live.

System Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 8gb RAM, Intel i7 Q740 1.73GHz (Boost up to 2.93GHz), ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, Wired internet ~30Mbps down/~3.5Mbps up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Side note: The new F9 screenshot button works flawlessly)

What naming conventions would you prefer_ "Secondary" or "Special"_ "Weapon Level 0-2" or "Weapon Level 1-3"_ TELL ME BELOW!

Edited by Dullahan, November 21 2012 - 09:11 AM.

Spoiler

Burn to ash, then burn the ashes...

#2 GrumpyCat

GrumpyCat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 03:07 PM

I like "Secondary" and "Weapon Level 1-3"

#3 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 04:09 PM

"Level 0" is usually a programming reference (PC count from zero, not one ;) ). So I'd say it's a placeholder at the moment. But good find. As to "special/secondary" it really needs to be corrected!

#4 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:20 PM

Wow, this is one of those things that no-one really thinks about, but when it's pointed out, it's utterly, blindingly obvious. I say go with "Secondary", fits with "Primary", and level 1-3.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#5 mevludin90

mevludin90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:32 PM

As, FluxX noted, 0-2 is for programming. So that being that, it should say Level 1-3 because this is not for programmers but for players.

#6 Noin

Noin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 08:52 AM

I just came to report that the weapon level on the upgrade screen of the mech does not match the mouse over.  Glad I searched first.

This is an easy fix and critical heading into open beta where this confusion could lead to a lot of confused folks.  

I would add that the mouse over for the special ability does not show the benefits of later levels, at least for the infiltrator.  I am guessing that I get more camouflage time.  It should says what level 1,2, and 3 do for me.  

Can't wait for the 12th!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users