HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Day 1 thoughts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: Is Siege mode broken/bad_ (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Siege mode broken/bad_

1. It's BROKEN! (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. It's pretty bad (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. The new version is great! (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. It's completely broken and a horrible game mode (As it stands at the beginning of Closed Beta 3). (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 21 2012 - 10:22 AM

I know that I've been saying that I'd like to take a few days to really test everything out and see how it feels, but I also think that the feedback should be given. First off, the poll. Do you think siege mode as it is, is broken_ I was playing with my guild, and everyone hated the new version of it. The map is fine and all now, much more balanced then it was, but the game itself is fuzzy bunny now IMO.

Dislike:
To much change. Ok, I understand there were a lot of problems, but changing to much at one time is a BIG problem as it makes it hard to see what's causing the issues. I know you are trying to roll out a lot before the open beta to make it better, but slow down a little and do it right rather then fast.

XP Bubble. Text is fine, but the bubble like image is a distraction.
Enemy Sighted. Old enemy sighted was fine. This one blocks your view of enemies, and also takes up to much of the screen.

Siege Mode Energy Nodes. All mechs get energy at full speed no matter how many mech are there_ No... Just no. Makes games way to fast, removes the need of teammate cooperation, and overall makes the gamemode extremely stale.

Siege Mode team health lowered. While it makes games faster, it also doesn't let the teams get in a good groove with each other, which is needed. I've come back in many games with a random team at the 3rd health point. (was brought down to one health without taking any, then ended up winning the match) No one at all was ever complaining about the mechanics of siege mode. They were complaining about people working well as a team, or the layout of the map being horrible, and maybe that the ships were to easy to shoot down without the AA, but NO ONE was complaining about the game's basic mechanics. It's a boring stale game as it stands, and I see very few people playing it in a very short time. Before it could have been the mode that was the esport scene, but now it's just fuzzy bunny.

Seeker. Really_ A seeker missile_ Isn't that already there with hellfire_ Also, I seem to never be able to dodge them, even after going completely behind walls. Sure, they don't do a ton of damage, but it completely removes the idea of skill from the game. It LOWERS the skill ceiling, which makes it more boring and more stale. Something like hellfire makes sense as it's a secondary and takes a few seconds to lock on. The seeker_ Instant lock on.

Regenerating items. Ok... so yes, people didn't like how much health the turret had, and I agree, it had a bit too much health as it took a direct hit from a tow no problem. Regenerating in as short as a minute and ten seconds is way to fast. 50 seconds for grenade is ok, but turrets regenerate WAY to fast. it should be more around 2-3 minutes if not longer, if at all. The way it was you had to actually think about turret placement, and if you even wanted to place it at all. Now you can place it whenever you want and have practically no downfall to that. Also, there are turrets EVERYWHERE now. They use to be slightly annoying, but now since you can place them in mass, people are putting 4-5 turrets at an energy node. While yes, they have less health, you have to hit them directly with a tow to kill in one shot, splash doesn't cut it when they are spaced out even a little bit, but they can still protect an energy node on their own.

Like:
Internal Buff/Debuff. This is good as it makes you think a bit more about things before just getting it. That said, I think an increase in both the buff/debuff amount should be increase as 1% is not noticable in most of the buffs/debuffs.

Air Movement. YAY!!! Ok, so this is great. Not only do you feel like you jump when you jump now, but movement in the air is soooooo much better. No qualms here.

Movement while boosting. A little thing such as being able to move sideways slightly while boosting forward is great. It's not enough to make it over powered by skilled users, but lets you go around things still. ^__^

New Mechs. Likey. Don't know about balancing as of yet, but more diversity is better.

New map designs. Bazara which use to be Sahara which use to be Desert is great as far as level design. I just which siege mode wasn't the cluster fudge it is now. Put it back how it was, and I think it'd be perfect.

Bugs I've noticed:
The only "bug" that I've noticed is that every time I tell the game to close, it crashes. Like just freezes kind of crash. I can let it sit for 10-15 minutes and it will still be frozen. I can still open task manager and manually close it, but still.

Store wouldn't let me buy anything. (pretty sure this is solved)

Edited for readability.

Edited by CaliberMengsk, November 21 2012 - 10:27 AM.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users