HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A question about possible fansite kit updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sythorian

Sythorian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 07:08 AM

I have a question for Adhesive staff concerning the fansite kit and, if any, plugins will be added to it in the future.

My question is this:

I'm thinking about making a fully fleshes out Hawken Clan website, with news feeds, forums, insta messaging, etc. Since it's a clan website, or hell, maybe I'll make the website for the Wandering Guns (mercenary guns-for-hire guys for clan matches), I had the idea of having an auto updating stat page for members of that website, that interfaces with their Hawken account (or obtains their stats from the Hawken stat server), so you can see their in-game stats on their profile page, and these stats update 24 hours or so. Unfortunately I can't create such a feature, nor is there a plugin out there.

Will such a plugin for clan websites ever be added to the kit in the near future_ If not, will there be some sort of clan system that can help with predicament_

#2 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 08 2012 - 08:07 PM

An API for stats is always a nice thing for the community.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#3 vixe

vixe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted December 16 2012 - 03:16 PM

You'd probably have to program something like that on your own, or get someone else to do so. There may be preexisting tools use can use that people have made for other games which shouldn't be too hard to modify for something like what you're looking for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users