HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

summary of important things people want for the game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sinclair1

sinclair1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 07 2011 - 11:50 PM

1. MULTI-PLATFORM GAMEPLAY

Yeah, I know that you're considering this one but just a little reminder to really push for it cause we really want it!

2. DESTRUCTIBLE TERRAIN

Yeah, it's pretty self-explanatory. It's just nice to see things being blown up and kinda makes the battles more intense with bridges falling over you or buildings caving into you :D

3. HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE MECHAS

Just to make each player's character very very very personalized to them. It's pretty cool when people remember your character not only by name but also by signature look :)))

4. FLYING FEATURE

From the gameplay vid, I believe that the mechas are capable of high jumps and low jumps but I'm not really sure if they're capable of flying. It would be nice to add this feature but in a slightly limited fashion. Like, put a flight counter so mechas can only fly for a limited time and needs to refuel or recharge the jetpack for a while after the flight counter is empty / has reached its limit.

#2 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 08 2011 - 12:05 AM

In the end, aren't those things YOU want for the game, though_
Please don't speak for other people.

#3 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 08 2011 - 04:38 AM

don't mean to bust your balls, but ditto on what Jack said, cause frankly
1. NOPE, cross console multi is a disaster thats happened before, and there is no reason to repeat it.  
2. Destructible terrain is a nice thing to have, but not a deal breaker to me.  Especially keeping in mind the small size of adhesive's dev team.
3. We'll see how far they let us take customization, but honestly, I'm more interested in tweaking loadouts than building some mech shaped online avatar.
4.  that really sounds like something specific to you.
Mech time all the time

#4 PerGuLa

PerGuLa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 08 2011 - 05:31 AM

1. With the recent success of PSN and STEAM for Portal 2, this could be done with some success (assuming PSN ever comes back online properly).  I do not find this to be a requirement in any way, shape, or form.  PC is what I spend my money on, I believe the graphics are far superior and I like to be able to ALT-Tab and perform work when needed.  Granted, this is my opinion and usage, but it's how I roll and what I will champion.  :D

2. Destructible environment is really a fun feature, but not one that makes or breaks the game.  I will need to do more reading; however, this appears to be built on the Unreal engine (apologies in advance if this is incorrect, I'll read more in the forum to better understand), which doesn't, in-itself, focus on such an environment.

3. I could really care less about mech customization.  Perhaps you're looking for something more along the lines of MechWarrior Living Legends_  Hawken looks to be FAST game play, vehicular (mech) combat, without leveling, customizing, or micro-transaction upgrades.  This formula adds up to something I'm looking forward to.

4. Flying_ I don't know that I agree with you at all on this.  Having a timed jump with cool down is probably the right way to go.  

NOTE: If this is the Unreal engine, you can always write all these things you find so important yourself.

#5 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 08 2011 - 08:43 AM

portal 2 can be cross platform cause you aren't competing with others. when you are in direct competition like say between pc and a console.  you have to deal with pc players having better average precision vs console players having aim assists.  Neither is really fair to the other.

Shadowrun tried that already, it blew it.  They tried leveling the playing field by intentionally gimping mice.  It didn't work.  The mice using players still cleaned house, except the controls were now very unfun to use, meanwhile the console players hated getting their shit repeatedly ruined by something beyond their control.

Better to keep different system versions of the same game's communities separate and optimized for their own systems than trying to generalize it for everyone and please nobody.
Mech time all the time

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 08 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'd suggest to the OP to change the thread's topic to:

"Summary of important things I want for the game".

No offense though. :P

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#7 pandm101

pandm101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 08 2011 - 07:07 PM

I just don't want missile/mech proof stoplights.

#8 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted May 10 2011 - 10:18 AM

Personally I think flying is good for jet fighters not mechs, I'm already kinda not so happy about all this rather too often jumping seen in gameplay vid  :_

#9 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 11 2011 - 09:03 AM

Flyingdebris said:

portal 2 can be cross platform cause you aren't competing with others. when you are in direct competition like say between pc and a console.  you have to deal with pc players having better average precision vs console players having aim assists.  Neither is really fair to the other.

Shadowrun tried that already, it blew it.  They tried leveling the playing field by intentionally gimping mice.  It didn't work.  The mice using players still cleaned house, except the controls were now very unfun to use, meanwhile the console players hated getting their shit repeatedly ruined by something beyond their control.

Exactly.  I wouldn't mind cross console as an option, so long as there is no aim assist and so long as the PC version still has all the PC exclusive options (dedicated servers etc...).  That way console players can chose if they want to get annihilated by PC players, or they can just lock their server to be "console players only".

Better to keep different system versions of the same game's communities separate and optimized for their own systems than trying to generalize it for everyone and please nobody.
True dat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users