HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launch button in launcher does not execute

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 RX_78_2_Gundam

RX_78_2_Gundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:59 PM

I posted this issue in bug reports too, as I honestly don't know where it belongs.

Each time I download the beta client (yes, I have downloaded it multiple times), it downloads the game, patch, and allows me to launch one single time. If i close the game, then try to launch later, the launch button simply minimizes the launcher and does not execute anything.

The most curious thing about this is that when i click launch, my CPU meter widget shows activity as if it is attempting to do something.

I attempted to turn off my firewall, reset internet settings in control panel, and re-download the game multiple times.

Please help! I tried so hard to obtain my beta key, and for this__ I'm so frustrated and sad...

#2 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted November 22 2012 - 09:29 PM

same problem here
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#3 -Lone_Wolf-

-Lone_Wolf-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:30 PM

I have the same exact problem, I only played it once yesterday and today when I lauch the game i hear the window error ding bell, and get a notification from my kasperskey about non virus Adware i belive that is whats blocking my launch. but yesterday it didnt do this.

the kaspersky report reads
11/22/2012 10:23:27 PM Hawken QA Launcher 1.0 Detected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Bromngr.a  http://patches.playh...utoReporter.exe  

and then

11/22/2012 10:23:27 PM Hawken QA Launcher 1.0 Denied: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Bromngr.a  http://patches.playh...utoReporter.exe  

the I belive it is denying me the downlaod of that file but the game still installs without a problem and fails to Launch.

on lunch it detects Adware.Win32.Bromngr.a again as not-a-virus currently im trying to see how can i make my kaspersky to ignore this file.

Update: after added that to my kaspersky list of exlusions when i try to launch the game Now i get a new Application Error

HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe - Apllication Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.

Edited by -Lone_Wolf-, November 22 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#4 RX_78_2_Gundam

RX_78_2_Gundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 11:05 PM

see the funny thing is i'm simply running windows antivirus and firewall, and i get no error report from antivirus, and shutting down my whole firewall does not help the problem.

#5 -Lone_Wolf-

-Lone_Wolf-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 11:12 PM

Well  I finally got the lauch to stop giving me error had to go through and exlude a few hundred files that kaspersky was fuzzy bunny when i pressed Launch, but the good news is that the game launches and i get to.......do nothing because when I enter my password and try to connect is sais servers are unaivalable , and  i have no idea how to check if the servers are actualy down or I just cant connect to them.

#6 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:00 AM

View Post-Lone_Wolf-, on November 22 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Well  I finally got the lauch to stop giving me error had to go through and exlude a few hundred files that kaspersky was fuzzy bunny when i pressed Launch, but the good news is that the game launches and i get to.......do nothing because when I enter my password and try to connect is sais servers are unaivalable , and  i have no idea how to check if the servers are actualy down or I just cant connect to them.

This sounds like Kaspersky is being WAY over protective of your system. Personally I would ditch Kaspersky and just go with some basic but good like MSE.

I've found Kaspersky to be far to agressive.

#7 BinZwieda

BinZwieda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:25 AM

yes, lets all follow juicebox and unistall each and every security software right now.
best idea ever.

who tells us, that there is no "glitch" in the actual hawken beta-version_
who tells us, there is really no adware/spyware within the installer (or in the last update)__

this problem seems to have only occured in the actual version of the game so far.

so i suggest, better be careful a.t.m., till further information is gathered.

and NO, this seems not to be an "kaspersky only issue"... a zone-alarm user reported the same so far...

#8 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 07:57 AM

Security software is not needed. A GOOD av program is more than enough with proper methods while being on the Internet.

#9 -Lone_Wolf-

-Lone_Wolf-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:35 AM

I can understand where your coming from JuiceBox but some people realy do need to have a very good internet security / anti virus program, somtimes because they share the computer with others less knowledgble of the internetz, or some just have realy bad habits if you catchmy drift. Kasperskey is overall very agressive and I like it just for that, somtimes it detects alot of anit cheat programs like the Nshield or Nhack for alot of mmos and free to play games as adwares and well some of them are just that, but in general you can work your way around and exclude programs that you know are safe or need to use.

despite of me completly turning of my kaspersky, today again the game dosnt launch even tho yesterday when i turend off my kaspersky it did launch. So I am prety much in the wind right now not realy geting any errors as before even, I feel bad for their coder he must be going crazy trying to make this all work.

#10 RX_78_2_Gundam

RX_78_2_Gundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:49 AM

yeah the servers aren't down, my launcher connects perfectly and tells me "ready to play". but as i said, it just minimizes.

my question now is, "are there actually mods and devs on these forums to help us or is it just gonna be us sitting here commiserating about this broke ass launcher___"

#11 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 12:09 PM

@lonewolf you may have inadvertently deleted crucial hawken files. You will need to add the hawken-shipping file and launcher to the ok list then reinstall hawken.

#12 -Lone_Wolf-

-Lone_Wolf-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:42 PM

RX_78_2_Gundam try this I know its a pain but its worth a try

unintall hawken, turn off your antivirus system completly, then downlaod the hawken and install it again, and run and see if you can launch

#13 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted November 23 2012 - 04:08 PM

I had the same problem with kaspersky when I reinstalled the game it worked fine
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#14 RX_78_2_Gundam

RX_78_2_Gundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:24 PM

thank you for the helpful suggestions, i'll try this as soon as I find some time and post results

#15 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:45 AM

I encountered that problem today. After a long session of playing I stopped. Then decided to kick up the game again and it refused to start. The process just seemed kinda stuck there.

Restarting my computer fixed it.

#16 RX_78_2_Gundam

RX_78_2_Gundam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:41 PM

THREAD RESOLVED:

if you encounter this problem after altering antivirus settings, uninstall both Hawken and antivirus, then reinstall Hawken BEFORE reinstalling antivirus suite!!!

Thanks everyone!!

#17 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostRX_78_2_Gundam, on November 26 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

THREAD RESOLVED:

if you encounter this problem after altering antivirus settings, uninstall both Hawken and antivirus, then reinstall Hawken BEFORE reinstalling antivirus suite!!!

Thanks everyone!!

The reason is that a lot of AV software delete crucial files based on the end user input when it asks about files it doesn't like.

#18 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, basically, it's going overboard on protection.

I'm sure there's a way to manually exclude the Hawken folder, but you'd have to consult its help files for that.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users