HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Server browser needed badly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DBTRS_Pain

DBTRS_Pain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:18 PM

So i know im not the only one thinking this but the matchmaking is the only major flaw i have found so far in hawken. The only way to get into a match is to select all regions and that means you never know what your ping is going to be. But what makes it worse is that everyone in that game ,if say it was matched in russia for arguments sakes, everyone would have a 300 ping meaning its placing people in the wrong areas and having no reason to place any of them there. Im sure as anyone has expierienced that sometimes you can wait forever to even get enough players for a decent match. Putting in a server browswer would allow people to play with better pings, allow people to find open matches that are actually populated, allow people to find the game mode with players in it instead of, like when you match with siege or missile assault, be the only person in the lobby and have to wait FOREVER for people to join. A server browser would solve so many problems for hawken and if players wish to have just that matchmaking just put in a quick match button so it would take minimal rewriting. A server browser is the only thing this game desperately needs.

#2 Zorvaz

Zorvaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:21 PM

As said in other threads, there was a server browser in the other betas, and it will be put back in the future. At the moment they want to test out how matchmaking works, so that is why the server browser is disabled right now.

Edited by Zorvaz, November 22 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#3 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:46 AM

I think the tab should have been left in but a message displayed just to say it is for testing purposes.  This way newcomers (and those that do not read the forum) would know that this option has existed before and will be put back in again.

#4 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:54 PM

Beta Tester newcomers should read the patch notes before starting into the game.  All of this information was in there, as well as the purpose of the Beta 3.

You're a big boy.  Don't put the onus of information on other people.

#5 MrMilu

MrMilu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:08 AM

The worst is when you try to play Siege mode. Even if you wait, a 2v2 is just pointless on Siege. I really want to join an almost full server. Very annoying, and basicly I just exited the game so many time over tha past 3 days over this, gotten bored of not finding a game. Good to hear they will put the browser back.

#6 Alphalance

Alphalance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationAppleloosa

Posted December 07 2012 - 01:51 PM

It'd be great even to just have something saying how many people are on so we know what's a popular gametype and what game types are dead. They had this in Halo's matchmakers on Xbox LIVE and I found it useful and good to know.

Posted Image

We are the Brotherhood. We are a clan of Strength. We are a clan of Solidarity.

We are a clan of Steel. And our steel is as black as our blood.

Join us at http://blacksteelbrotherhood.enjin.com/home

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users