HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

On vision modes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 11 2011 - 04:53 PM

Something i'd love to see

FLIR. based off heat.

Posted Image

Project reality did a pretty good job of faking this on the bf2 engine btw

Also depending on the technology of the setting...

Electro-Optical

Kinda going off of splitercell's electromagnetic field vision mode.  I think it'd be interesting to have a vision mode that basically highlights the use of high tech comms or special equipment.  So that if someone is using fancy as hell gear, you can flip this mode on and single them out, since they will have some glowy aura about them.  meanwhile a player just running around in basic kit just jumping around and shooting would have very little aura.
Mech time all the time

#2 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted May 12 2011 - 11:38 AM

Night maps rock! Chromehounds had both a enhanced vision module ('green' enhanced night vision) and a true IR module (rainbow vision, hot to cold). If AG does offer IR vision, it would be nice to see counters like either radiators (allow mech to run cooler, less visible) or flares (whiteout!).

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 13 2011 - 07:52 AM

I do apologize but I've to disagree on this. Having radar intel available most of the time I do not see the point of special vision modes into this game. I'm not saying it would not be pretty cool to have 'em, but it's just that I could live without that.

On the other hand, I'd love to see night maps, indeed!. :D

P.S. I don't like cloaking either. :oops:

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users