HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions/Ideas Master List

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#301 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted April 07 2013 - 05:46 PM

Variable targets
Siege is very static why not have objectives that change. In Bazar you could have recovery of downed satellite data with only indicative locations showing at beginning of match. Makes it very dynamic as teams would have to split up to find then team would have to defend while data downloaded. Location would require different defense strategies.
In the built up maps it could be location of damaged power or data links/cables again location requiring different defense tactics whilst repair affected. A job for the Technican class_

#302 EHRE

EHRE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 11 2013 - 09:22 AM

Damage:

I've been playing for about a week now and have just recently converted form console to pc gaming.  One thing I have noticed is that when it comes to receiving damage, without the benefit of a vibrating controller, its very difficult to know when you're being hit,  unless you are facing your aggressor.  I find myself in a fight that I think I'm winning only to expire first.

I believe there should be greater indication in either impact noise, or maybe cockpit glass destruction, smoke, something to indicate that the player is taking more and more severe damage.

#303 Galeocerdo

Galeocerdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 12 2013 - 03:49 PM

In parameters we can change the HUD color but it change only the displays color. It would be great to change the color of the real HUD (on windscreen)

#304 mndmtx

mndmtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLibya

Posted April 18 2013 - 02:46 AM

in game Items selecting:
for example: hold alt botton and your mech will stop moving only the pilot face can move, now you can select your Items from inside your cockpit, only the Items  you have will appear.

I think this will make me buy more items and will give the ability to change my strategy inside the game play.
Posted Image

#305 auutumn

auutumn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 09:52 AM

I really love the latest patch, it looks and feels good. That said I have some feedback to share.

New features
-    Map ideas,

o    Day & Night modes

o    Hot, Warm, and Cold seasons modes

o    Have mines, bombs, gas cans, gas mains, etc that were left by the populace that fled before the battle and can be detonated by shooting them or running over them.

o    Destructible objects like bridges, buildings, towers, etc that take damage from mechs

o    Multiple objectives in all modes like recovery, discovery, create perimeter, etc

o    Earthquakes, mudslides, floods and other environmental disasters that will effect nearby mechs.

-    Include an option to auto launch
-    Include option to auto activate items like the Extinguisher
-    Include option to refill items during and after a match
-    Include option to not show the chat window
-    Remove or reduce the time a defeater player has to watch someone else before returning to the garage
-    Unless I’m missing it, at the end of a match, display the total time played per match and overall time played
-    Single-player campaigns
-    Include an option to show what the current item, special ability, etc is while in a mech. I often forget I have these and what they are
-    Include the option that will move/shake the mech in the opposite direction that it was hit with heavy fire like missiles
-    If you  ever include lasers then include the option to show a bright light from the direction the player was hit with a laser
-    After seeing the credits the first time, don’t show them again.
-    Include option to remove expired mechs from my garage
-    I couldn’t find a list of the achievements so I wanted to add achievements for Death from above and Death from Below
-    Cause extra damage if dropping on top of a mech
-    When targeting a mech, give brief info about it such as class, short, medium, or long range, etc
-    When looking at equipment alternatives like upgrading a weapon, you need to provide stats about the current equipment and clearly indicate how a different similar piece of equipment will change the stats.
-    For the Bruiser, instead of Damage Adsorb, call it Absorb Damage
-    In the Garage, display the Support Item and the associated key binding (default is 2)
-    In the Settings menu, display a tooltip when the user hovers over an item
-    I have the Repair Kit equipped as my Defensive Internal and I’ve spent point in the Repair Startup and Repair Rate optimizations so it would be very helpful to see what my current Start up and rate of repair are on the Defense Internal page.

Bugs/Issues:
-    With the new achievements, when they appear, they overlap the icon when repairing your mech.
-    When Alt-Tabbing from the desktop to the game, it takes a while for the video/music to sync compared to other games I’ve played
-    Initial cursor position changes after moving the cursor. Example, when logging in, I partially see the cursor in the upper left portion of the window and when I move my mouse, it jumps and shows the cursor someplace else.
-    In a match were I’m defeated and forced to watch another player, the mech I’m watching always looks jerky, like the mech is stuttering
-    When a match has ended and the players are waiting for the next match, when the countdown timer reaches 5 seconds, sometimes the beep associated with each second will be off.
-    While playing a match and I’ve died, if I minimize the chat window, it will auto maximize after the match is over.
-    Half the time when starting a match, I’m facing a wall, a corner, or the wrong way
-    After spending all optimize point, the flag for the Optimize tab still shows
-    Mouse sensitivity needs tweaking, I can’t turn fast enough
-    I have Hell Fire missiles and sometimes when I press the lock-on key, nothing happens. If this is a bug OK but if it’s by design, i.e., you have to wait x seconds before locking on again, then it would really help if you displayed some useful message and also had the mech speak the message
-    If an equipment slot is unlocked and the user equips a piece of equipment, disable the Equip button.
-    I have Windows 7 and I’ve noticed then when I quit the game, the launcher is still displayed.

Edited by auutumn, April 23 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#306 magnusalpha

magnusalpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 10:45 AM

I can't wait for the single-player campaigns to come out, I know they take much more time & energy to create but I'm definitely anticipating them. Sometimes I just want a solo experience and want to progress through a more narrative story.

My main suggestion, or question at least, is "when is the OS X port coming_" I have a gaming PC running Windows 7 but I spend a lot of time on my macbook pro laptop & would play Hawken a lot more if there was a Mac version. My hardware can handle the game (I play it in Windows on this same laptop periodically).

Thanks guys! keep up the great work.

#307 RG_Doc

RG_Doc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted April 23 2013 - 02:34 AM

The music__ at startup is way to  loud and no way to skip it

#308 RG_Doc

RG_Doc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted April 23 2013 - 02:36 AM

please please fix the issue with joysticks.  It is getting old to have to unplug my joy stick each time I want to play Hawken

#309 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted April 26 2013 - 03:00 PM

would it be possible to make gamecards for meteor credits for hawken_

what i mean by game cards is, say you go to your local electronics store, and they have those little cards for like other games such as club penguin roblox moshi monsters you know and they cost like twenty bucks_

I would support this entirely because my parents dont want they're credit card info over the net. yes I know hawken is 100% safe, but still they wont do it. another way we could do this is like minecraft to get the premium account you can buy it with your credit card OR someone else can buy a code for you that you type in and it gives you the premium account, if you guys could make this and then you just go to redeem code and punch it in Im sure you would be making a lot more money, a lot faster. Food for thought.
Posted Image

#310 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted April 26 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostEHRE, on April 11 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Damage:

I've been playing for about a week now and have just recently converted form console to pc gaming.  One thing I have noticed is that when it comes to receiving damage, without the benefit of a vibrating controller, its very difficult to know when you're being hit,  unless you are facing your aggressor.  I find myself in a fight that I think I'm winning only to expire first.

I believe there should be greater indication in either impact noise, or maybe cockpit glass destruction, smoke, something to indicate that the player is taking more and more severe damage.
the glass does crack and the red line appears kind of like in COD
Posted Image

#311 Corvaire

Corvaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, Ca., USA

Posted April 26 2013 - 08:37 PM

64 bit please!

#312 Ffoeg

Ffoeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 12:07 AM

When talking to other players I feel the need to give an indication of where the enemy is. The HUD compass is very small [font] and I find it difficult to read quickly:

so my first suggestion is increase the font size and less transparent.

Second how about giving areas on the map names this could be in map mode but could also be numbers on walls names on signs or graffiti

#313 SteamedPunk

SteamedPunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 12:57 PM

I have been playing due to a friend telling me about the game.  It sounded great until we tried to be on the same team in a game.  Why have a friend list when u cannot group up with them_  It would be a nice easy to add feature.  Being able to play on the same team as your friend.

#314 NHP

NHP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 04:29 PM

There should be a "PhysX amount" option, the way it is right now... there's just too much of everything and it makes seeing your enemies very difficult, hence the more experienced players keep it off for better view. I would probably set it to 30-50% of what it is right now. Hope this will get considered.

#315 Licancabur

Licancabur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationChilito.....

Posted April 29 2013 - 04:29 AM

Buena tu caga...... Great Job....  B)
"Sólo hay dos cosas infinitas: el universo y la estupidez humana. Y no estoy tan seguro de la primera".

Albert Einstein

#316 Takoera

Takoera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted April 29 2013 - 06:06 AM

MORE 24 PLAYER SERVERS PLEASE!!!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I NEED MOOOOORRRRREEE MMAAAAAAAYYHHHHHHAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#317 mndmtx

mndmtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLibya

Posted April 30 2013 - 03:14 PM

I am suggesting a new heavy mech that can ram it's enemies with high speed :angry: . it can use it's ability  from the air to crush the enemy under you with increased speed.
  • higher defense in it's front like 85% :D  while in the ram mode.
  • you can use your fuel to increase your speed very fast even before you but your shield in front of you :blink: .
  • you can't use your weapons while in ram mode <_< .
extra ideas:
  • smaller mech can ride over your mech mech to take advantage of your speed and defence.
  • you carry a small mech over your back even before you start the ram mode "E to enter and E to exit".
  • they can repair over you back or auto repair.
  • they can't move or attack while you are carrying them.
  • they take damage only if you where attacked from behind.
  • we can make it like a catapult while is ram mode, to throw your friendly mechs.
  • we can make a great impact when it rams a wall to push away who didn't get a direct hit.
  • you can move almost in straight line while ramming.
  • you should have impact weapons.
  • there is more ideas like four legs and what's the shape of it's armor......etc.

Edited by mndmtx, April 30 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Posted Image

#318 L0RD_MONTAGE

L0RD_MONTAGE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 12:47 PM

should have an update which contains the ability for you to be able to change your in game name. I would love to be able to do that but its locked and cant be changed as of right now

#319 UnicornTr00per

UnicornTr00per

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 07:08 PM

A feature i would love to see implemented is the ability to access your garage in a match, between games. I feel as though all too often i would leave a match in order to equip newly unlocked weapons and optimizations etc. Perhaps even the optimization screen alone would suffice_
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users