HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Out Of Video Memory - PROBLEM SOLVED!!! READ!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sharp79ita

Sharp79ita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationItaly - Rome

Posted November 24 2012 - 04:13 AM

2 days ago i've posted a tread for the video memory error "Out of video memory" and "Insifficent virtual memory" .... using high spec PC with 4Gb of ram and 2Gb of Vram... these errors always crash the game for me in Windows seven 32 BIT OS....
NOW PROBELM SOLVED !!! You must use a 64Bit OS....
I have installed a new Seven 64Bit, Installed Visual C++ 2010 x64 from microsoft website, and after installed Direct X SDK and Visual C++ 2010 x86 and NET Framework 4.0 automatically from the game when the launcher starts for the first time on a fresh formatted PC...

NOW THE GAME WORK FINE without crashes and errors on ULTRA SETTING with all Graphic option enabled...

I'm really HAPPY ! now i can play this super good GAME!!!

I hope you can solve same as me and play together online with HAWKEN!!!

Bye!!

ITAK

Italian Killers Clan - Hawken Mechanized Steel Division

Posted Image

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:16 AM

Makes sense, since under 32-bit OSs, Hawken would get a maximum of 2GB of RAM, ordinarily, unless you tweaked your OS to allocate 3GB in total.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:32 AM

That's good. Although I would imagine performance for 32-bit operating systems is improving somewhere down the line. I can't run Hawken higher than low/medium without eventually crashing. Meanwhile, I can run other new games like Natural Selection 2 on high/ultra with up to 60 FPS and no issues,

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:40 AM

I would expect that performance is the big elephant in the room that's waiting for the game to be mostly solidified before the devs turn and start attacking the big performance issues that aren't solved by the game getting closer to being finished.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:50 AM

Using a 64bit OS is a bandaid not a solution. The game SHOULD run properly on a 32bit OS but I've noticed a few interesting things about this game.

1) Currently I can't get it above 1.3-1.4gb of ram so ram usage HAS come down

2) GPU memory usage can be pretty high
- Sitting in garage GPU can use around 560-580mb of ram
- Playing in a TDM match on Titan GPU use can be in the 850-900mb of ram usage easily.

Of course I am playing with all current in game settings maxed out but still... at this point I'd say if you got a GPU with 512mb of ram this could perhaps be leading to the OOM issues as when the GPU has used all its ram it starts to use system ram.

#6 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 02:57 PM

solved__ are you kidding me_ WE ALL KNOW the 64 bit fixes the issue but is that really a fix at all_ So you mean to tell me i have to go blow 400$ on a new 64 bit os when in REALITY they could just fix the massive memory issues they have.

FACT: the majority of pc in this world run 32 bit PERIOD!!

#7 virella

virella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:27 PM

yes but now that they know what the fix is they can narrow down the cause to an issue with 32 bit operating systems, and most people are moving to 64 bit.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users