HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

DUAL Weilding Primary Guns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#1 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 04:29 AM

It would be great to see Mechs having Dual Primary Guns , example 2 Assualt rifles  or sub machine guns

and the secondary gun mounted below the the Primary guns either on the right or left of the MECH ARM.

Double the Damage and yes Double the HEAT UP

Add on items to compensate for the heat build up.

I think the MECH  WOULD LOOK GOOD AND AT THE SAME TIME ENHANCE THE BATTLES

I am sure fellow Mech Piolts would agree .. would you like or not to have your mech equiped with 2 primary instead of one ___

That is the question that we need to ask all and put our votes here so that the developers can look into this . Its not asking much , just to beef up the Mechs

I am not asking for a Doomsday Weapon but small simple changes

Cheers all and Please Vote or Second me on this... !!!

CHECK THE BEAST MECH OUT BELOW

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 25 2012 - 04:57 AM

Its interesting, but I think its an issue of total potential DPS. Going by the strongest weapon atm (based on DPS), the mini flak, a single one can do 160 dps, and 2 .... 320dps
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 25 2012 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

edit: in attempt to make this more inviting "no, it would be imbalanced"

Edited by Spiderz, November 25 2012 - 06:13 AM.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#4 Zer0Aim

Zer0Aim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 06:39 AM

1. mount 2 seeker.
2. push left mouse button
3. _
4. profit!

#5 Makina

Makina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostZer0Aim, on November 25 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

1. mount 2 seeker.
2. push left mouse button
3. _
4. profit!

oh got not 2 seeker plz lol
dont even mention it

Edited by Makina, November 25 2012 - 10:23 AM.

Alienware Aurora R4 : Intel I7-3820 4 core 3.6 - OC 4.1 // 8 GB rams (Soon 16 GB) // 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7870 // Basic 7.1 Sound Card // 17' & 50' 1080p Screens // Oculus Rift equipped .

All system green...Ready for action.

#6 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:37 AM

in almost all mech games being able to dual weapon's doesn't result in op gameplay. dual seekers_ Make a flare counter measure launcher, or increase the heating.

end of the day, if you only have 2 arms, and you take two miniguns, you have LOST the tow rocket. its pretty much self-balancing.

#7 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:39 AM

After spending a few minutes on the other end of my dual HEATs, I think you'd retract this wish rather quickly. That said, this is a downright silly and unreasonable suggestion.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#8 Makina

Makina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:40 AM

but seriously as a berserker player, would I choose to have 2 SMG, the damage output would go down drasticaly, I mean I use the TOW as a main damage output : / might be working for some mech/weapon, but not all of them
Alienware Aurora R4 : Intel I7-3820 4 core 3.6 - OC 4.1 // 8 GB rams (Soon 16 GB) // 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7870 // Basic 7.1 Sound Card // 17' & 50' 1080p Screens // Oculus Rift equipped .

#9 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:07 AM

What is a Mech, How many mountable slots can you out fit a mech , what are you talking about loosing the tow rocket, you can mount ur tow rocket as well , heck you might as well have a 2nd secondary that you have under ur arsenal.. Remember the mech with the heavy and variety guns will stand out in battles

Its how much and how fast you can dish out damage without going down urself.. so i dont think its a downright silly and unreasonable suggestion
marshalade

well if they had a mech in the game that had all this ... Would you or Would you not try it out and see what it can do...

i think it would be great , well its my opinion bud.

catch u guyz on the battle field and yup you guyz can blow me up to kingdom come but rest assured i will take some off u guyz down with me.

cheers

Edited by Omega22, November 25 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#10 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:08 AM

Proof is in the pudding. End of the day many many mech games have allowed dual weapon wielding without it causing balance issues. And if balance issues do occour....fix them. Make the heats have longer charge or some other thing.

it just feels wrong to not be able to fit 2 smg on my beserker for example.

#11 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:20 AM

The problem that exists is that the game is balanced as it stands. The ability to mount 2 of the same weapon on any mech would throw this off completely, and would require rebalancing of all mechs and weapons.

You're also asking to mount the secondary as well as 2 primaries. This would drastically affect the pace of the game and combat itself. I'm happy with the way things stand, and I think most players would agree with me.

Posted Image

#12 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:20 AM

I think we should all see the big picture and not negate the idea, imagine just imagine the looks , see those dual arm weapons firing away and firing dual tow rockets , firing 8 hellfire missiles. just the look and out fitting ur Mech is thrill enough for me... I think this would be a big hit for Hawken and would most definitely stand out.. come on in the end it is us gamers thats going to be enjoying the thrill

I truly hope that the hawken team looks into the big potential of outfitting the mechs with dual arm primary guns.

As a hardcore gamer i think this will be a HIT a BIG HIT FOR HAWKEN PERIOD !!!

cheers and catch you on the battlefield

#13 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:22 AM

View Postmarshalade, on November 25 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

The problem that exists is that the game is balanced as it stands. The ability to mount 2 of the same weapon on any mech would throw this off completely, and would require rebalancing of all mechs and weapons.

You're also asking to mount the secondary as well as 2 primaries. This would drastically affect the pace of the game and combat itself. I'm happy with the way things stand, and I think most players would agree with me.

No dude, i am asking to give us the ability to mount dual guns thats all

#14 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:22 AM

"The problem that exists is that the game is balanced as it stands. The ability to mount 2 of the same weapon on any mech would throw this off completely, and would require rebalancing of all mechs and weapons."

yeah i know....its called beta and making the game better.

I want to make a bullet spammer mech, im FORCED to make one with a rocketlauncher.

The whole point of mechs is being able to attach weapons on and off.

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, November 25 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#15 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:23 AM

We should all have the freedom to modify and outfit our mechs as per our own style and like... give us options and 1 of them is ability to dual equip

#16 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:25 AM

I suppose I'll have to be blunt. You're drastically overstating the "cool" factor of your idea and your prowess as a gamer. You're also completely ignoring the balance issues that would come from the implementation of this idea in favor of the completely negligible "cool" factor.

Stop it.

Posted Image

#17 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well , i think i have said more than enough... well we will leave this one to our Hawken Team to decide. But one day i do hope i get to see a special mech with ability to dual wield weapons of the same type or ability granted at a certain level to dual equip.

Thanks again for all your takes / comments and criticism regarding this.

cheers

#18 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:04 PM

Too counter the offset of the damage balance- DOUBLE THE ARMOUR POINTS OF THE MECHS !

#19 Makina

Makina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostOmega22, on November 25 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Too counter the offset of the damage balance- DOUBLE THE ARMOUR POINTS OF THE MECHS !

LOL im not sure that would help, well maybe in a way but...that will only make more people angry

#20 VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:12 PM

Has anyone considerd a shotgun to be a secondary weapon or a weapon at all for players who want to overwhelm the enemy by going in close range. (CQC)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users