HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

DUAL Weilding Primary Guns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#21 Makina

Makina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostVitalEvergreen1, on November 25 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Has anyone considerd a shotgun to be a secondary weapon or a weapon at all for players who want to overwhelm the enemy by going in close range. (CQC)

doesnt a flak cannon work the same way_ well I think im not sure
because im sure that the scoot mech always get close combat and I die really fast lol

Edited by Makina, November 25 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Alienware Aurora R4 : Intel I7-3820 4 core 3.6 - OC 4.1 // 8 GB rams (Soon 16 GB) // 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7870 // Basic 7.1 Sound Card // 17' & 50' 1080p Screens // Oculus Rift equipped .

All system green...Ready for action.

#22 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yeah the Flak & mini flak are shotgun weapons.

#23 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 12:17 PM

I suppose I'll have to be blunt. You're drastically overstating the "cool" factor of your idea and your prowess as a gamer. You're also completely ignoring the balance issues that would come from the implementation of this idea in favor of the completely negligible "cool" factor.

''i know better'' lol, you don't know who you're talking to.

4star mech pilots who thinkt hey are 5 star often believe they 'know' what would be best.
You are talking to Knightmarez.

Dual Heat cannons _ SHAME THEY CANT SHOOT AROUND CORNERS.
dual Shotguns_ SHAME THEY CANT HIT AT RANGE

so on and so forth.

Dual Weapon usage is fine.

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, November 27 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#24 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 27 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 27 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

I suppose I'll have to be blunt. You're drastically overstating the "cool" factor of your idea and your prowess as a gamer. You're also completely ignoring the balance issues that would come from the implementation of this idea in favor of the completely negligible "cool" factor.

''i know better'' lol, you don't know who you're talking to.

4star mech pilots who thinkt hey are 5 star often believe they 'know' what would be best.
You are talking to Knightmarez.

Dual Heat cannons _ SHAME THEY CANT SHOOT AROUND CORNERS.
dual Shotguns_ SHAME THEY CANT HIT AT RANGE

so on and so forth.

Dual Weapon usage is fine.
GUYS I'M TOTALLY THIS BADASS NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF IN SOME SEMI-OBSCURE HALFRATE MECH GAME SO OBVIOUSLY I'M MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU!

Who are you_
You are nobody here.
Get used to it.

Coming across with this level of arrogance when you show that you don't even a proper understanding of Hawken's mechanics is complete stupidity. You can't even properly back your argument with anything more than a meaningless name drop and "it's cool". If you want to convince people that something is a good idea, slapping them in the face with your epeen is probably one of the worst ways to do it. And it's incredibly pathetic because you think you have this giant epeen, when in fact, it's tiny.

Next time you come in here and try to convince people that dual weapons are a good idea, you better back yourself with a !@#%ing @!#%load of facts, logic and knowledge, otherwise I will tear you a new one.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#25 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:00 PM

actually im fighting back against the very arrogance you speak of. Im a top quality pilot. Im saying that dual weilding weapons will be fun and make the game better. then some guy comes along and , without knowing anything about me, says '' to be blunt you are dead wrong''.

level of arrogance_ don't have a proper understanding of hawkens mechanics_

EpeeN_

Wtf are you talking about.

some guy told me dual weilding wouldn't work, and talked down to me. I show a video showing the kind of skill i put out as a pilot.

and now i have some intellect thinking he is psyhic and putting words in my mouth.

ok you want evidence dual weilding works out fine balance wise_
How about almost every mech game created since the front mission on the snes_

how about the some dps graph showing that dual weilding doesn't dodps that is equlivent to the current weapon load outs_
how about the many many pilot's who want to do it because its fun_
how about the ideas about geometry of combat, and paper-sissor-rock mechanics_

end of the day: having more options that are balanced = better game.

being able to dual weild..smgs for example, would give me excellent dps at short to medium range.

however without the tow i wouldn't be able to hit people around corners , deal with deployed turrets with one shot, or have any kind of accurate long range 'pokes'.

those statements above clearly 'tear you a new one'.

keep the converstaion on topic, not hopelessly trying to mind-read and charactor assasinate.......your betters...

Hahahahahahahahahahha

also, dual heat cannons_, accurate long range.........it would be fun killing that in the same way killing rail gunners in quake is fun :)

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, November 27 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#26 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 27 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 27 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

actually im fighting back against the very arrogance you speak of.
No you're not fighting back.
What you are doing is getting into a pissing match.

Im saying that dual weilding weapons will be fun and make the game better. then some guy comes along and , without knowing anything about me, says '' to be blunt you are dead wrong''.
You know, when you quote something somebody says to prove a point, the ethical thing to do is actually quote what they say. Instead, you just make up a quote that helps your argument, and what_
Are you just hoping nobody would notice that_

level of arrogance_ don't have a proper understanding of hawkens mechanics_ EpeeN_
Wtf are you talking about.
Since you persist, I intend on showing you.

some guy told me dual weilding wouldn't work, and talked down to me.
And so you decided to react in the most childish manner possible_

I show a video showing the kind of skill i put out as a pilot.
Your proof of being a "skilled" pilot is you barely winning a 1v1 in a pub game that is only similar Hawken in the fact that you pilot mechs and shoot while moving in a 3D environment.
Show me a video of you at least holding your own against BuDeKai, NotKjell or even anybody who's just "fairly good" at Hakwen and maybe I'll start to believe you've got some relevant skill.
Until then, you've got nothing.

and now i have some intellect thinking he is psyhic and putting words in my mouth.
What_

ok you want evidence dual weilding works out fine balance wise_
How about almost every mech game created since the front mission on the snes_
how about the some dps graph showing that dual weilding doesn't dodps that is equlivent to the current weapon load outs_
how about the many many pilot's who want to do it because its fun_
how about the ideas about geometry of combat, and paper-sissor-rock mechanics_
How about you actually provide evidence and solid facts instead of just hinting that they exist.

end of the day: having more options that are balanced = better game.
Sure.
But you still haven't proved that dual wielding can be balanced, or show how it would be balanced.

being able to dual weild..smgs for example, would give me excellent dps at short to medium range.

however without the tow i wouldn't be able to hit people around corners , deal with deployed turrets with one shot, or have any kind of accurate long range 'pokes'.
And using an SMG plus direct hitting a TOW gives me excellent dps as short to medium range, but I also won't overheat nearly as fast as you, plus I can still hit you around cover.

So far, all you've done is prove that dual wielding would actually be inferior to the standard loadout.
Why implement a game mechanic that is worse_

those statements above clearly 'tear you a new one'.

keep the converstaion on topic, not hopelessly trying to mind-read and charactor assasinate.......your betters...
No. No they really don't.

The way you present yourself, I wouldn't even need to try and assassinate your character.
And did you just refer to yourself in the plural_ Is that supposed to be like a "royal we"_
How arrogant and pretentious are you_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#27 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:01 PM

I too, want dual seekers.

Edited by PlagueDoctor, November 27 2012 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image
Beeware the Bee-class, Buzzin' and Bashin'
(Fear the Swarm)

#28 Makina

Makina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on November 27 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

I too, want dual seekers.

and I dont want you to have dual seekers lol
Alienware Aurora R4 : Intel I7-3820 4 core 3.6 - OC 4.1 // 8 GB rams (Soon 16 GB) // 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7870 // Basic 7.1 Sound Card // 17' & 50' 1080p Screens // Oculus Rift equipped .

All system green...Ready for action.

#29 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:51 PM

dual everything for everybody. scubs think stupid things all the time. and make long threads in response. Seriously, who is this random forum-troll talking about.

Your proof of being a "skilled" pilot is you barely winning a 1v1 in a pub game that is only similar Hawken in the fact that you pilot mechs and shoot while moving in a 3D environment.

are you litterally blind. Front mission evolved was released by square enix, and was played by 1000's of players. to defeat top ranked player clearly shows skill at meching. To claim otherwise is retarded. sit down, shut up, and talk about the topic at hand not analysing someone you underestimated.

So yes, where were we.

DUAL WIELDING WEAPONS WHOO!

HELL YES.

GENIUS IDEA

DO IT

BALANCED, more game-play. better better better

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, November 27 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#30 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:02 PM

Win in an offshoot of a turn based tactics game
Must be an MLG pr0 @ all mech games
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#31 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:05 PM

i'm not sure why you come to that conclusion,  Unless you are trying to read my thoughts out loud or something.

you another person who thinks they are psychic_

Just like my mom used to say. you know you got a good point when the topic becomes twisted and turned into personal attacks.

so lets....WRENCH THE TOPIC ON TOPIC

DUAL WIELDING FTW

if not _ why_ try not to sound like a scrub when you are doing it.

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, November 27 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#32 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostBeemann, on November 27 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Win in an offshoot of a turn based tactics game
Must be an MLG pr0 @ all mech games

Hey man I play comp TF2 for a while. Its me. I'm the best.

But no seriously there's a reason you can't have dual primaries. The entire line of weapons would have to be rebalanced, and the games release would have to be pushed back even further. Heat would be a major concern, along with damage and such.

I would love to have dual hell-fires, but there is a reason I can't have them.

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 27 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Just like my mom used to say. you know you got a good point when the topic becomes twisted and turned into personal attacks.

This is an interesting to have your mom say to you.

Edited by PlagueDoctor, November 27 2012 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image
Beeware the Bee-class, Buzzin' and Bashin'
(Fear the Swarm)

#33 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 27 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Playing FM:E

Scrub, true mecha pros know that there is a much better game to show mech skills.

Skip to 9 minutes and 20 seconds to see pro mech skills.
Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#34 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:24 PM

funny you bring that awesome game up, i was playing a bit of this earlier

the company that made the game i linked, later on made the one you linked.

#35 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostTheChaffeemancer, on November 27 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Skip to 9 minutes and 20 seconds to see pro mech skills.

I see you're taking advantage of the increased in-air mobility. Look at those jumps!

My intention was never for this to become a pissing match, this is stupid. Omega and rdK, what we're really trying to say is that we're tired of your suggestions. You throw absolutely outlandish ideas out there with no thought whatsoever to game mechanics or balance, and are upset when people disagree. We feel you're part of the whiny few who spam the forums with suggestions for the game to fit your own playstyle, rather than helping optimize and proliferate positive aspects of the game that fit within the game's atmosphere and design.

Case(s) in point found in ONLY THIS THREAD:

View PostOmega22, on November 25 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

i think it would be great , well its my opinion bud.

View PostOmega22, on November 25 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

We should all have the freedom to modify and outfit our mechs as per our own style and like... give us options and 1 of them is ability to dual equip

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 25 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

The whole point of mechs is being able to attach weapons on and off.

...wat

View PostOmega22, on November 25 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

I think the MECH  WOULD LOOK GOOD AND AT THE SAME TIME ENHANCE THE BATTLES

I am sure fellow Mech Piolts would agree .. would you like or not to have your mech equiped with 2 primary instead of one ___

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 27 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

DUAL WIELDING WEAPONS WHOO!

HELL YES.

GENIUS IDEA

DO IT

BALANCED, more game-play. better better better

And for the record, rdk, don't ever come at me with footage from some 2-bit, half-baked, half-rendered ripoff of Armored Core as proof of your skill as a pilot. That will get you nothing but laughed at here.

Also inb4 thread lock

Edited by marshalade, November 27 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#36 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 05:25 AM

rdK, what we're really trying to say is that we're tired of your suggestions. You throw absolutely outlandish ideas out there with no thought whatsoever to game mechanics or balance, and are upset when people disagree.

by 'we' you mean You

the idea isn't outlandish. i design game mechanics for a living. and im upset that you are a rude arrogant troll on the forum.
i could show you videos of me kicking arse on armored core 1-4 as well but there is no point.

end of the day you have an attitude problem, and stepped on a land mine when tried to bully me on a forum, without knowing who i was, what my skill level is.

if i was some scrub you wouldn't have made a fool of yourself.

so here i am AGAIN dragging the topic of conversation back AGAIN onto what matters, which btw, isn't your 'opinion'.

dual wielding primary weapons

Would that make the game better_ more money for this start up company_ more fun for the players_ better reviews_

HELL YES

why_
its simple, the different primary weapons have inbuilt strengths and weaknesses. having teh player FORCED to take a missile launcher FORCES them to play a certain style.
it FORCES them to have certain strength , the High alpha and accuracy/ range of the TOW for example.
If they had the FREEDOM OF CHOICE to take 2x SMG. then they LOSE the TOW.

get it_ you are SACRIFICING THE TOW FOR MORE SMG BULLETS.

This means that although you throw words like 'balance' and 'game-play mechanics' around, you don't actually understand them.

dual TOW for example wouldn't be overpowered, it would be similar to fighting someone in quake 3 or unreal who is using a rocket launcher.

i killed plenty of fools using a rocket launcher.
i wouldn't feel at an unfair disadvantage if i was using 2 smg's vs a dual TOW or dual Heat Cannon.

it would be one hell of a adrenaline rush.

see... most of combat isn't the guns, the guns don't win the game for you.

accuracy, speed, movement, tactics, map control, carefully selected mech-upgrades. THESE are the things that result in the win.

#37 Thundertron

Thundertron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted November 28 2012 - 07:33 AM

yeah, it would be fine if some weapons wasnt too strong.
i think if they balance something to able this, it will piss a lot of people.
"So keep hating, cause the more you hate, the more that it motivates
You got jobs being a hater
So you know what; keep doing your job..."

#38 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 07:42 AM

Why worry about the technical side of  Dual wielding Primaries... i said Primaries not Secondaries.... let the Hawken Team compensate the in balance that may arise .... give the option to the player ... Do you want to equip your mech with dual primary guns in the load out screen.. have a button placed there and lets see how many clicks we would get ...

I am sure it will add to the fun factor ... so let the masses vote .... Give the player the option to decide if he wants to dual wield or not ... if he does not want to don't click that button ... but don't cry , complain, ridicule, bring down,mock or discourage... we all want  have the same wish and the same goal here on this Forum ... Make Hawken The No 1  Mech Game in Gaming History in this ERA...

So please let Team Hawken decide ... BETA 4 = DUAL WEAPONS TRAIL.. Lock and Load

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#39 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 07:54 AM

Alrighty then, I'll give this a shot.

A long time ago, in a land where alpha hadn't even hit yet, the developers had designed the game around being able to choose any two weapons.
They decided it wasn't fun, so they developed the secondary/primary distinction.
And then they balanced the game around that idea and gave all the primary weapons higher DPS than the secondaries.

I wish I had the interview, but the interview compendium thread apparently no longer exists and google is flooded by so many I can no longer find it.

TL;DR Devs tried your idea ages ago and it sucked.

Edited by D20Face, November 28 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#40 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 08:52 AM

ok thanks .... keep trying till we get it right

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users