HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

DUAL Weilding Primary Guns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#201 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#202 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:06 PM

^ likes

(out of damn likes)

#203 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:33 PM

how about I give you the benefit of the doubt on your game designer thing, and you tell me what studio you're from and what games you've designed
And also what your position is/was ON the design team

Oh and TF2 has awful balance, especially at anything higher than pub play. Comp TF2 = full of restrictions to make things fair and fun
And the website you linked is just some guy ignoring most of the guns in Quake and UT, and then making weird diagrams that don't actually mean anything to support his wild claims
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#204 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:51 PM

Having the ability to dual equip primary is not like we are opening a can of worms but rather a can of endless possibilities and scenarios in the way, style and approach we will play and see this game and we are paving forward an ERA of NEW GAME PLAY ....nothing ventured ... nothing gained

what have we got to loose ( our pride ) .. i see nothing but gains here for the game itself and for the players as well

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#205 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostOmega22, on November 29 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Having the ability to dual equip primary is not like we are opening a can of worms but rather a can of endless possibilities and scenarios in the way, style and approach we will play and see this game and we are paving forward an ERA of NEW GAME PLAY ....nothing ventured ... nothing gained

what have we got to loose ( our pride ) .. i see nothing but gains here for the game itself and for the players as well
1. The Hawken devs TRIED it already and decided this was better
2.How is copying every other mech game going to push towards a "new era of gameplay"_
3. How are you introducing more variety if primary weapons are stronger than secondaries due to sustained fire_
4. How are you introducing any sort of variety on an individual level of both of your guns are aimed the exact same way and have the same range_

Edited by Beemann, November 29 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#206 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 07:17 PM

no they tried ''' everyone can pick any weapon they want..''

That isn't what ive been suggesting, im suggesting class limited dual wielding. the 'class' part makes a huge difference.
I also said that dual wielding should be unlocked at a higher level after many hours of gameplay.

1those two things are a very different game to test the devs did earlier.
2It isn't copying other mech games. the mech games chose dual wielding cause its better for the same reasons. its too restrictive now, and obviously causing discontent.
3 Primary weapons arn't '' stronger''. They are 'different'. the AMAZING TOW is one hell of a sacrifice to get a 2nd smg.
4 because i had to SACRIFICE THE TOW to get 2x the bullets. its a tactical depth choice. My mech can now be stronger at point blank range, but can't kill turrets as easily as one of the many many interesting knock on effects.

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, November 29 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#207 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted November 29 2012 - 07:23 PM

Alright, gang.

I appreciate a good debate on the internet as much as the next cat, but this is no longer a good one. I appreciate the passion, but calling people and ideas that are different than yours names doesn't make your points any more valid. It actually more often serves to invalidate your opinion and generally turn people away.

I'd like to see us all keep this community as awesome and respectful as possible. Soon many more will arrive and it's important they understand that sort of chatter just leads to pointless flamewars and terrible times all around.

I'm locking this thread, because we can share our thoughts in more productive ways.
xxoo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users