HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Now that we've had time to play it, your thoughts on siege mode!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Siegemode_ (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think siegemode is bad now_

1. Yes (41 votes [73.21%])

Percentage of vote: 73.21%

2. No (9 votes [16.07%])

Percentage of vote: 16.07%

3. 50/50 (reply to explain) (6 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

Do you think siege mode is esport worthy_

1. As it is, yes. (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. As it is, no. (13 votes [23.21%])

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

3. As it was in beta 2, yes (23 votes [41.07%])

Percentage of vote: 41.07%

4. Never thought it was esport worthy. (13 votes [23.21%])

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

5. Not siege, but MA is most definitely. (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yep, theory crafting is where it currently stands, and probably will stand until open beta. Not to mention changes will be made I'm sure.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#62 techno_destructo

techno_destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:10 PM

You're not right and I won't ever say you are.
Delete Yourself.

#63 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:24 PM

View Posttechno_destructo, on November 28 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Which basically translates to "I can't prove anything you said wrong, but I'm too proud to admit it."

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#64 techno_destructo

techno_destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 28 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Which basically translates to "I can't prove anything you said wrong, but I'm too proud to admit it."

Check the context, bro.
Delete Yourself.

#65 Grimnor

Grimnor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 28 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

It certainly does not. These MLG PRoEsports BROS are all about never being wrong. There is this childish mentality of being right no matter the context or situation. These "Steel Killers" team are interesting. If this game is so broken and not worth your time, why are you still here fighting with people who enjoy the game and the mechanics_ The only answer must be "BECUSE IM MLG PRO BRAH!" Well done, you have failed to listen to other valid points because of your "status" and ego. We are all very impressed.

#66 techno_destructo

techno_destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:36 PM

Dude, they play for like, real money. This has to be serious time. Let us all prove our suppositional conjectures or else Razer won't cut us a cheque!
Delete Yourself.

#67 Grimnor

Grimnor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:48 PM

Now now, we should try not to get worked up about our perception of limitations. We were all there once before going pro esports brah! We cant all bee grand priests!

In all seriousness, lets try not to pick fights with each other. No real need for wall-o-text garbage fights or rambles that don't address points raised. This was supposed to be a discussion on siege mode and its changes. Discussion means talking about ideas not attacking them, or off hand discounting them.

#68 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostGrimnor, on November 28 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

It certainly does not. These MLG PRoEsports BROS are all about never being wrong. There is this childish mentality of being right no matter the context or situation. These "Steel Killers" team are interesting. If this game is so broken and not worth your time, why are you still here fighting with people who enjoy the game and the mechanics_ The only answer must be "BECUSE IM MLG PRO BRAH!" Well done, you have failed to listen to other valid points because of your "status" and ego. We are all very impressed.
From the synopsis of the Steel Killers clan:

View PostBeemann, on November 14 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

Asian and I got bored and figured we should start a clan.. Stea... I mean STEEL Killers

I could try to sell you on our clan with a bunch of buzzwords, and stuff about being laid back but serious and other standard oxymoronic statements... but I think we can just cut to the chase here

We have access to a mumble server, and we like to just joke around and play Hawken. If a comp scene forms, we'll be in it. We've got friends from other games we've played that like to hop in and play Hawken every once in a while as well. Pretty simple and straightfowrard
Oh yeah.
We're definitely a bunch of sponsored MLG pros who think we're so much better than anyone else.

Also, if you had bothered to do any research at all on Beemann, me or any of the Steel Killers, you'd have realized that we love this game. You accuse us of failing to listen to other's but you do that while failing to practice any sort of ethical listening practices yourself. If you had, you would know that we think the game is fine overall, and that most of the mechanics need nothing more than minor tweaks here and there. You would realize that our big gripe with Siege is that it's supposed to be the flagship competitive gametype, but is unsuitable for such a role.

However, you are instead completely focused on trying to take us down a peg for some sort of imagined slight (because as that was your first post, I was previously unaware of your existence), and in doing so manage to completely make a mess of your post by spouting rage, lies and baseless misconceptions due to your own ignorance.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#69 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:07 PM

-_- Back on topic please, before the thread gets locked due to flaming each other. No one is pro at hawken, it's not even out of closed beta. That is an irrefutable fact, so stop discussing it please. Be the better person and just stop the pointless squabbling please. This topic is about the changes to siege, not theory crafting, and not about whose ego is bigger.

If it stays just a name calling flame fest, I'll personally request it to be locked.

Edited by CaliberMengsk, November 28 2012 - 01:07 PM.

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

#70 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostCaliberMengsk, on November 28 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

This topic is about the changes to siege, not theory crafting
For the record, proposing changes to Siege is theory crafting.
But it's not like we're doing it without any basis.
We've played Siege, we know what can happen, we know the mechanics, we know how comp players think.
We're not just pulling ideas out of our ass here. We do have a rhyme and reason.

AJK is right

#71 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:34 PM

No, you aren't. The theory crafting comes in when talks of how the entire match will play out. It's going to be different from match to match, therefore theory. The talks about 6 people sitting on an energynode is not theory, because we see it all the time right now. I wasn't concerned about subjective views on an in this situation do this talks as I was an objective look at the game mode itself on a whole. Person for Person it will be different. Something I think most people can agree on is that the energy nodes as they are currently won't work from a stand point of interesting matches.

Personally I think as it is, it removes the need to distract the other team at all, and makes hording one energy node the only way to play the game. Sure, there may be a skirmish or two here and there, but because it's easier to just beat them to the punch by getting all the energy needed in one trip and go, there aren't any skirmishes except for when taking the AA.

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

#72 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 05:41 PM

The only thing wrong with CB2's siege mode was that it took too long due to the fact that there were several ways for a BSD to be launched and no one would score on either side and lead to a stalemate if repeated.  Team games in any multiplayer game need to always progress no matter what happens whether it be a timer that determines the end of the match like TDM or every action bringing one team closer to the goal, like pushing the cart in TF2.

One idea off the top of my head, bring back CB2's siege but make it so if your BS gets shot down you lose a point to your base.  No matter what happens, someone is gonna lose a point at the end of the round.  Would likely have to raise the score limit to something higher than 3 in this case as scores would happen much more often but hey it's something.
Posted Image

#73 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 28 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostDracoslayer16, on November 28 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

One idea off the top of my head, bring back CB2's siege but make it so if your BS gets shot down you lose a point to your base.  No matter what happens, someone is gonna lose a point at the end of the round.  Would likely have to raise the score limit to something higher than 3 in this case as scores would happen much more often but hey it's something.
But then where's the incentive to launch_
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#74 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 29 2012 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, removing a point would make a lot of people not want to launch cause it'd be a risk rather then a way to win.

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users