HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dear Adhesive: Who Codes_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted May 24 2011 - 01:27 PM

I noticed a while back that the Adhesive roster is dominated by artists.
http://www.adhesivegames.com/team.html

When the development shifts from visual assets towards network and QA, what will Adhesive do_

Will the team expand with programmers or will it outsource_
Or will the artists also code and perform QA on their own_
Or does the team have some kind of genie in Jonathan_ :)

Thanks.

#2 [HWK]BobEntropy

[HWK]BobEntropy

Technical Director

• Adhesive Games
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted May 24 2011 - 06:18 PM

It definitely seems like we're an artist centered company here.
However, the answer to your question is : I do.

I wouldn't say current development is concentrated on just visual assets, it's more on creating the full game experience then filling out all the details.

Since we're using an existing engine I can concentrate mainly on gameplay and not on core systems or tools. Still, at some point we expect to employ additional programmers, the details depend on the route we go with Hawken.

#3 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted May 24 2011 - 09:14 PM

JonKreuzer said:

I wouldn't say current development is concentrated on just visual assets, it's more on creating the full game experience then filling out all the details.

Since we're using an existing engine I can concentrate mainly on gameplay and not on core systems or tools.
Exactly, I was wondering who was filling the shoes of game/level designer and QA director while the team looks primed for content creation. But I suppose from your answer that Adhesive is pretty organic and that everyone pitches in, which is very cool.

JonKreuzer said:

Still, at some point we expect to employ additional programmers, the details depend on the route we go with Hawken.
I see. Thanks for answering and good luck choosing from your publishing options!

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 25 2011 - 03:37 AM

This post has been self-destructed - Pof! :P

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 12:00 PM

Provi said:

Exactly, I was wondering who was filling the shoes of game/level designer and QA director while the team looks primed for content creation. But I suppose from your answer that Adhesive is pretty organic and that everyone pitches in, which is very cool

Co-Founder Dave Nguyen is the main level designer, and he does all the balancing of weapons and mechs, etc.  Khang also lays out a lot of the level design, and the whole team pitches in on gameplay ideas and changes so it's very collaborative.  We're all QA for the time being, until the game is a little closer to beta.

#6 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted May 29 2011 - 04:44 PM

ChrisLalli said:

Co-Founder Dave Nguyen is the main level designer, and he does all the balancing of weapons and mechs, etc.  Khang also lays out a lot of the level design, and the whole team pitches in on gameplay ideas and changes so it's very collaborative.  We're all QA for the time being, until the game is a little closer to beta.
Thanks for clarifying that Chris. :)

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 30 2011 - 07:23 AM

Can't wait to see what other environments the adhesive guys haven cooking for the Hawken game!. :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users