HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Adhesive Games on Bulletproof Radio

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted May 24 2011 - 02:57 PM

The cool cats from Adhesive Games are talkin' Hawken on Bulletproof Pixel's radio talk show.  :D You can find the site here. The show hasn't started yet, but I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as it does.

Edit: It's begun!

Edit #2: Alright guys, the show's over. It was great and I hope a lot of you were able to listen in! Bulletproof Radio's episodes are usually uploaded on the Bulletproof Pixel website a day after recording, so you can definitely still check it out in case you missed it.

#2 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 24 2011 - 03:55 PM

Ah cool.
Will give it a listen once it's uploaded.

#3 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 25 2011 - 09:31 AM

The interview is available now off Bulletproof Pixel's site.

Link: http://bulletproofpi...talking-hawken/

Edit: I can remove it myself.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#4 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 25 2011 - 12:38 PM

Very interesting.
Thanks for the upload!

#5 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted May 25 2011 - 01:24 PM

Hey, thanks for the links guys.  Sorry we didn't give the forums a headsup, I was only able to update our Facebook page literally moments before going on air.

The interview didn't really reveal anything new about Hawken, but you guys should being seeing some more stuff in June for sure.

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 25 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yeahaaarghyay!. :D

Or something...  :P ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#7 OptionDisabled

OptionDisabled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 06:21 AM

While we love that you want to make sure the interview is out there, you have edited our show which violates our policy:

. Except as expressly authorized by this Agreement, you may not use, alter, copy, distribute, transmit, or derive another work from any Content obtained from the Site or the Service, except as expressly permitted by the Site, in writing.

We love Hawken, and we love the people that love Hawken.  It is unfair to the other game developers though to chop out their interview for any reason.  Please remove the edited version, as we want to make sure that everyone gets a fair shot on our show.

Thank you, and thanks to Chris for joining us!

-Option

#8 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for having me on the show!  Sorry about the edited version.

#9 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 27 2011 - 12:47 PM

Noted, never try to be helpful in any way shape or form.

Guess I better pull it off my site before I receive a C&D order or some retarded thing like that.

Just to be nice to the guys at adhesive games though, don't yell at them, yell at me, I'm the one who posted it. I am not affiliated with Adhesive Games Ltd., blah blah blah, legal crap here, going to hell for violating your copyrights...
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#10 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 27 2011 - 11:20 PM

Don't feel bad about it, bro! Buncha legal prudes.

#11 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 28 2011 - 08:17 AM

Jack Dandy said:

Don't feel bad about it, bro! Buncha legal prudes.
I don't feel bad, I'm angry. I'm going to spare the forum an angry rant, but needless to say, that was both the first and last time I ever look or listen at anything from Bulletproof Pixel. And that's the end of what I'll say on the matter. Let's get back to nicer topics, like how you should be able to turn your mech into a unicorn and have guns made of candy canes while running the game on a N64 inside a toaster. :)

#12 OptionDisabled

OptionDisabled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 30 2011 - 05:04 PM

What you are deeming "helpful" is, in fact, neglecting the OTHER guests on the show.

"Guess I better pull it off my site before I receive a C&D order or some retarded thing like that."

Yes.  That would be a good idea, since... you know.. you're doing something illegal.

I asked, publicly, politely for you to remove it.  No need to get all emotional over it.  I understand what you were trying to do, and the only issue I had with it, is that you edited OUT the other guests we had on.  That's all.  No big whoop.  

"I don't feel bad, I'm angry. I'm going to spare the forum an angry rant, but needless to say, that was both the first and last time I ever look or listen at anything from Bulletproof Pixel. And that's the end of what I'll say on the matter. Let's get back to nicer topics, like how you should be able to turn your mech into a unicorn and have guns made of candy canes while running the game on a N64 inside a toaster. "

Sorry to hear that you won't be looking or listening to our site, but I totally understand how ignoring developer's who want equal time is not something you are interested in.  Trolls will be trolls I imagine- Who cares that we put our actual time and money into a radio show_  Who cares that we interview tons of indie devs who normally don't get any attention because some idiot decided to come along and prune out their interview_   We're gamers.  That's what we do.  We love indie devs, and that's all there is to it.  Raging on us because we asked that something get removed (because it was unfair to the other devs, and against our copyright) is beyond comprehension.  Yes- Hawken is awesome.  I hope that you folks are a lot nicer in game than you have been to us on this site, because we are absolutely going to be on this game, wiping the proverbial snot from your noses.

#13 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 30 2011 - 05:50 PM

OptionDisabled said:

What you are deeming "helpful" is, in fact, neglecting the OTHER guests on the show.

"Guess I better pull it off my site before I receive a C&D order or some retarded thing like that."

Yes.  That would be a good idea, since... you know.. you're doing something illegal.

I asked, publicly, politely for you to remove it.  No need to get all emotional over it.  I understand what you were trying to do, and the only issue I had with it, is that you edited OUT the other guests we had on.  That's all.  No big whoop.  

"I don't feel bad, I'm angry. I'm going to spare the forum an angry rant, but needless to say, that was both the first and last time I ever look or listen at anything from Bulletproof Pixel. And that's the end of what I'll say on the matter. Let's get back to nicer topics, like how you should be able to turn your mech into a unicorn and have guns made of candy canes while running the game on a N64 inside a toaster. "

Sorry to hear that you won't be looking or listening to our site, but I totally understand how ignoring developer's who want equal time is not something you are interested in.  Trolls will be trolls I imagine- Who cares that we put our actual time and money into a radio show_  Who cares that we interview tons of indie devs who normally don't get any attention because some idiot decided to come along and prune out their interview_   We're gamers.  That's what we do.  We love indie devs, and that's all there is to it.  Raging on us because we asked that something get removed (because it was unfair to the other devs, and against our copyright) is beyond comprehension.  Yes- Hawken is awesome.  I hope that you folks are a lot nicer in game than you have been to us on this site, because we are absolutely going to be on this game, wiping the proverbial snot from your noses.

I have to say I agree.
(/^▽^)/

#14 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 30 2011 - 06:06 PM

OptionDisabled said:

As I said in my previous post, I'm not going to comment further on the matter (or accusations on trolling on my part and other implicit and explicit insults), as this is not the place for such (enough of this forum's time has been wasted on this which could be used for more productive matters).

However, as implied with your comment about people editing out interviews, you might have had this issue before (and possibly often). A suggestion to said problem might be to include a schedule with the uploaded version of the show listing the starting times for interviews as well as other segments, so someone could jump directly to parts of the show they wanted. Of course, this is assuming that you don't want to make listeners of the uploaded version to have to blindly listen to the show until the part that interests them comes up, or that there aren't any legal obligations to restrict you from doing so.

Also I would like to quickly reiterate that I am one person, and do not represent the entire forum and all of it's members. Additionally, I hope that your are able to help contribute to the Hawken forum community down the line outside of these copyright violation notices.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users