HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Need a better way at guessing a players skill.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 29 2012 - 07:37 AM

I agree that devs should just "copy" SC2/WoW ladder system, i think its best solution for balanced matchmaking right now.

#22 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 07:54 AM

Anyone know how the Mech Mastery value is arrived at_  Presumably that already does, or could perhaps be adjusted to do, most of what you're looking for, and I suspect that the MM algorithm already uses it.

#23 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostJustJake, on November 29 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Necro starts lots of these silly threads. Maybe I'm just an old fuzzy bunny, but back in the day there was no such thing as "matchmaking." You found a low-ping server in the browser that had enough space for you and your buddies, and you tried to carve a place for yourself. Why do you need to guess at a player's skill_ You'll know soon enough when you're locked in heated combat.

I find it more fun to easily fight players my skill level, not steamroll or anything like that.

I don't want to have to set up a match every time i want a decent one basically.

#24 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 29 2012 - 12:43 PM

I believe the mech mastery has to do more with how many mechs you have at certain levels.. or at least it seems that way. I have a friend less than 1000 points and I am getting closer and closer to 4000 points. But I have 3 mechs mid-high level and he only has 1 high level and that is it.

Not sure how it works tbh..

#25 Grafix

Grafix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBehind Evolwar and SS396 stealing thier Kills

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:17 PM

One thing that people don't really get to see is that if you Click on your name in the game it will show you your current Stats but you can not click on any other player's name to see their stats.

Since your stats are already being tracked there might be a way to have the matchmaker look at those stats and make a proper and more comprehensive matchmaking compilation that way.
Grafix™  
Inner Sphere Wars Developer and BattleMech Hanger Developer - Hawken Beta Tester: C-BETA 1, C-BETA 2, C-BETA 3, Open BETA    
System Specs: Win7 64 Bit, AMD 6 Core 3.3ghz, 16Gig DDR3 RAM, Liquid Cooled, 2x Dual DVI Nividia GTX 560 2gig video cards for Quad Monitor usage during 3D Graphical projects.  Currently only use 1 monitor for Hawken.

#26 SunshineSloth

SunshineSloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Equator, North of the South Pole.

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:11 PM

The smaller pool of players in the closed beta probably leads to compromises in matchmaking. This beta is all about fine tuning the matchmaker.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users