HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

[Solved] My 360 mic won't work in the game.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:19 AM

So, i don't have a traditional headset what i have is a 360 headset. it works for skype ect.

However i don't think the game recognizes it as it has to be plugged in thru the controller.

Any ideas on how to fix this or can the devs do something here for little ol' me.

Edited by Necro, November 27 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 27 2012 - 12:52 PM

They'd probably have to enable 360 controller support first.
I don't know of many PC games that will actually allow the 360 headset to work...
Or i should say, none of the games i play seem to work with it, maybe i'm just playing the wrong games.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#3 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 02:01 PM

I've never tried it it a game, i just thought since maybe it works in Skype it might work in the game.

Hopefully if they do make controller support they will tie in headsets also.

#4 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 27 2012 - 05:01 PM

Well, I have a wired Xbox360 controller, and the Xbox360 headset.  It does work(the headset mic), I use it.  I don't know if the wireless controller will pass audio (i'm pretty sure it does not), but if you are saying you use it in skype, then it should work in the game.

I'd say you don't have it setup correctly in windoze or its a router issue (more about that later), heres some stuff to test and try.

This assumes your running Win 7.  I myself am running Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

Check to make sure its set on default communications device in the recording tab in the sound control panel.  Also go to headset properties in the recording tab, and select advanced in that tab, and turn off "Allow appications to take exclusive control of this device"

Make sure that you can see the meter move when you are talking in the control panel.

Now load hawken, go to the settings, set both mic levels at around half way.  select the test button (it should switch to stop), and hold ctrl (left or right, or whatever key is assigned push to talk) and talk (if you have push to talk selected, if not should be live all the time).  You should hear it repeat.  if it doesnt' repeat, then I'd say its a router issue not passing or returning the packets.

I've noticed 2 problems.

Now, one of the problems is sound and voice come though the same device, I would rather it be able to seperate the channels, but it doesn't work that way, so everyones voice comes across the speakers that are selected, and in my case the headset speaker does nothing.  I'd like this for privacy, so that the other members of my family don't have to listen to some poor cry baby dropping F bombs, when he's having a bad day.  Maybe this is something they can implement later.

Also, I seem to have better luck after I reboot my cable modem and router.  The mic will work for a while (a few rounds) and then it just quits.  At this point I can no longer hear anyone, and they cannot hear me.  An entire reboot of my entire setup seems to fix it.  Personally I think a port is getting hung on my router.   I have tried it with QOS turned off and on, and UPNP on and off.  Still can not narrow it down to what causes it.

I filed a support ticket hoping to get some help, but they just refered me to here, and theres very little users with the same issue.  I personally know of only 1 other player that has the same issues with the mic audio dying as myself, but he is able to just restart hawken and its back working temporarly for him.

Good luck, hope to hear you in a match soon.

Jason.

Edited by SS396, November 27 2012 - 05:45 PM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#5 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 07:40 PM

The unchecking the box in the properties did it :)

thanks a mill and also thanks for the matches.

#6 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 27 2012 - 09:04 PM

Thats great to hear.

Jason.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

1 user(s) are reading this topic