HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

More "open" levels like Sahara/Bazaar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyO2

JonnyO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 01:33 PM

After playing a bunch now, I realize that I really play best on the Bazaar map, and I think it has something to do with it being more "open" than the others; I get a bit claustrophobic in the other levels (and my mech seems to get stuck on things more too.) I know this is a matter of style, but it seems out of balance to only have one map in that style.

Anyone know whether the open beta will bring more maps_

#2 JonnyO2

JonnyO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:41 PM

No comments here_ People feeling netural on this_ I know I've heard others mention some levels feeling claustrophobic - which I'm sure is intentional - the point I'm making is about variety.

While I'm at it, I also feel like some areas of the levels are too indistinguishable from others (I'm almost certain I've mentioned this somewhere before...) and I'd like to see more small landmarks or variety in color tones ("ah, this is the blue floor, that's the second level up.") [I think I did notice a few extra glowing yellow decorations on... Titan(_) to help distinguish which jump-pads you were about to hop on as of CB3.]

#3 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 08:13 PM

No, I love the idea, it just has to be implemented properly. Its good to note that you like various things within the game as the devs actually read these.

The important piece is to make the maps functionally (not visually) mirrored so we don't have the terror that is Bazaar. If you spawn on the canyon side vs the town side, you're boned because you have to fight through 3 choke points, when the other team can easily take the center point. Its my favorite map design wise, but functionally its awful.

I kinda want a snowy/mountain map.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#4 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 03 2012 - 03:41 AM

I believe I read somewhere that they plan on adding more maps yet. And bigger ones at that. So this most likely will happen.. I'm not going to go digging for the post though.

#5 f3n1x0289

f3n1x0289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:57 PM

I agree with this also.  I really like Bazaar and I do feel like I do well on it.  On other maps sometimes it feels like there is too many choke points.  Take uptown there is a choke point everywhere!  Whenever you want to move to another main area you have to go through tiny corridors to make it there, and then you get bottled up and blown up.  Don't get me wrong I like Uptown but still I'd like more variety.

On that note can we have an option where we can select a map preference_  I don't want to go all the way through the rotation if I just want to play on bazaar or uptown.  I'd like to have the option to pick the map I want to play on.
Posted Image

#6 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 02:38 PM

Andromeda is probably one of the best maps honestly, its a shame its DM/TDM only :(

Bridge allows for fire support/snipers, the gutter allows for scouts to move quickly and safely, there is plenty of back space for spawning that isn't easily campable, There is open areas for maneuverability, and cover for those who need it. Lots of options for getting around, though I wish it were easier to get on the bridge from the side with the anti air. The town side has a building that is easily climbed.

As much as AJK will hate me for this, I also enjoy alley/uptown quite a bit, though there is one room that need to be changed as there is only two ways in or out. I've had some great firefights in middle.

Edited by PlagueDoctor, December 03 2012 - 02:44 PM.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users