HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

seperate voice and sound effects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:10 PM

This is kinda a double post (to a mic issue in the support area), but I figure there might be a better chance that a Dev might actually see it.

Now, one of the problems is sound and voice come though the same device, I would rather it be able to seperate the channels, but it doesn't work that way, so everyones voice comes across the speakers that are selected, and in my case the headset speaker does nothing. I'd like this for privacy, so that the other members of my family don't have to listen to some poor cry baby dropping F bombs, when he's having a bad day. Maybe this is something they can implement later.

What I'd like to see is an option to enable the voice traffic to be piped to a specific communications device.  I'd like voice chat to only go to my ear piece and not my normal speakers.   I understand I can mute someone, but thats not the idea.  I just want to be able to hear voice chat directly in my earpiece

Jason.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#2 virella

virella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 10:03 PM

ive noticed the same thing, the big issue i have with the current setting is that voices can be hard to hear over the game sounds if you have explosions going off near you, it would be nice to have the ability to manually select the game audio, voice audio, and mic input in the audio settings so if you need to change them in the middle of the game you can, instead of having to close out of the game everytime you want to change from speakers to headset audio, for it to refresh what you set the windows default to.
Posted Image

#3 ASaiEn

ASaiEn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 06:44 PM

This would be a nice feature to have. You could also have it default to what has been set as the default Windows communication device for input/output it would save on initial setup. This would make it more seamless for anyone that has set those defaults in Windows.

#4 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 07 2012 - 02:50 AM

I actually have the ear peice set to default communications device, and the speakers set to default.  It seems its not smart enough to use the windows settings.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users