HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Does anyone know when the Server List will be back_

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DethBrand

DethBrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:09 PM

Or do I have to wait for the OB launch_
Or if there is a way to direct connect so I might be able to play with my friends_

#2 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:17 PM

Not sure when it'll be back, soon I hope.  Hawken as it currently is, I can stand about 10mins or so before I'm just... done.  MM alone is making this game horrible, and there are still plenty of other things that needs fixing.

Edited by NBShoot_me, November 28 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#3 DethBrand

DethBrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hahaha, I know the feeling, I don't even try to play anymore which really sucks cause I liked this game. I don't even think I've made 500HC yet because I'm not trying to sit around for half an hour looking for a game that's worth staying in. =/
I patched today from the update a few days ago, went to deploy & only saw match making so I closed the game & posted this thread. -.-

#4 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:46 PM

Server Browser will be back in open beta.

The fact that you have a question does not dictate that you have to post a topic. Search works too. Or look in posts by Adhesive and Meteor staff.....say the news posts_

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#5 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 08:01 PM

View Postmarshalade, on November 28 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Server Browser will be back in open beta.

The fact that you have a question does not dictate that you have to post a topic. Search works too. Or look in posts by Adhesive and Meteor staff.....say the news posts_

The fact there is a sticky or another thread has been created about doesn't dictate that he CAN'T post a new thread on it.  Maybe a boat-load of MM-hate threads might give the devs a hint that MM needs to be fixed ASAP before go-live (and maybe an idea how/why).  Just because we'll eventually get the server browser back doesn't mean that we should give the current MM a pass for all the fail it causes and is in Hawken.  Then we aren't being good beta testers. :ph34r:

#6 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostDethBrand, on November 28 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Hahaha, I know the feeling, I don't even try to play anymore which really sucks cause I liked this game. I don't even think I've made 500HC yet because I'm not trying to sit around for half an hour looking for a game that's worth staying in. =/
I patched today from the update a few days ago, went to deploy & only saw match making so I closed the game & posted this thread. -.-

Yeah, I get tired of empty server surfing, especially since auto-select is gone, even with all the failings it had.  If anything, the region filters and MM game selections should pull up a server-browser like listing of games in progress listed first (sub-sorted by ping) so you can at least have a little control where you go.  I still would like a generic server browser (like it was before CB3) added back in, but the current system just doesn't even seem to fit the Hawken overall experience.  It's like a sci-fi near vanilla FPS that thinks it's WoT.

Honestly, I'm sure they could throw in an "I'm feeling lucky" button that makes MM act as it currently does (sort of, but without the current empty / high-ping server issues it currently has) for people that just want to go jumping into ANY random game, but that doesn't have to be the primary method of finding a game..

#7 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostNBShoot_me, on November 28 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Maybe a boat-load of MM-hate threads might give the devs a hint that MM needs to be fixed ASAP before go-live (and maybe an idea how/why)

1 topic with collected feedback from many, many testers is infinitely more effective than many topics of people complaining about generally the same thing. Not only that, but it's much more for the devs to have to sift through.

Just because we'll eventually get the server browser back doesn't mean that we should give the current MM a pass for all the fail it causes and is in Hawken.  Then we aren't being good beta testers. :ph34r:

The issue is that the current collective whine is
"MM SUX WE WANT SERVER BROWSER BACK"
"WHERE DID ALL REGIONS OPTION GO___"
"WHY AM I A LEVEL 1 AGAINST A LEVEL 18 WTF"

If people suggested parameters and how they could be utilized, shared experience with different mechs and levels of mechs, and STOPPED WHINING.....we would be in a much better place regarding the current state of MM.

Posted Image

#8 DethBrand

DethBrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 07:14 PM

There's a sticky about direct connecting_ My question wasn't just about the server list. -.-

#9 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postmarshalade, on November 28 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Maybe a boat-load of MM-hate threads might give the devs a hint that MM needs to be fixed ASAP before go-live (and maybe an idea how/why)

1 topic with collec......

I'm starting to think that people here love responding to stuff piecemeal..

EDIT:  In short, because this is looking like it's not worth my time... sure, a 100 page thread is many times easier to read than a bunch of small ones.  Especially since someone goes through the forums anyway picking out which threads to report back to the devs for them to actually read...

Edited by NBShoot_me, November 29 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#10 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 09:34 PM

But if it's not worth your time to do forum research, it's not worth our time to deal with your whining.  There's even a forum search function, man.  It's not rocket surgery.

#11 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostKaraipantsu, on November 29 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

But if it's not worth your time to do forum research, it's not worth our time to deal with your whining.  There's even a forum search function, man.  It's not rocket surgery.

Not even remotely what I'm getting at.  And by not worth YOUR time; you a Hawken developer_

EDIT:  Thread answered, I'm done here.  Not worth my time.

Edited by NBShoot_me, December 01 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#12 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostNBShoot_me, on November 29 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'm starting to think that people here love responding to stuff piecemeal..

What exactly is the issue with that_ It allows me to break down what you said and address all of your individual points.

View PostNBShoot_me, on November 29 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

In short, because this is looking like it's not worth my time... sure, a 100 page thread is many times easier to read than a bunch of small ones.  Especially since someone goes through the forums anyway picking out which threads to report back to the devs for them to actually read...

The fact is that a 100 page thread contains useful discussion and thought progression among many users whereas everyone posting their own simply leads to a lot of people posting the same thing and very few people saying much of anything useful. No matter where you go, fragmentation is a no-no on forums.

You're also not seeming to understand that the developers understand the issues with MM. They play the game, they read the forums, they know it often leads to empty games and stacked teams. We're forced to use it because it allows them to collect the maximum amount of data possible on their end. THIS IS INTENTIONAL.

View PostDethBrand, on November 28 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Or if there is a way to direct connect so I might be able to play with my friends_

I'm sorry for not addressing this point in the beginning, I missed it. If you haven't figured it out by now, you can add people to your friends list ingame, then either join the server they're on or invite them to join yours.

Edited by marshalade, December 01 2012 - 01:03 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 01 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postmarshalade, on December 01 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

the developers understand the issues with MM. They play the game, they read the forums, they know it often leads to empty games and stacked teams. We're forced to use it because it allows them to collect the maximum amount of data possible on their end. THIS IS INTENTIONAL.

Yeah the Dev's have openly stated they are aware of the issues with the current build and are working as hard as ever. Utilising the search function allows people to find this information out and keeping things clean for the team is much preferred as they don't have hundreds working on this.

View Postmarshalade, on December 01 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I'm sorry for not addressing this point in the beginning, I missed it. If you haven't figured it out by now, you can add people to your friends list ingame, then either join the server they're on or invite them to join yours.

I'll add, for those interested, party/clan systems will be introduced at open beta but will need to be paid for from the sounds of it. Source: http://www.forbes.co...onal-marketing/

Posted Image

#14 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 03 2012 - 10:47 AM

Interesting article, indeed. Spanish servers would be much appreciated as well. (Not directly mentioned but likely.. IMHO).

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#15 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:04 AM

@marshalade
The issue is that there is no direction or proper moderating of these forums.  If there was threads would be merged and such but they aren't. So the only people to blame for that is the people governing the forums.

#16 MarkJW

MarkJW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on December 04 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

@marshalade
The issue is that there is no direction or proper moderating of these forums.  If there was threads would be merged and such but they aren't. So the only people to blame for that is the people governing the forums.
Well I know for sure there's people who have been hired to interact with the community. Scapes worked at En Masse Entertainment on TERA for a couple years and did a pretty good job in my opinion. I'm going to hazard a guess that the community plan is still being developed and the architects are too busy atm to deal with arguements about repeat threads.

:3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users