HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

For those having poor framerates, try this

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostSythorian, on December 04 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

View Postdefekt, on December 04 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

View PostSythorian, on December 04 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

View Postdefekt, on December 04 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Evidently this improves the frame rate at the cost of all shaders and lighting (bar directional).  I’m more inclined to find the worst offender for hitting the frame rate and leaving everything else enabled because the game looks bloody awful with everything off.  Considering how badly the games looks with the above .ini I wouldn’t at all blame the devs for putting a block on it.  It worked tho!  ;)

As an asside, offline mode, with everything ramped up to maximum, ran no slower than 55fps on my lowly AMD - even with 20 (yes, 20) bots cluttering up the screen with their multifarious deaths.  Whatever the performance hit is it's not the render engine.
There's an offline mode_
There was, via the console.  It wasn't a supported game mode, just you with as many dumb bots as your system could handle.
Is there still a way to apply it_
I need some target practice for a new Dual Joystick setup.
Dunno, not tried it in CB3.  It was switched off during CB2, for all I know it still is.  Anyway, it will be no use in helping you target stuff as the bots were only one step up from being stationary targets.  I only used it to see how fast the game ran in 'single player', and it ran like warm bio-matter off a hot shovel, i.e., very quickly indeed.

#22 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:53 PM

As a point of awareness: We do not support player-created information around changing HAWKEN files, or the result of using that information.

#23 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:25 PM

"Offline mode" is disabled for the moment. In CBE1, the UE3 "open" command would allow you to open maps in offline single-player, except this only applies to the client before the first patch that was released several hours ahead of the actual launch of the servers and the start of the beta test period. The console was locked down in that patch, with only a few commands working.

In CBE2, the command simply was non-responsive and disabled, as with the post-launch CBE1 client.

In CBE3, using the open command in console crashes the game and displays a message that offline commands are not supported.

Offline mode is planned to come back in the future, according to TJ when I was in a server with him during CBE2, but that could obviously change at any time.

View PostNecro, on November 28 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

In addition right now there is a bug where you can change the lighting mode of the game with F7 and F8.

Hit F8 and you will notice one of them removes lights and shadows. It help a bit.
That's not a bug; those are debug keys that work in the garage. You might notice that it toggles other rendermodes. This is actually detailed in HawkenInput.ini. I've known about this since CBE1 but kept my mouth shut.

Edited by Elix, December 05 2012 - 01:30 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#24 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostElix, on December 05 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

View PostNecro, on November 28 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

In addition right now there is a bug where you can change the lighting mode of the game with F7 and F8.

Hit F8 and you will notice one of them removes lights and shadows. It help a bit.
That's not a bug; those are debug keys that work in the garage. You might notice that it toggles other rendermodes. This is actually detailed in HawkenInput.ini. I've known about this since CBE1 but kept my mouth shut.
Well it's a bug that players are able to access it i would say.
semantics.

#25 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:31 PM

Considering that one of the modes is wireframe, and it DOES give you wallhax, effectively (if a distorted spatial awareness since you have a hard time telling what's actually in front of you and what's in the distance behind it; the geometry can get QUITE disorienting), if the rendermode toggles are still working in Open Beta, that'll be a bug.

I liked playing with only global lighting, though. It didn't give me any advantages, but it was more gentle to my computer and gave me a more playable framerate (as opposed to, oh... 7fps).
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users