HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Match Making Game Merging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Noin

Noin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:57 PM

At the end of a round there are several players who leave and it usually ends up that you then do not have enough to play a meaningful game.

My suggestion is that after displaying the scores, the match maker could 're match' you as a group deciding if you should all be shuffled off to another server to 'fill' a server.  This would be almost transparent to the players in the map switching process.

You might need some kind of ready functionality in the scoreboard display so that people can declare they are staying earlier on.

This could be merging to a game that is in progress, or only merging games that are all completed or about to complete.  This would only happen at the end of a round, I can't imagine someone wanting to be switched mid game to a different server.  A question that is correlated is do the matches on the timed types of games all run at the same time intervals meaning do all team death matches start at the top of the hour, and start every X minutes.  I believe the answer is no.

The challenge I see:
  If someone would prefer to be playing a 3v3 or 2v2 for some reason.
  If you get 'stuck' playing the same map you just played.

Any constructive feedback_

#2 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:26 PM

This sounds like a nice solution to filling rooms.
  • It would have to keep track of both maps so it doesn't repeat one.
  • It couldn't change the region the server is in.
  • It would have to only merge under or the exact number of players into one server as to not kick a player off.
  • It would have to take place after the scoring page but before the ready page.

#3 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:29 PM

If the devs had time to implement something like this then I wouldn't mind. However, I'd much rather for the time being that they focus on getting the basic matchmaking good and stable before adding something like this.

Also, agree with Necro's points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users