HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launcher does not start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Piers_Money

Piers_Money

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello,

I've been trying to play this game since the 2nd closed Beta event but I am completely unable to do so.  Whenever run "HawkenLauncher.exe" a white box pops up, stays there for about 10 seconds, and then disappears.  I cannot see anything inside the box and I can't close out of it either; it just automatically goes away.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher multiple times with no luck.  The only antivirus software I have is Windows Defender/Firewall and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  

My specs are:
CPU: i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti

Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 07:02 AM

I hate to say this, but you are dependent on luck to get this game working, I had the same problem, but somehow the Launcher started working at CB3 and downloaded the game. But now I have another problem, that is finding matches....

And don't ever bother contacting support, it's simply useless.

#3 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted December 03 2012 - 11:45 AM

@111psycho - because of your comment regarding Support I took a look at your ticket history and I see we closed your ticket inappropriately. I'm going to have someone on our team reach out to you and continue to work with you to resolve your issue.

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:15 PM

@Piers_Money: Some ideas for ya and hoping that any might be of help there.

1.- Have you fully updated your video drivers_

1.1.- Have you recently updated your Windows too_

2.- Could you temporarily first disable your malware/anti-spyware/antivirus sotware and then run the game's launcher_

3.- Have you uninstalled the game -> deleted the Hawken folder into your /My Documents/  folder -> and then reinstalled the Hawken game_

4.- Could you check the Windows firewall and grant permissions to both HawkenLauncher.exe and HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe executable programs_

Hope this helps. Keep posting on here about your issue with the game, please.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users