HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

BUG: Unable to change direction while boosting in air...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ghostXzero

ghostXzero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 05:29 AM

BUG: Unable to change direction while boosting in air.  This feels very unintuitive and makes air movement very rigid and stiff.  Please fix this.

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted December 01 2012 - 05:43 AM

I think its intentional mate ...Most of the mechs thrusters are put towards keeping it up in the air, so you should cop the con for boosting
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted December 01 2012 - 05:46 AM

Did you try using the mouse_ If you mean move while in midair all you have to do is Spacebar + *desired direct* If you are talking about midair dashing then you might not fully understand how momentum works. It's viable on the ground because dashing is more like a sudden leap. A lot of the energy in the dashes comes from the legs not just the boost engines. If you'd want to be able to boost like how you want you'd need boosters pointing in all directions around the mech so you can make any sudden dash you want.

Edited by Deu, December 01 2012 - 05:57 AM.

Posted Image

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 02 2012 - 06:45 AM

It's called momentum. You can't just make the mech turn on a dime in midair, nor can you make him magically ignore the laws of physics.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#5 ghostXzero

ghostXzero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 08:36 AM

i expect such futuristic war machines to be equipped with thrust vectoring for air control...

http://en.wikipedia....hrust_vectoring

Edited by ghostXzero, December 02 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 02 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostghostXzero, on December 02 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

i expect such futuristic war machines to be equipped with thrust vectoring for air control...

http://en.wikipedia....hrust_vectoring
Then this belongs in the Suggestions forum, not bug reports, as you are complaining about functionality that does not match your expectations as opposed to functionality that is not coded properly.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#7 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted December 02 2012 - 12:30 PM

Woo he busted out thrust vectoring. Now we are on planes and that is my specialty. Thrust vectoring does not allow for split second changes in direction like you somehow have come to believe but rather an added force(torque) to the angle you want to turn. I promise you won't be able to turn the engine in on itself to go backwards. It just won't work. Now if the engines were on backpack that could put the engines on a swivel that could work. Example: In all honesty though I think your idea is entirely out of place. That feeling of being in a very heavy machine would vanish. Maybe you just don't know how thrust works but you'll never get the dash speed you get on the ground in the air and that's just real life.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users