HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is hawken at E3_

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 NoamFer

NoamFer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel.

Posted June 08 2011 - 05:40 AM

Well, the title says it all... Is it_
★★★★★

#2 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 06:38 AM

Hawken is indeed at E3 this year! :D  G4 has planned a special segment for Hawken, which will feature an all new level (hint). So expect brand new footage, as well as more information regarding the multiplayer modes. I'm not too sure when exactly the segment will be broadcasted, so stick to G4 TV, their website, and their Twitter account over the next two days to remain up to date.

#3 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 06:52 AM

I predict a huge forum influx ^^

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 08 2011 - 09:46 AM

New footage on a new level you say_. That's cool! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 NoamFer

NoamFer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel.

Posted June 08 2011 - 10:21 AM

The_Silencer said:

New footage on a new level you say_. That's cool! :D

That level seems too be more of a colonial desert region, from what I've seen in the region. Relatively less developed. If they are going to show more I can also see a purple themed region which seems to be relatively developed compared to the urban region and the desert region.
★★★★★

#6 Pawken

Pawken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 06:05 PM

the anticipation for this new footage is killing me, I also wanna see that t-shirt they made.
Posted Image

#7 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 08 2011 - 09:41 PM

Urethra Franklin said:

the anticipation for this new footage is killing me
Me too, bring it!

Edit: it's up, I just can't get the page to open. :[

http://n4g.com/news/... ... awken-info

Edit 2: not much new info there..

#8 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 09:48 PM

3leggedFreak said:

Me too, bring it!

Edit: it's up, I just can't get the page to open. :[

http://n4g.com/news/... ... awken-info
If I may clarify, that article summarizes the information divulged during the video interview with GameTrailers.com last week. Even more new footage and information has yet to come, my friend!

#9 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 08 2011 - 10:14 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

If I may clarify, that article summarizes the information divulged during the video interview with GameTrailers.com last week. Even more new footage and information has yet to come, my friend!
Ye got a bit over excited and missed the obvious, cried a bit when the link finally worked. :]

Back to sitting here hitting F5, waiting for The News.

#10 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted June 09 2011 - 04:24 AM

Wanna bet that once Hawken gets some global publicity at E3, they'll kickoff a Mech phase within the industry.
Hawken is in a niche field that devoid atm and I reckon the attention it'll get will bait other developers to work on their own Mech sims!

The info from the GT interview is very interesting indeed and that new Pic is very tasty!  Once again the artists(and other devs) working on Hawken are showin that they are very talented people who, as a small developer, can stand against the big companies that dominate the show!  
I feel that Adhesive Games are very inspirational to folks like myself in the modding community as they prove that you don't have to be big to create something special!  :!:
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#11 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 08:03 AM

I'm sure they'll update the homepage as soon as their E3 stuff is released :)

#12 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 09 2011 - 11:20 AM

Just realized Los Angeles is 9 hours behind from where I live so any news will probably surface when I'm sleeping like a baby. Well, hope for great stuff in the morning! =)

#13 SickDownlink

SickDownlink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted June 09 2011 - 01:00 PM

I didn't get to watch E3, did any new Hawken stuff get reviled_
10000100010010010011101000101000 : SickDownlink
Posted Image

#14 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 02:00 PM

SickDownlink said:

I didn't get to watch E3, did any new Hawken stuff get reviled_
Not yet. X-Play will be airing soon on G4, so stay tuned for more news as it develops. I'm not sure how long it takes for G4 to upload their broadcasted segments online, so watching the show looks to be your best bet. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated.

#15 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 03:26 PM

Alright! Khang Le is now on X-Play showing off Hawken! Get excited!

Edit: Ok, segments over. But holy cow! There was a lot of new stuff! The new map featured a distinctly different environment from what we've been treated to thus far, showcasing facilities sprawled across a desert. The footage had a couple tid-bits too, such as the ability to change weapons and reallocate points in between respawns, as well as the multi-mech station where players deposit the resources they've accumulated over the course of the match. Another juicy bit of info came from Mr. Le himself, stating that the giant aircrafts that loom over the battlefield can be taken down and harvested for resources. I hope many of you were also able to check it out, but I'll be sure to post the segment as soon as it hits the net in case you missed it.

#16 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 09 2011 - 03:45 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

Alright! Khang Le is now on X-Play showing off Hawken! Get excited!

Edit: Ok, segments over. But holy cow! There was a lot of new stuff! The new map featured a distinctly different environment from what we've been treated to thus far, showcasing facilities sprawled across a desert. The footage had a couple tid-bits too, such as the ability to change weapons and reallocate points in between respawns, as well as the multi-mech station where players deposit the resources they've accumulated over the course of the match. Another juicy bit of info came from Mr. Le himself, stating that the giant aircrafts that loom over the battlefield can be taken down and harvested for resources. I hope many of you were also able to check it out, but I'll be sure to post the segment as soon as it hits the net in case you missed it.
Since we can't see the show over here I hope you videocamed and youtubed it! :]

#17 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 03:49 PM

3leggedFreak said:

Since we can't see the show over here I hope you videocamed and youtubed it! :]
I mean, I recorded it on my TV's DVR, but I have no idea how one would put that onto the net.

#18 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted June 09 2011 - 04:09 PM

Great news to hear the hovering ships are used in-game rather than just backdrop assets! [insert beer here]
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#19 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 05:19 PM

Alright, the video has finally hit the net! You can find it here. For the sake of making it easily locatable for others, and to regulate discussion, I created a separate thread specifically for G4's demo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users