HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Introduction of Motion Detectors instead of RADAR

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 11:36 PM

[font="Comic Sans MS"]If we can get the radar system be replaced with on board 360 degrees motion detection with limited radius ( that can be upgraded as levels go up ) that would be really interesting and we can remove the ai voice that’s says enemy sighted when the enemy is within visual or radar range.[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]With a motion detection tracking system we can track enemy movements that are within the motion detector capabilities and range , and let the be a alarm beeping sound that increases or decreases base on the range or how far or close the enemy mech is.[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The motion detector can give the range in meters to the player with regards to distance of enemies in a 360 degrees motion detector that’s emitting waves [/font]or pulses or beeps ...

Just a thought !
[font="Comic Sans MS"] [/font]

Attached Files

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#2 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 11:37 PM

Is it not essentially the same thing_

#3 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 11:42 PM

Happy Hunting.. if we hunting we are traking... so that is why i got this idea ... radar seems like more inflight ( flying) but this is a mech game

but i guess we are all entitled to our own opinions and i respect all your takes and comments on this subject .

#4 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 11:59 PM

Motion detector instead of radar would encourage heavy camping, since information deprivation is achieved by not doing anything.  It WOULD make Sharpshooters a lot more dominant, though, so I am conflicted...

#5 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 02 2012 - 12:06 AM

Naa, vote against.  We can already not show up on radar by not boosting or shooting.  A motion detector would be OP with the way the current game mechanics work.

Besides, the AI voice doesn't play when a new enemy shows up on radar, someone on your team has to hit the 'enemy sighted' button for it to show up.

Edited by bacon_avenger, December 02 2012 - 12:07 AM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#6 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 12:07 AM

i see what you mean , however we can compensate for all negative possibilites , maybe have the ability to equip a radar or a motion tracking sensor that would detect any enemy be it stationery or moving ...

#7 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 12:10 AM

One, you don't give off a radar if your stationary anyway. (unless you shoot)

And two.

In what way would this change the game_ How would the information you revive from your system differ from the current system (radar) that detects boosting and enemy shots.

Three.

View PostOmega22, on December 02 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

motion tracking sensor that would detect any enemy be it stationery

Do you not see the flawed logic there_ I cut out the context for shorter post but if the developers don't want radar detection which actually can detect stationary objects to detect them then why would a motion tracking system be able to track the lack of movement_

Edited by Necro, December 02 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#8 SunshineSloth

SunshineSloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Equator, North of the South Pole.

Posted December 02 2012 - 08:13 AM

Radar is a motion detector. You seem to have no understanding of how radar actually works. Google: Doppler Effect. You are essentially renaming it poorly.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users