HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Connection Lost + Network Crash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SAMS0N

SAMS0N

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 01:15 AM

Whenever I try to join a game, I get in the match lobby for 2 minutes, it then proceeds to say "Connection Lost" I Alt+Tabs out to check what's the deal and my internet went down. So I proceeded to do this 10 more times, to only get yelled at by 3 other people in my house for being the problem the network keeps going down everytime I tried to join a match. Which, honestly, was quite funny, but I'd sincerley like to play a game without losing connection and not having my network crash every time I try to play. I had this same problem with Star Trek Online and was never able to find a solution and seeing as I actually invested money into this game, I'd like to be able to play it.

-I've already made sure my Firewall is accepting Hawken through. So, I don't think that's the problem.
-I've reset my router and modem. That didn't help either.
-I've added Hawken's port. Still didn't help.

I don't know what else to do right now, so I'm going to sleep and hope there's a solution that doesn't involve having to buy more internet junk.
Goodnight yall.

Edited by SAMS0N, December 02 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#2 SAMS0N

SAMS0N

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 01:20 PM

So, whatever the problem it, it has something in common with Star Trek Online. As of what that is, I really don't know. Both manage to shut down my entire network by just being in the game for a few minutes. I'd really hate to have to get a refund for such a great looking game, so I'm going to try my best to fix this issue and hopefully it wont just be me talking to myself here to find a solution. :lol:

Alright. I have a Modem Router combo which is a:
Netgear CDG24D
as well as a:
TP-Link TL-WR541G
and my ISP is:
Brighthouse
with a:
Belkin Wireless G Plus mimo usb Network Adapter
connected to my PC.
My OS is: Windows 7
Posted Image

I'm at a loss of things to try to fix. I'll try looking up this problem online, but I don't know if that'll help.

Edited by SAMS0N, December 02 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#3 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 02:16 PM

I would say Hawken and STO is using a ton of bandwith which is saturating your wireless connection causing it to drop.

#4 SAMS0N

SAMS0N

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hmm. That sounds about right. Now that you mention it, our internet does tend to slow down when people are streaming videos. Is there any way to optimize the network so that it doesn't crash_ Or perhaps boost it_ I could call up Brighthouse and give them an ear full, considering I'm paying $60 a month.

#5 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostSAMS0N, on December 02 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Hmm. That sounds about right. Now that you mention it, our internet does tend to slow down when people are streaming videos. Is there any way to optimize the network so that it doesn't crash_ Or perhaps boost it_ I could call up Brighthouse and give them an ear full, considering I'm paying $60 a month.

Not using wireless_ Wireless is really not meant for gaming of something of this calibre.

#6 SAMS0N

SAMS0N

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 02:48 PM

Damn. Going to be a pain hooking it up, but I'll give it a try. A 50foot cat5 cable should do the trick.
Thanks JuiceBox.

Edited by SAMS0N, December 02 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#7 NotAnExit

NotAnExit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:49 AM

From the looks of it, my guess would be your USB adapter.  Wireless is fine for Hawken, but USB wireless adapters tend to club routers like a baby seal when they go pear shaped.

#8 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 03 2012 - 09:59 AM

If you're gonna go wired over more than say, 40 feet, i'd say go with CAT6/6A.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#9 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 11:05 AM

Cat5e is good for upto 300 feet no need to spend money on a expensive cable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users