HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Seems like the invisible attacking mech bug is alive and well.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted December 03 2012 - 11:42 AM

I have seen this three or four times in the last twentyfour hours. Just a red box around the attacking unit when you can find it (difficult to track on a fast moving mech). Happened in a game where another mech on the opposing side had used the infil camo at least once and in another game I watched the camo special work in correct operation and combination with the cloak drop at weapon firing so I am quite positive of the glitch encountered.

#2 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well, yeah.  There hasn't been a new build save for that emergency game-breaking chat bug squashed last week, so this one has yet to be fixed.

#3 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:17 PM

Aye, but prior to the last day I had personally viewed this maybe twice since the start of Beta3.

#4 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:30 PM

I saw a couple matches this week where people were intentionally triggering this every life. I usually just leave those and find another match as there aren't a lot of players abusing it.

#5 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostRipperT, on December 03 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Aye, but prior to the last day I had personally viewed this maybe twice since the start of Beta3.

Yes, well, now it's becoming more widely known and it's getting abused more often.  Fact of life is that people are douchebags when given the chance and the information to accomplish douchebaggery.

#6 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 03 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostSkylead, on December 03 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

I saw a couple matches this week where people were intentionally triggering this every life. I usually just leave those and find another match as there aren't a lot of players abusing it.
I find killing them horribly also works. Firing into the empty space enclosed by the red brackets can be disconcerting, but I've killed several of these exploiting players. The trick is killing them and then preventing them from doing it again by seizing the AA.
Posted Image

#7 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 04:58 PM

I was on a TD (origin) map not siege when last viewing this issue.

#8 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted December 03 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostConquistador, on December 03 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

I find killing them horribly also works. Firing into the empty space enclosed by the red brackets can be disconcerting, but I've killed several of these exploiting players. The trick is killing them and then preventing them from doing it again by seizing the AA.

It's rather annoying when they all do it on sharpshooters though and camp rooftops. Takes a while to find a mecha that is crosslevel sniping while invis

#9 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 03 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostSkylead, on December 03 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on December 03 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

It's rather annoying when they all do it on sharpshooters though and camp rooftops. Takes a while to find a mecha that is crosslevel sniping while invis
ouch. This I can agree with. All the invis kills I've had have been in close quarters.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users