HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Documented: terrain bug and graphics issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted December 03 2012 - 04:30 PM

1. There's a building on Prosk/Andromeda that seems to absorb the splash damage from weapons. Been tested numerous times; Thanks to UnionofJack for helping me document. [this vid shows my view first, then his, of the same test.]

Possible wall bug_

2. WIth Ambient Occlusion on, this happens to the sky on Uptown [every time]. Other players have noticed this too.

[running Ultra settings here]

Edited by Ace4225, December 03 2012 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#2 UnionofJack

UnionofJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 03 2012 - 05:34 PM

Chiming in to say that I later tried it with the detonator as well, and the same thing happened. It appears that the collision on the wall is a bit further back than the model, causing the explosive to travel partially through it before detonating.
Posted Image
--------> Alpha Squad <--------
| Flit<->'Zerker | Chuck<->Brawler | Lumber<->Cupcake |
Come watch! http://www.twitch.tv/unionofjack
Online most nights until around 2AM, PST. Currently: [Offline]

#3 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted December 03 2012 - 09:16 PM

Nice work on the testing. Yeah noticed the weird thing on the sky on medium settings, dunno if i've got ambient occlusion on though ...
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#4 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted December 03 2012 - 10:27 PM

That sky is on Uptown, right_ I think it might not actually be a glitch, it looks like there could actually be some sort of structure up there. I mean, if you try shooting a TOW at the dark areas, it explodes a lot sooner than if you shoot it at the lighter areas or if you shoot one at the sky on any other map.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#5 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 10:57 PM

[deleted]

Edited by Ace4225, December 04 2012 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#6 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostSirCannonFodder, on December 03 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

That sky is on Uptown, right_ I think it might not actually be a glitch, it looks like there could actually be some sort of structure up there. I mean, if you try shooting a TOW at the dark areas, it explodes a lot sooner than if you shoot it at the lighter areas or if you shoot one at the sky on any other map.

Nope. It's definitely a glitch. Matte-grey squares just randomly floating in the sky tell me that there's supposed to be a texture there, but the texture isn't being displayed properly. I've seen similar shading oddities within other games whilst Ambient Occlusion is on.. but it may not necessarily be the occlusion. It definitely wasn't intended tho.. a couple times, when a match ended, the winner appeared floating up by one of the squares, and you could see it up close. It definitely does not belong. lol

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#7 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 04 2012 - 01:53 AM

interesting
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users