HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Missy

Missy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 11 2011 - 03:56 PM

I'm aware that avatars have to be 90x90 pixels and less than 14kb, but it's impossible to upload a 90x90 PNG picture with a resolution of 72 DPI (compressed and no extra information saved into the file). I'm kindly asking if any of the administrators could increase the avatar filesize to 15kb, because pixlated JPG images below 14kb belongs to the 90's :/

This would allow users to upload avatars with decent quality! :]

#2 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 12 2011 - 04:13 PM

I do concur. =)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#3 Missy

Missy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 14 2011 - 06:47 PM

Looks like the admins are busy not reading the forums :/

And thanks Silencer.

#4 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted June 15 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'm sorry, what was that about the file size_

<- 6.4 kB, 90x90 PNG

But yeah, I guess mine isn't that complex, and it's not based off any lossy images so PNG compresses it nicely. I'm like to ask though why 90x90 and not 100x100. There's certainly room for a larger image.

(Edit for future readers: It's now 7.8 kB, 100x100 PNG, same image)
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#5 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted June 15 2011 - 07:34 PM

These forums are run as an anarcho-syndicalist commune.  The admins take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.   All the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting, by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of avatar file size and dimensions.

After much deliberation, we have come to the decision that 100x100 and 22k shall be sufficient henceforth.

#6 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted June 15 2011 - 09:13 PM

ChrisLalli said:

These forums are run as an anarcho-syndicalist commune.  The admins take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.   All the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting, by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of avatar file size and dimensions.

After much deliberation, we have come to the decision that 100x100 and 22k shall be sufficient henceforth.
Yet another image size increase :D. However people will be bringing out their avatars that still aren't fitting! Is there something you can do_ Hit them with a club!

Edit: Well I thought it was funny
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#7 Missy

Missy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 17 2011 - 09:50 AM

Thanks, I can finally upload my png avatar.

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 28 2011 - 08:15 AM

Looks like 100x100 works quite well from now on. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users