HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

will I lose my XP once game goes to open beta or full launch

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NoobDestroyer

NoobDestroyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:39 AM

Does anyone know if we will lose all the xp we gain during closed beta once open beta goes live in a few weeks_

Getting close to 20 and it would be such a drag to have to start over.

I dont see that it would especially since they have boosters for sale. Why let ppl boost their xp rate just to take it away

#2 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:43 AM

Because it was just a test to tweak the exp rate. You will now have to pay money for the exp boost.

*edit* and yes you will start over.

Edited by ReachH, December 04 2012 - 08:43 AM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#3 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:46 AM

Yes each testing phase wipes previous accomplishments completely.
Posted Image

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yes, you will. This has been publically stated since Alpha 2, at least, so, yes. Everything but your callsign (and maybe your in-game friends list) will be wiped.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:15 PM

YUP! You lose it ALL
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#6 NoobDestroyer

NoobDestroyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:42 AM

Dam that sucks.

So why are they selling the vangaurd pack then right now, if everything you get to spend the points on will be wiped. It doesnt make sense I paid 15 bucks for a vangaurd pack and bought xp boosters with the credits and for what_ the boosted xp will all be wiped.

#7 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:55 AM

The vanguard should be applied when the open beta comes out as well. If it doesnt let them know and they will go through with you on confirming your purchase and fixing it.

#8 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:58 AM

They've stated in no uncertain terms that the Vanguard bundles are applied to your account for the open beta on the 12th, not the closed beta. As for the boosters, you didn't have to pay any money for those, just the free Meteor points that the devs gave to everyone at the start of the beta. So you're not losing anything that was given out for free for the purpose of testing.

You've already got an edge over the new open beta crowd by having experience (not talking XP) in the game already so you know how to play it well. You don't need the added boost of already having mechs with full items and internals and (mostly negligable) optimizations.

EDIT: Yes, there's been bugs where the Vanguard MP points were applied during this beta, but it's been addressed as far as I know.

Edited by DM30, December 05 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#9 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostDM30, on December 05 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

They've stated in no uncertain terms that the Vanguard bundles are applied to your account for the open beta on the 12th, not the closed beta. As for the boosters, you didn't have to pay any money for those, just the free Meteor points that the devs gave to everyone at the start of the beta. So you're not losing anything that was given out for free for the purpose of testing.

You've already got an edge over the new open beta crowd by having experience (not talking XP) in the game already so you know how to play it well. You don't need the added boost of already having mechs with full items and internals and (mostly negligable) optimizations.

EDIT: Yes, there's been bugs where the Vanguard MP points were applied during this beta, but it's been addressed as far as I know.

Bought mine last night and am sitting here in closed beta staring at 16K meteor points.

#10 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:13 PM

If, for some reason, you are not refilled on your Vanguard bonuses come Open Beta, you'll want to file a support ticket (the "Support" link at the top of the page) because the script somehow missed you. They have all the transaction records; there's no logical reason why you would be denied.

Edit: Don't actually need that quote, it applies to everyone.

Edited by Elix, December 05 2012 - 03:14 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users