HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

*UPDATED* Vanguard Initiative Only Available Until December 6!

Announcement Exclusive Game Website

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:14 PM

UPDATE 4: We've clarified the Vanguard Initiative improvements in a new thread.

http://community.pla...ents-clarified/

UPDATE 3: Due to all the recent confusion and shenanigans we're going to extend the Vanguard Initiative offer an additional 12 hours. You have until 11:59 PM PST (GMT -8) to get in on the deals.

UPDATE 2: All Vanguard Initiative items (camos, thrusters, drone) will become account-bound (meaning they'll be available on any mech you own) when our system is ready to support that functionality. Until that time, they will be bound to the Cupcake mech.

UPDATE 1: In thanks for all of your patience, will be sending out *two* codes for each XP and HAWKEN credits boost you get with your purchase. These codes will be redeemable at your leisure. We will be sending the codes to the email you supplied us when you made your purchase. No bonus will activate automatically at the start of Open Beta.

Posted Image

Above is the Cupcake Mech that Ensigns, Lieutenants, and Commanders in The Vanguard Initiative will find in their garage at Open Beta December 12.

The Vanguard Initiative bundles will be going away on December 6 at noon PST (-8 GMT)! If you were debating picking it up,  now is the time to decide!

To help with your decision we've put together a bit more information about the packages. If you have additional questions you can check out our Vanguard Initiative Support FAQ or ask here in the forums

The Cupcake is a Heavy class mech, she's fully loaded and ready for battle. Cupcake arrives with the following gear and exclusive chassis:

Class: Heavy

Chassis: Cupcake

Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher

Ability: Artillery Turret

Primary Weapon 1: Rev-GL

Alternate Primary Weapon 2: Heat Cannon

Max Level Unlockable Weapon: Point-D Vulcan

Offense Item: HE Grenade

Support Item: Hologram

Offensive Internal: Explosive Munitions

Defensive Internal: Heat Resistant Armor

Functional Internal: Fuel Canisters

Commanders will also find the exclusive PY-R0 H0G Repair Drone waiting for action. Look at that little monster! It's so adorable and helpful!

Posted Image

Your camo will be bound to the Cupcake mech. If you have purchased a Lieutenant or Commander package, you will also have the option of the lower rank camos as well.

Posted Image
(from left to right: Ensign, Lieutenant, Commander)

In the future, we plan to make the camo account-bound, rather than mech-bound. What this means is you'll be able to put these camos on a different mech in your garage!

Your boosts will activate on 12.12.12 and are account-bound. Your time will expire in the given period whether you've played or not so, get out there and make the most of them!

Posted Image
(from left to right: Ensign, Lieutenant, Commander)

Emblems will not be available at the start of Open Beta, but they are coming soon! They are intended to be displayed on your in-game and HAWKEN forum profiles.

Finally, as a thank you for your understanding and support, we're granting everyone that purchases the Vanguard Initiative a special PY-R0 BURN thruster for the Cupcake Mech!

Posted Image

Remember, if you are part of our Closed Alpha or Beta events none of your current inventory, rank, or HAWKEN Credits or Meteor Credits will carry over into Open Beta. Your bonus Meteor Credits will automatically show up in your account at the start of Open Beta on December 12.

You will be getting codes for double the bonus associated with your bundle via the email associated with your purchase.

Time is limited, pilots. You only have until December 6 at 11:59 PM PST (GMT -8) to join The Vanguard Initiative and enjoy all these benefits that come with rank!

Team HAWKEN is excited to welcome everyone to our Open Beta on December 12. We're especially grateful to everyone that has supported us. You are why we do it and we're so thankful to you for helping us make HAWKEN a game we all love!

xxoo
~Hugs

#2 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:37 PM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Your boosts will activate on 12.12.12 and are account-bound. Your time will expire in the given period whether you've played or not so, get out there and make the most of them!
Question:

We were originally told that the boosts will be able to be activated at a later time of our choosing.

From http://www.playhawke...uard-initiative :

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on November 16 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

View Postbacon_avenger, on November 16 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

As I read/understand it:

The Lieutenant and Commander boosters are available for those who purchase those levels as a 'credit' of sorts, and are activated at a time of the buyers choosing.  The ensign level has it's booster start upon start of the open beta.
    Each level gets it's own specific camouflage and emblem.

Close! The boosts can be used when ever you choose to activate it. The upper tiers get access to the lower tier camo, but not the other emblems.
I'm not accusing anyone of being sketchy, but the way this post reads, it sounds like all the boosts are going to activate upon open beta starting vs being able to decide when.

Can you clarify this please_

Emblems:  Where are these going to end up_  In our pilot profile, on our mechs, or somewhere else entirely_

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#3 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm really, really not happy about the boosters starting with the launch, since I won't be able to play it for the first few days. I was told we would be able to choose when it activated.

Edited by SirCannonFodder, December 04 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#4 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:45 PM

Ahhhhhhh I love the repair drone!!! And Cupcake <3 I think we'll be spending quite a bit of time together...
Thanks for the extra information, I'm really excited :D

View Postbacon_avenger, on December 04 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Emblems:  Where are these going to end up_  In our pilot profile, on our mechs, or somewhere else entirely_

Emblems will not be available at the start of Open Beta, but they are coming soon! They are intended to be displayed on your in-game and HAWKEN forum profiles.

Edit: PLEASE tell me the repair drone actually shoots fire....

Edited by marshalade, December 04 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#5 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postmarshalade, on December 04 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Edit: PLEASE tell me the repair drone actually shoots fire....
I'd imagine so, since the current repair drones have different effects too (one has water, one has lasers, and one welds).

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#6 Ollie

Ollie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:05 PM

Ooof.  I'd be miffed at the two days of notice (thanks from all us working stiffs -- we were begging for this earlier to figure out ways to arrange to give you money), but the "boosts start on 12.12" ish sealed the deal on no purchase.  *sigh*

And not to be all sour grapes or anything, but am I missing the difference between a Cupcake and a Grenadier_  Is it the Vulcan unlock_

And I'd be a bit worried about the flame calling attention, but these lovely pink checkers already do all the work. ;)
errything is pink chex, errything is pink chex

#7 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:10 PM

hahaha finally Cupcake gets a mention!

Posted Image

#8 UnionofJack

UnionofJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:51 PM

So just to be clear, if we purchased the $15 bundle, for example, we'll have the full $20 in MC at launch on the 12th_ Regardless of any purchases made in CB3_
Posted Image
--------> Alpha Squad <--------
| Flit<->'Zerker | Chuck<->Brawler | Lumber<->Cupcake |
Come watch! http://www.twitch.tv/unionofjack
Online most nights until around 2AM, PST. Currently: [Offline]

#9 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postbacon_avenger, on December 04 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Question:

We were originally told that the boosts will be able to be activated at a later time of our choosing.

From http://www.playhawke...uard-initiative :

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on November 16 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

View Postbacon_avenger, on November 16 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

As I read/understand it:

The Lieutenant and Commander boosters are available for those who purchase those levels as a 'credit' of sorts, and are activated at a time of the buyers choosing.  The ensign level has it's booster start upon start of the open beta.
    Each level gets it's own specific camouflage and emblem.

Close! The boosts can be used when ever you choose to activate it. The upper tiers get access to the lower tier camo, but not the other emblems.
I'm not accusing anyone of being sketchy, but the way this post reads, it sounds like all the boosts are going to activate upon open beta starting vs being able to decide when.

Can you clarify this please_

You're right. It is not what we promised before. The boosts do start on Dec 12 at launch. Similar to the issue with the Emblems, we don't have account-based items working, yet (but we will soon). We opted for providing the boosts at launch rather than not give you them.

The PY-R0 BURN thruster is something we offer with respect to this.

Speaking only for myself, this isn't what I told you we would do, and I'm sorry.

Regarding the emblems, they will show up on your player profiles in-game and here on the HAWKEN forums.

Sincerely,

~kat aka Hugs

#10 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostUnionofJack, on December 04 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

So just to be clear, if we purchased the $15 bundle, for example, we'll have the full $20 in MC at launch on the 12th_ Regardless of any purchases made in CB3_

Yes. Accounts are totally wiped between CBE3 and Open Beta.
xxoo

#11 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

How totally_ I mean, we expected mechs, etc. to be wiped, but I also heard we would get to keep our callsigns (obviously) and possibly our friends list.

Can you guys at least confirm if we'll have to re-friend everyone_ :)
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#12 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 04 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

How totally_ I mean, we expected mechs, etc. to be wiped, but I also heard we would get to keep our callsigns (obviously) and possibly our friends list.

Can you guys at least confirm if we'll have to re-friend everyone_ :)

Your callsigns are yours. No worries about those.

The friends list question is a good one. It's an issue we're working on now. I will warn you that you should try to take note of your friends now as it is very likely your friends will be wiped. When I know for sure I'll be sure to update.

We hope to have a full change list by end of the week.

#13 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

You're right. It is not what we promised before. The boosts do start on Dec 12 at launch. Similar to the issue with the Emblems, we don't have account-based items working, yet (but we will soon). We opted for providing the boosts at launch rather than not give you them.
Thank you for responding about this.

I have an add-on question then.  I noticed there is a 'redeem code' button on the main page, and can only assume this is going to be used for in-game item redemption (giveaways, contests, that sort of thing).

I would much rather wait (I'm a patient person) and receive a pair of redemption codes at a later date (when the per account items roll out, re: emblems) than have them automatically activated upon open beta (middle of the work week, it is) when I may not be able to play at all due to work commitments (on-call duty really stinks at times).

Might this be an option_

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#14 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postbacon_avenger, on December 04 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I have an add-on question then.  I noticed there is a 'redeem code' button on the main page, and can only assume this is going to be used for in-game item redemption (giveaways, contests, that sort of thing).

I would much rather wait (I'm a patient person) and receive a pair of redemption codes at a later date (when the per account items roll out, re: emblems) than have them automatically activated upon open beta (middle of the work week, it is) when I may not be able to play at all due to work commitments (on-call duty really stinks at times).

Might this be an option_

I don't want to tell you yes at this point only to return again to tell you no. It is something I'd like to make happen (even if it's just a 1 or 3 day boost). I can only tell you that I'm going to do my best and everyone on Team HAWKEN wants to make sure you guys are happy.

We will continue keep everyone updated and when we're in the position to confidently say more about this (or anything else), we will.
xxoo

#15 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:53 PM

As someone that will rarely play C-class I'm really bummed with how the exclusive machinery turned out, especially the exclusive repair drone, which looks at odds with the rest of the game's design treatment, and the fact that the thruster is only equipable on the exclusive mech. $75 exclusive camouflage here we come!

Edited by Roundlay, December 04 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#16 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

View Postbacon_avenger, on December 04 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Might this be an option_

I don't want to tell you yes at this point only to return again to tell you no. It is something I'd like to make happen (even if it's just a 1 or 3 day boost). I can only tell you that I'm going to do my best and everyone on Team HAWKEN wants to make sure you guys are happy.

We will continue keep everyone updated and when we're in the position to confidently say more about this (or anything else), we will.
I'd just like to chime in that I'd be very happy with the "receiving a redeemable code later on" option, too.

Posted Image

#17 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:00 PM

Assuming we'll be able to purchase Hawken Credits granularly at launch, the exclusive Vanguard Initiative doesn't really do much for me. Would it be possible to get in touch with someone regarding a refund, or are purchases locked in at this point_

Edited by Roundlay, December 04 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#18 Husky

Husky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostRoundlay, on December 04 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Assuming we'll be able to purchase Hawken Credits granularly at launch, the exclusive Vanguard Initiative doesn't really do much for me. Would it be possible to get in touch with someone regarding refund, or are purchases locked in at this point_

I want to know the same thing, I was under the assumption that I was able to use the boost when I wanted to. My gaming time is currently controlled by grad school and finals. The day the booster starts it is about the time dead week starts and finals start trickling in.

Edited by Husky, December 04 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

Dat Husky...

#19 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:47 PM

Ahh ):

"Virtual currency and item purchase are non refundable."

#20 DrunkenEric

DrunkenEric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostHusky, on December 04 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

View PostRoundlay, on December 04 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Assuming we'll be able to purchase Hawken Credits granularly at launch, the exclusive Vanguard Initiative doesn't really do much for me. Would it be possible to get in touch with someone regarding refund, or are purchases locked in at this point_

I want to know the same thing, I was under the assumption that I was able to use the boost when I wanted to. My gaming time is currently controlled by grad school and finals. The day the booster starts it is about the time dead week starts and finals start trickling in.

Same here.  I just pre-ordered and gladly gave you $60 for the commander package.  Now I find out I can't even use some of these bonuses when *I* want to__  That is ridiculous.  I work full time, 10+ hour shifts...I need to be able to start these when I want to.

Very disappointed..........

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Exclusive, Game, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users