HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

*UPDATED* Vanguard Initiative Only Available Until December 6!

Announcement Exclusive Game Website

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#21 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'd like to chime in that I, too, am miffed about when the boosts start. I bought in with the idea that they'd start when I wanted it to. I'm also not too keen on the cupcake mech. I only ever used the Rocketeer during the test drive and found it wasn't manuverable enough to my liking. I had hoped instead that the "prototype mech" was something more unique, as well. The other stuff, I'm cool with. I paid the cash knowing that I'd be playing Hawken for a while.

As others had stated, the 12th is finals week for some, and I've also got a ton of work that will flow through that time period. Not being able to make the most of the boost that I bought into is really, really annoying.

#22 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostRoundlay, on December 04 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Ahh ):

"Virtual currency and item purchase are non refundable."
Except we were told we'd be able to activate the boosters manually, but we can't, so it's false advertising (and saying "you get these fancy jets to make up for it" doesn't count, since that's not the deal we agreed to). And if all else fails, there's always credit card charge-backs and paypal disputes. Sure, doing that would probably get your account banned (since Valve does the same with Steam), but to be frank, if a company makes a mistake and then doesn't want to rectify it, then it's not really a company I'd want to support anyway.

That said, this isn't really a deal-breaker for me like it is for others, but I would be a much happier camper if we could get those redeemable codes to use later on instead.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#23 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey guys, regarding the boosts going into effect automatically:  we're going to take care of you, don't worry.  As Hugs mentioned we need to discuss the best way to resolve that issue and then we'll let you guys know right away.  We'll make sure you aren't shortchanged in any way :)

View Postmarshalade, on December 04 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Edit: PLEASE tell me the repair drone actually shoots fire....

The repair drone actually shoots fire... out of BOTH nozzles!

View PostRoundlay, on December 04 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Assuming we'll be able to purchase Hawken Credits granularly at launch, the exclusive Vanguard Initiative doesn't really do much for me. Would it be possible to get in touch with someone regarding a refund, or are purchases locked in at this point_

Don't forget that the Vanguard package nets you a big bonus in Meteor points, a lot more than you get by just buying separately after launch.  Also, the bonus thrusters we're throwing in are really cool... but then, I think the HOG repair drone is pretty awesome too. Also, please provide a hilariously appropriate gif that sums this whole situation up.

#24 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image

#25 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:08 PM

lol wow that was fast.  I knew I could count on you!

#26 [HWK]Long$hot

[HWK]Long$hot

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 11:50 PM

Just wanted to co-sign Duey's statements about the Vanguard Thrusters/Healing Drone....they are super dopetastic! We are really excited to reveal them to you all [in open beta]. Also, it is never our intent to "deceive" you in any way. We heart you guys/gals! Know that we are working hard to resolve this issue.

Dat gif... :D

#27 Theref

Theref

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 11:54 PM

Glad I bought the vanguard initiative today :(
I only disappointed on the boost, was expecting we can choose when we going to start the boost.

#28 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:11 AM

View Post[ADH]Deuy, on December 04 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Also, the bonus thrusters we're throwing in are really cool.

But only equipable on the exclusive mech_ "Finally, as a thank you for your understanding and support, we're granting everyone that purchases the Vanguard Initiative a special PY-R0 BURN thruster for the Cupcake Mech!"

#29 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:22 AM

They did say they're going to work to get the "exclusive to a mech" stuff converted to an account-level unlock at some point. Eventually I'd presume that you would be able to select the thrusters, camo, decal, parts, etc. as if they were regular old parts.

I do play a fair amount of C-Class, but I have little need for a Grenadier, admittedly. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#30 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:23 AM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Your camo will be bound to the Cupcake mech. If you have purchased a Lieutenant or Commander package, you will also have the option of the lower rank camos as well.

Posted Image
(from left to right: Ensign, Lieutenant, Commander)

In the future, we plan to make the camo account-bound, rather than mech-bound. What this means is you'll be able to put these camos on a different mech in your garage!

Do you mean that you intend to make the camo we're purchasing in this package (which you're saying will be bound to the Cupcake mech) be able to be used on all the other mechs we own sometime in the future_ Or are you saying this camo we're getting is bound to cupcake, but there will be future forms of camo (which would need a purchase) that will be available on all mech types_

Or, will the future forms of camo be a one-time purchase for the mech, kind of like the paint job (not able to be carried over to each mech, but can be purchased again)_

Edited by Culex, December 05 2012 - 02:34 AM.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#31 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:41 AM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Your camo will be bound to the Cupcake mech. If you have purchased a Lieutenant or Commander package, you will also have the option of the lower rank camos as well.

Wowza. Must've skipped over this part. Refund request time!

#32 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:48 AM

Fortunately for me I’ve been having some success with the Grenadier, it’s a machine I intend to keep playing, so I at least will get some use out of the Cupcake; however, I’m not blind to the fact that this is a very targeted and niche product that if it had been known to be a machine that I don’t intend to play I’d have thought twice about parting with my hard-earned beer vouchers.

News that the boost will activate on 12/12/12 is disappointing, I probably won’t be able to get the most out of them as I’m away on business for two of my boosted three days.  Not ideal, particularly when I was operating under an informed misapprehension about delayed activation when I purchased the initiative package.  The idea of deferring the activation of these boosts via redeemable codes sounds like an elegant solution.

I’m a patient man so the de-mech-binding of the items I can wait for.

#33 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostRoundlay, on December 05 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Wowza. Must've skipped over this part. Refund request time!

Good luck with that...
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#34 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on December 05 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Good luck with that...

Thanks! I started a support ticket. (:

#35 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:25 AM

Do let us know how it turned out, because you have made a good point.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#36 LordAzurite

LordAzurite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 04:48 AM

Was hoping it would turn out to be a B-Class mech, then again, I will purchase a lot of cool stuff (hopefully) released in-game in the future.

I also agree that the texture design on the PY-R0 H0G Repair Drone, cute as it may be, doesn't mix well with the commander camo.
It's too bad you can't choose camo on your drone (yet_).

#37 Joebeans

Joebeans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:43 AM

hahaha total BS im so glad the checkout crashed when I went to buy the commander package. like you can not turn your boost on when you want thats total bs. People have f**king lives and jobs too. Well done Hawken This is a massive fail for you guys well done Posted Image

I would have loved to supported your game but you have made a massive mistake.
Posted Image

Website:www.gamersplatoon.com                                                                                      Teamspeak:ts3.gamersplatoon.com

#38 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:58 AM

A European issue will not resolved, Hawken is a game, free to play game, with the biggest overpayment what the Europeans have to pay.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#39 Ikbosh

Ikbosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:10 AM

Just wanna say, thankyou for making an excellent game and I look forward to playing the Open Beta. I personally do not care that I will never use that Mech, I do not care the boosts will be activated upon day one (Even though I do work full time and won't get to use the first 3 days worth) and I don't care that for now the skins will be locked to the prototype Mech. Reason I am saying this, is so you, the staff, know there are people that appreciate the effort you have put into this. The reason I purchased my Commander package was simply to give you money. I'm getting it back and then some in Meteor Credit form and thus am happy. Don't let these whiny people get you down, because I imagine 95% of the other people that purchased a package do not care about these dilemmas and because they're satisfied, aren't saying anything.

Keep up the good work!

#40 Hunter_Killer

Hunter_Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne Systems

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:13 AM

My question is if i buy Vanguard Initiative pack ( no matter which )
will i still HAVE this stuff in the FINAL game _ Or is it just for the Beta _
Posted Image
-INFILTRATION-UNIT-ONE-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Exclusive, Game, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users