HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

*UPDATED* Vanguard Initiative Only Available Until December 6!

Announcement Exclusive Game Website

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 Interrobang

Interrobang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostIkbosh, on December 05 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

Just wanna say, thankyou for making an excellent game and I look forward to playing the Open Beta. I personally do not care that I will never use that Mech, I do not care the boosts will be activated upon day one (Even though I do work full time and won't get to use the first 3 days worth) and I don't care that for now the skins will be locked to the prototype Mech. Reason I am saying this, is so you, the staff, know there are people that appreciate the effort you have put into this. The reason I purchased my Commander package was simply to give you money. I'm getting it back and then some in Meteor Credit form and thus am happy. Don't let these whiny people get you down, because I imagine 95% of the other people that purchased a package do not care about these dilemmas and because they're satisfied, aren't saying anything.

Keep up the good work!

Came here to say the same thing. I find it funny that the only thing some people care about is boosts and camo, rather than simply supporting an awesome game by some extraordinary developers. Even if the Commander package was a 100% donation and didn't come with any stuff, I would still gladly throw my money their way.

#42 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:47 AM

I think this thread is a good example of how the customization in this game cannot please everyone. Without being able to build a mech from scratch and use all the individual items purchased, everyone is locked into having those customizations only on a certain mech.

To me this is the equivalent of obtaining a limited edition skin on a character in another game, I may not play that character much, but it is awesome to me that I have it. Hopefully there will be an option to salvage mechs and parts later, or move from one class C to another and etc! The boost... yeah, needs to be unlockable at the time when the player decides to use it, not just at launch when some may not be able to make it. :|
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#43 Hunter_Killer

Hunter_Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne Systems

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:15 AM

Would someone please answere my question _
Posted Image
-INFILTRATION-UNIT-ONE-

#44 Theref

Theref

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostHunter_Killer, on December 05 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

My question is if i buy Vanguard Initiative pack ( no matter which )
will i still HAVE this stuff in the FINAL game _ Or is it just for the Beta _

Usually, all you have on open beta will carry over the final game. However I don't know for sure in Hawken.

#45 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostCulex, on December 05 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

In the future, we plan to make the camo account-bound, rather than mech-bound. What this means is you'll be able to put these camos on a different mech in your garage!

Do you mean that you intend to make the camo we're purchasing in this package (which you're saying will be bound to the Cupcake mech) be able to be used on all the other mechs we own sometime in the future_ Or are you saying this camo we're getting is bound to cupcake, but there will be future forms of camo (which would need a purchase) that will be available on all mech types_

Or, will the future forms of camo be a one-time purchase for the mech, kind of like the paint job (not able to be carried over to each mech, but can be purchased again)_

In the future, we are planning to make these camos account-bound. That means you'll retroactively be able to use them on any mech. Of course, as we grow and add these things on I can posit that we'll do both. Some camos will be account-bound, but some could go on particular items and mechs. We're staying vague on that just because we want the room to try different things.

Ya, dig_
xxoo

#46 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:36 AM

OMG! The TURRET MODE IS BROKEN!
With all due respect...What are you thinking_!_ :angry:

Why offer the CUPCAKE class with such a terrible ability nobody but noobies use_ :blink:
If you don't believe me, check out what your players think:

http://community.pla...91-turret-mode/
http://community.pla...-official-poll/

I certainly hope the CUPCAKE class is fixed by 12/12/12.

Don't get me wrong I know you all mean well, but the turret mode is suicide.
Watch how many people play that class. Look at the survivability. I guarantee the people that do not transform live dramatically longer.
I do love playing the Turret class. But transforming is too punishing. It is a death sentence!
For the love of all thats Hawken please fix this class!

One improvement would be the PY-R0 H0G Repair Drone repairing yound "Attacking" anyone shooting at you {like a deployable rocket/machine gun turret} so you are not completely vulnerable while attacking. :D
Another would be to make the turrets able to withstand a few attacks. Actually boost the defence capability while deployed! :angry:

#47 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'm going to attempt to answer everyone's comments and questions in one post rather than many. These aren't quotes, I'm just paraphrasing:
  • I hate that I cannot activate the boost when I want!
We understand. As our brilliant devs said earlier in the thread- it was never our intent to deceive you. More importantly, we will make it up to you. We are actively trying to work out the best way to do that. We're just one week away from open beta (/me begins to hyper-ventilate). There are always a great many things to do to be ready for sharing your game with the world. We're determined to make everyone happy, we want to do it in a way that's painless for you. As soon as we know specifically what we'll do you'll be the first to know.
  • Will the things I buy and do during Open Beta carry through until Launch Day 2013_
AB-SO-LUTELY. It's your stuff. It won't go away.
  • Taxes in some regions feel very unfair!
No one likes taxes, except maybe tax men, but I bet sometimes even they hate them. Our own MerryAgony addressed this in the thread devoted to discussing this. I'll quote it here, though to save time.

View PostMerryAgony, on November 28 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

The Vanguard purchases are taxed because they contain virtual items and currency that have a monetary value.  VAT is assessed and collected on the value of goods. Our billing provider is legally required to charge VAT for these purchases. The actual rates applied vary between countries.

If there are questions I missed or you have additional questions, please let me know. I'll also update the original post to reflect these.

Thank you to everyone for your understanding!
xxoo

#48 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:53 AM

Actually, wait, the Pyro Hog repair drone will be available on all mechs, right_ Not just the cupcake_

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#49 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 05 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostSirCannonFodder, on December 05 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Actually, wait, the Pyro Hog repair drone will be available on all mechs, right_ Not just the cupcake_

I knew I missed one!

Currently, the PY-R0 H0G and PY-R0 BURN repair drone and thrusters are bound to the Cupcake. Whether this will change in the future has not yet been determined. I don't want to promise things that we won't be 100% able to deliver within a reasonable time frame.
xxoo

#50 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:05 AM

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 05 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

View PostCulex, on December 05 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 04 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

In the future, we plan to make the camo account-bound, rather than mech-bound. What this means is you'll be able to put these camos on a different mech in your garage!

Do you mean that you intend to make the camo we're purchasing in this package (which you're saying will be bound to the Cupcake mech) be able to be used on all the other mechs we own sometime in the future_ Or are you saying this camo we're getting is bound to cupcake, but there will be future forms of camo (which would need a purchase) that will be available on all mech types_

Or, will the future forms of camo be a one-time purchase for the mech, kind of like the paint job (not able to be carried over to each mech, but can be purchased again)_

In the future, we are planning to make these camos account-bound. That means you'll retroactively be able to use them on any mech. Of course, as we grow and add these things on I can posit that we'll do both. Some camos will be account-bound, but some could go on particular items and mechs. We're staying vague on that just because we want the room to try different things.

Ya, dig_

Thanks for the reply. In order for camo to be effective however, please allow players to be able to swap camo on the fly in the staging area or at least the MAP LOBBY before the match starts (for when they do become account bound). This way they'll actually be somewhat of a benefit rather than a detriment (don"t want to wear bright yellow on Titan/Origin) as my SS for example but may want to on Sahara/Bazaar).

I'd also suggest as well being able to swap your item loadout in the staging area so that you can adapt to the situation better as some have suggested in previous threads.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#51 Hunter_Killer

Hunter_Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:09 AM

somehow i cant buy the pack,after i enterd my paypal account and push enter the screen goes blank.

Edited by Hunter_Killer, December 05 2012 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image
-INFILTRATION-UNIT-ONE-

#52 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted December 05 2012 - 11:27 AM

@ Hunter_Killer - would you please open a support ticket so we can sort out your issue with the paypal page_ To do so, click "support" at the top of any page on the website.

Thanks!

#53 Hunter_Killer

Hunter_Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostMerryAgony, on December 05 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

@ Hunter_Killer - would you please open a support ticket so we can sort out your issue with the paypal page_ To do so, click "support" at the top of any page on the website.

Thanks!

Ok it worked after the 2nd attempt but i got another question. I now own 4350 Mpoints. If i spend these are they gone for good after the closed beta or do i keep ALL my stuff i bought until now after the open beta and beyond
Posted Image
-INFILTRATION-UNIT-ONE-

#54 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostHunter_Killer, on December 05 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

View PostMerryAgony, on December 05 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Thanks!

Ok it worked after the 2nd attempt but i got another question. I now own 4350 Mpoints. If i spend these are they gone for good after the closed beta or do i keep ALL my stuff i bought until now after the open beta and beyond
Everything you bought/earned in closed beta will be wiped. Mechs, internals, meteor credits, everything. Not even your friends list is safe (potentially). Everything you buy/earn in Open Beta you will keep forever.

Edited by SirCannonFodder, December 05 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#55 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:39 PM

I would buy the 15$ one. Not for the mech or other goodies but just to thank you for a great game but i cant find my country on a payment options so i guess ill rather invest those in to a new pc :)

#56 Lorenzitto

Lorenzitto

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:39 PM

Already bought commander package, but would be glad if the mech were all different for each package, live bronze silver and gold mechs or different colours for guns

#57 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:37 PM

I hate to say this...but all the pre order bonuses tied to the vanguard initiative seem to be an underhanded way for Meteor to get us to play more C-class. Perhaps this is just the cynical business analyst in me talking, but think about it for a minute: all exclusive bonuses except the xp boost (which is a limited time only offer) and the decals (which we're not getting just yet) are tied to the cupcake C-class mech.

Thinking about it from a marketing perspective, it seems like they really want to encourage player interest in the slowest and most unpopular of the three class types. I suppose that's one way to do it, but it does leave a bitter taste in my mouth as a light/medium pilot.

Edited by Conquistador, December 05 2012 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

#58 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hugs - Thanks for addressing the "boost at launch" issue! I love how quick you guys are to respond to community concerns.
Posted Image

#59 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:53 PM

*UPDATE 12/5* We will be sending out two codes for each bonus XP and HAWKEN credit you get with your purchase. These codes will be redeemable at your leisure. We will be sending the codes to the email you supplied us when you made your purchase.

No bonus will activate automatically at the start of Open Beta.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, December 05 2012 - 01:54 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#60 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostConquistador, on December 05 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

I hate to say this...but all the pre order bonuses tied to the vanguard initiative seem to be an underhanded way for Meteor to get us to play more C-class. Perhaps this is just the cynical business analyst in me talking, but think about it for a minute: all exclusive bonuses except the xp boost (which is a limited time only offer) and the decals (which we're not getting just yet) are tied to the cupcake C-class mech.

Thinking about it from a marketing perspective, it seems like they really want to encourage player interest in the slowest and most unpopular of the three class types. I suppose that's one way to do it, but it does leave a bitter taste in my mouth as a light/medium pilot.
I made the same exact statement in a thread I started. If they really want to make everyone happy, as was mentioned above...seems like the prototype Mech would be available to all three of the Mech Classes. Personally I would not have purchased the Commanders Pack if I had known these recent details. Please for future purchases make exactly what we are buying detailed in full before it goes up for sale.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Exclusive, Game, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users