HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

things that frustrate me

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sakenagi

sakenagi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:09 AM

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by sakenagi, March 26 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#2 Amalilakab

Amalilakab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:48 AM

1. It seems in my experience Team Death Match tends to have full games more than other servers. I run into small or imbalanced games in Siege all the time. Going open beta should help it out, I hope.
  • I do not feel the maps are too huge. I feel they are large, but fairly sized. I feel they need more maps though, Some smaller and even more intimate maps and then some even larger. Different game modes would be cool too, although right now I like the modes we have.
2. The only real difference level has is experience. The bonuses you get from level and optimizations is so minor it can hardly be considered. You are being beat by more likely experienced players, which their level indicates some skill or at least many hours playing the game. Point is, get better.

3. It would seem that you like a lot of mechs on the map and a lot of action right away; This isn't how I feel personally. I like tactical games, coordination, and team play. Death Match is just about how well you can do and that definitely doesn't suit my play style. It would be interesting to try out and I don't see why it can't be added, but for me I don't think I'd play it.

Edited by Amalilakab, December 05 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:50 AM

1. Matchmaker is a bit wonky at the moment, and the population is pretty small too. Hopefully this will be fixed by open beta.
2. Skill > Levels. Optimizations for the most part, even if fully specced into a tree, give around a 5% bonus. That really only makes a difference when the opponents of are of near equal skill, and only then, if that level of skill is extremely high.
3. Uuuuhh... 32 player insanity matches were removed in CBE3.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:15 AM

1) This is a closed BETA still, they removed the server browser to TEST the matchmaker and refine it. Cannot expect things to work instantly or even in a few months as it takes time to tune and refine.
2) Skill > Levels... Levels mean so very little in this game.
3) IMO 32 player matches were too laggy for the most part... Sure, some people have the bandwidth for it, but the server hiccuped a lot imo.
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#5 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on December 05 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

1. Matchmaker is a bit wonky at the moment, and the population is pretty small too. Hopefully this will be fixed by open beta.
2. Skill > Levels. Optimizations for the most part, even if fully specced into a tree, give around a 5% bonus. That really only makes a difference when the opponents of are of near equal skill, and only then, if that level of skill is extremely high.
3. Uuuuhh... 32 player insanity matches were removed in CBE3.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#6 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 09:26 AM

1.   im sick of joining   4 mech death matches.    map so huge, take so long to find them.
2.   frustrated with my level 7 mech going against a level 20. or maybe i just really suck and die more often than i should
3.  16 vs 16 team death match games. separate that between the smaller 3v3  death match games.

The personal tastes for my enjoyment are smaller teams. Ideally 4v4 is what I like, but 2v2 can be quite fun. Once the players become large(6v6 or more) the amount of teamwork begins to diminish and the tactics become 2 large mech groups fighting each other in one or two locations. Once the large mech groups happen the amount of individual influence can become nonexistent and to me it starts feeling like mech warrior. The other issue with large games is reduced performance(lag and framerate). I played one maybe two games of 16v16, but immediately quit all others because to me map movement was almost nonexistent and the dominate strategy was to form large mech groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users