HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Not Really a Bug Report just Beta notes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 R2_LAN2

R2_LAN2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 04:06 AM

Few points i thought i put forward:

LAN feature or Dedicated local server feature (like steamcmd)
Server lisiting would be good.

Apart from that and the fact there arent many games i can find to play havent got much to add. Yet really enjoyed the game and looking forward to playing it some more.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:27 PM

This is not a bug report, and so it belongs in the Suggestions forum, or maybe CBE3 Discussions.

However, I can respond to both of your suggestions right now, because a simple search would show you that they've already been dealt with (repeatedly).

* LAN/dedicated servers

I don't know about LAN support specifically, but I do know that offline mode is intended to come back at some point during Open Beta. This is from the lead engineer on the game, TJ. Dedicated LAN servers are, again, a big _ to me, since I don't know what the plans are for LAN support. Online dedicated servers, however, are also planned -- like TF2, community-hosted server software is planned to be released at some point in the future.

No, I don't know when that'll be, but at LEAST not until Open Beta is chugging along, I'd think.

* Server listings

This was disabled in CBE3 on purpose. It will return in the future, but the current beta test session was designed, in part, to help test the matchmaking system (and, boy, did it need some work), and letting people use the server browser instead completely invalidates that testing because people would just avoid using it. This is described in the CBE3 patch notes thread as well as covered in a number of other threads. Please use the search function.

Edited by Elix, December 05 2012 - 02:28 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users