HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

On voting on the performance and/or your satisfaction with your team mates after a match.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: On voting on the performance and/or your satisfaction with your team mates after a match. (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the idea_

1. Yes. (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. No. (17 votes [73.91%])

Percentage of vote: 73.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:04 PM

This suggestion is pretty simple.. lemme explain:

After playing a Team based match, pilots might evaluate the performance of the team or his/her satisfaction with the team's interaction during that match.
This could be translated in 3 radio button controls somewhere in the tabbed window displayed after the match.

Radio button 1: Satisfied.
RB 2: Neutral (selected by default).
RB 3: Unsatisfied.

This way the statistics of the player would reflect his degree of satisfaction on his/her team mates during the tem based gameplay's experience in Hawken.

What do you think on this_ ( poll included)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:21 PM

This will just lead to more QQ sadly. The winning team will typically say they are happy and the losing team will typically say they are unhappy. No one wants to blame themselves for a lose and rather always blame the rest of the team. This would just be adding salt to an open wound to the losing team.

voted no =\

#3 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:35 PM

This will be abused badly. Egos will be hurt and this just allows for more rage and could cost actual good players who aren't good at communicating just because someone wants to be a egotistical fuzzy bunny and rage. Not to mention most of the communication is done via in-game VOIP not like LoL where its purely in-game chat based (other than out of game communication) and you have an easier evaluation of your teammates and the mods can go back and look at matches. Sure something like a report afk could work but its already built in for inactivity = kick

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:48 PM

Losing a match wouldn't necessarily mean that you were not satisfied with the performance and/or the interaction with your team mates during the match. The main goal of my suggestion is to maintain a record the level of satisfaction you have had and having in your team based games. This info would be oriented to your own profile only, without any other negative interaction between other pilots in the game's progression.

For example: You have played 777 team based games - You were cool with 700 of those games.

Essentially that was the idea I got in mind. What worries me the most is pilots systematically ignoring team tactical markers/messages. Not to complain on whether the other team was better than yours.

Edited by The_Silencer, December 06 2012 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 06 2012 - 02:10 PM

This can be done better through a survey they ask people to fill out. Because now I am assuming you are meaning the vote results are not shown to the team at the time of the vote. But is more internal for the dev team.

This being a team game, you will have more satisfaction if you find yourself a team/clan than to keep just pubbing it. Nothing wrong with finding a clan to help improve your experience with any game.

Plus I don't want to fill out a survey after each round... I alone would have done 166 surveys by now just for CBE3. Also toss on the fact that the dev team cannot force a team to play well together. So this stat on your satisfaction of team play is not something they can do anything with sadly.

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 06 2012 - 02:52 PM

As yo uwell said above, this new stat could fill both gaps. Allowing you to check your satisfaction progress as you play in Team based games as well as to allow devs to known on how cool are players with these game modes. Remember that the neutral radio button (od drop down list's option" would selected by default and would count as well. You could just ignore these radio buttons, which would mean that you were cool with that match.

Obviously, we've yet to see a lot of improvements in matchmaking, team/clan and/or how you can arrange games with your friends in Hawken.

I do not see anything negative with this suggestion. Just more data for your stats as well as more interactivity on sharing your experience with the game.

Another idea would be to give certain recognition to one player in your team as reward to his/her performance/fair play/cool factor/et cetera. Well because he performed great as team leader, took care of his/her team mates, guarded pilots during repairs or anything else with which you might feel compeled on giving him/her recognition. This way, although this is just a prototype concept, you could have an idea on how cool one pilot has been as team mate. I'm not saying to label players as bad team mates with this ( which also could be a possibility to those pilots going in the wrong way..) but apporting a way to reward cool pilots with certain recognition by the community and acoording to their behaviour in team based games.

Once more, just an idea. :)

Posted Image

#7 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 06 2012 - 03:31 PM

It would have to be managed carefully to avoid abuse.

Ultima Online had a reputation system, and it eventually degenerated to gangs (including alts) of players who would basically sit next to the newbie area. Anytime an infrequent newbie popped out, they basically said, give us everything on your character or we'll all give you bad rep and nobody will ever cooperate with you.

Obviously, that won't be possible, directly, in Hawken, but you start running into smaller-scale versions once community-run servers start going up. I could see a trolling clan hosting a server, and anyone that joins just instantly gets reputation-bombed by any and all clan members on the server.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#8 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 06 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm not trying to be mean in any fashion. So takes this as it is... I know how much I am enjoying the game. I don't need a stat to take care of that =p

The survey you seem to be talking about now is one on general over all like of the game/game mode. Those stats can be seen in ways behind the scene via forums, # players playing said game type (they probably have this stat already), surveys, and various other ways already at their disposal.

On the topic of giving props to teammates:
There is also four functions built in already that serve that purpose. The MVP title, The Top 3 tab, The stats tab, and the lobby chat room. Since I believe our stats are not going to be visable to others, any stat tracking props given to us by other people (which can and would be abused by stat padders) would never been seen to others. Thus, it would not give them recognition within the community.

Now that I understand your poll, I totally agree there is nothing negative about it.

I just don't see a real point since there is so much already there for us to use =

/edit: there, they're, their... ugh..

Edited by Akrium, December 06 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#9 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 06 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostAkrium, on December 06 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

... Since I believe our stats are not going to be visable to others ...

I'm positively having second thoughts on that matter. Would not be so bad idea to be able of checking other pilot stats, as is in the forums now with profiles. Unless certain pilots prefer to keep their stats somehow private..

Posted Image

#10 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted December 06 2012 - 09:45 PM

Pretty sure all our stats are going to be accessible via the Hawken website, no_

#11 Zalg0

Zalg0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:32 PM

All this will lead to is people majority of players giving bad ratings because they died to many times or didn't make MVP status.

Edit: just to add, this would be a pretty good idea if it were possible in this day and age..but sadly its not the number of butthurt players feelings outnumbers the people who would give good criticism in general, so yeah.

Edited by Zalg0, December 06 2012 - 10:34 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users