HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

JohnnyC checking in

Introduction Website Art

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyC

JohnnyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFenton, MI

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:56 PM

I've been coming across more stuff about Hawken recently and saw the open beta was coming up soon. I thought, "Yeah... I would totally dig on a new mech game, and this one looks awesome from what I've seen so far." Nvidia posted a link saying the open beta was here, so I came to get in on it. Seems there is a bit of a hold up, but from the sounds of it, they're working hard to see it happen. So... I will be patient. :D

I'm 36, I am an artist who is mostly focused on 3D work, but I make other styles of art as well. You can see some of it on my website. I know the website is spartan (to say the least), but it works for now... I'll make a nicer site when I get around to wanting to code (not very often).

I've got 3 kids, an incredible wife (no she's not reading this over my shoulder), and a really good dog (Husky/Golden Lab mutt). I've been gaming just about my entire life (starting on a Pong machine). I will likely be playing video games on my deathbed. I'd love to make games again (worked on some in the past), but life steered me a different direction for a while and the right opportunity to get into it again hasn't come up for me yet.

When I find a game I really like, I tend to join a clan/group/guild/etc. From what I've gathered thus far reading in the forums, it looks like they're called clans around here, but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that. Generally I look for a group that games around the same times I generally do (evening to late night EST) that has easy going adults. No offense to the kids, but I just prefer to game with adults generally. So if you know of a clan like that, please let me know, from the looks of it, I'll be looking to join one soon.

Nice to meet you folks. I'm looking forward to fighting along side some of you and reducing the rest of you to smoking heaps. ;)

Edited by JohnnyC, December 12 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#2 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hey Mr Cathcart!    o/

Welcome to the Forums dude.

Thats some crazy artwork you got there :P The flying motorbike one is awesome though.

Enjoy your stay here and just hand tight. The client for OB should be released soon.

Posted Image

#3 JohnnyC

JohnnyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFenton, MI

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome Grew and for the compliments :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction, Website, Art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users