HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Peril or success on the industry. PC and Console gamers.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 08:09 PM

This topic is dedicated to the fastidious controversy that I started. With the attitude of few, I see how my stance is perceived. I'm not liked by many, and there's no intention to be sympathetic to everyone in here.

We all have our differences and approaches to the industry. However I do care for the game like the rest of you. I was a real bitch to gamers and a douche bag to many. However I made a mistake charging my loaded words to the players.

This one goes directly to the developers and publisher. You ChrisLalli and the rest of the crew. I'm going to be generous since you were generous accepting my tantrums, traits and disquisitions.

The PC community and the console community are two different community with different standards. They are not superior or inferior. They are just different. However what bothers me profoundly is the trait of each. Your approach treats PC gamers and console gamers the same. Sorry but they are not. Devs confuses their mindset, expectations and perception throwing down one stereotype forgetting the traits of each demography.

Speaking technically, we PC gamers expect more from our PCs because we know they are capable of much more. However when the design parameters are toned down due to the consoles we get an unfair treatment. But take a look at GTA IV and all the mods the game got. PC gamers were able to sink their teeth on the things they like while console gamers attained a great game. Is this possible with Hawken_ Of course.

Hawken should show all the splendor and the ambition on the PC. Then adapt the game to the console market. It's imporant to sell and to satisfy. When developers simply sell they forget the satisfaction to those demanding customers. We expect a different treatment from the console gamers instead the same. Why_ Because we know how capable are our machines and the sacrifice we invest in them. For me the play fair of a good game for PC and console is achievable. But when developers try to do the same game for all the platforms we are going to ask why.

Some party will be jealous of the capacity of PCs however console gamers need to understand that their console is cheap for a reason. They pay for their entertainment as we pay for ours. It's very painful to see great games being axed because developers want to throw the same bone for everyone.

Why not bring a margin of difference. Throw the standard and let PC gamers enjoy the game depending on the hardware with scale graphics option. Both games can coexist without problem. However the devs ignorance of treating both demographic publics the same concerns me.

Sorry but they are not. No one is better than the other but each group has traditions, expectations and preferences. You can't homogenize their tastes and their hopes.

#2 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 21 2011 - 06:06 AM

I'll continue the monologue since no one is motivated to participate.

The basics:

Unreal engine features for the next generation.

Crytek engine 3

#3 Delta_Centauri

Delta_Centauri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted July 21 2011 - 02:22 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

I'll continue the monologue since no one is motivated to participate.

The basics:

Unreal engine features for the next generation.

Finally showing Unreal Tech demo's, my biggest problem was that you kept linking Cry-engine videos in an argument to tell me why the Unreal Engine can't port a game equally when the game was designed to try and hit all platforms.

Would I love to see exclusive PC features, yes.
Do I expect this game to have already been designed to work on low-end PCs and consoles, yes.

Another thing developers do, mainly big Companies, is release a slightly better PC version (Settings wise, Nvidia/AMD/Gimmick-Dx features.) It's cheaper for big companies to target consoles first and have a second team port towards the PC. Lately some games have been given terrible treatment but looked over and supported after release (Such as Bad Company 2 and Crysis 2.) I wouldn't mind that, but it gets annoying when 8 months later they release a patch with, "Update 1.6: New mappable controls In-Game! Vsync can now be Enabled/Disabled In-Game!"

#4 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted July 21 2011 - 04:13 PM

We don't even know if the game is coming out on console. Or PC. Hahaha

#5 Maligkno

Maligkno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted July 21 2011 - 05:15 PM

Provi said:

We don't even know if the game is coming out on console. Or PC. Hahaha

its being made entirely on pc as of now and tanking the console controls in consideration so its defenetly gona be released on pc first and probably the beta test as well.

Posted Image

#6 wyver1

wyver1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted July 22 2011 - 02:10 AM

the game is vaporware....

#7 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 22 2011 - 03:36 AM

wyver said:

the game is vaporware....

Yes it's getting pretty slow.

We need to see new videos about the game. The progress is quite slow.

#8 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted July 22 2011 - 08:45 AM

Maligkno said:

its being made entirely on pc as of now and tanking the console controls in consideration so its defenetly gona be released on pc first and probably the beta test as well.
You know I'm a PC too, but we still can't be sure. All games are made on a computer and then published for their intended platforms, often not including PC or vice versa.

MechMechanics1 said:

Yes it's getting pretty slow.

We need to see new videos about the game. The progress is quite slow.
Well Adhesive announced a while back that the game is due for release next year. That explains why the media describes this buzz as early buzz because most games don't get that much attention for a demo.

#9 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted July 22 2011 - 08:59 PM

Calling the game vaporware...lol
Show some patience!  You don't show all your cards in a Poker game right__  Same here!  The devs need to keep some stuff up their sleave so we can see new stuff closer to release and also when we get to play the game for the first time!  Otherwise there's nothing new to look forward to seeing...

Anyways...regarding the OP!

Mech and I don't see eye to eye on a lotta things but I like to give credit when credit's due and I think your OP is pretty good here M8!  :D

You've posted your thoughts in a good way to get your point across without attacking anyone and you've done a good job to explain the difference between us PC players and the console slaves with quite valid points that I totally agree with.  ;)

I'd like for the PC to get all the bells & wistles then strip the game down to console playable levels, so consoles can still play a very nicely polished game!  Plus us PC players can iron out all the bugs/balance prior to console release!
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users