HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Warning Texts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: U Like_ (83 member(s) have cast votes)

U Like_

1. Sounds great! (39 votes [48.75%])

Percentage of vote: 48.75%

2. If they are subtle (34 votes [42.50%])

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

3. Not at all (7 votes [8.75%])

Percentage of vote: 8.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SierraKhaar

SierraKhaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 12:23 PM

It seems to me this is a great game for mech fans, not to much sim but enough to get the right feeling.
Its clearly by the looks of the trailer.

And something that I always love in mech movies etc. is the warning texts.

Everything from a square around every enemy missile, big amount of red text scrolling down on the side of the HUD to warning lights on the "dashboard".
Even female robotic voices "Warning, leak in XXXXXXX. Warning, warning."

They dont have to be really up in the face but it will make the experience feel alot more alive.

I think these warning texts would be awesome to see in this game, and if you find them just Too much you should be able to turn them off in the Options.

U like_  :ugeek:
" We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. "

#2 mancandy

mancandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 08:11 AM

Having damage being displayed like that would be cool and just add another aesthetic element to the game. I'd be all for it, especially if you could customize your HUD to some degree to not only turn them off but have different styles of doing it.

#3 Gokki

Gokki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 06:10 PM

i dont pay attention to any text, a lady robot voice saying simply "right gun damaged" is way better

#4 R3N3GAD3

R3N3GAD3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFORT CAMPBELL

Posted October 04 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostGokki, on September 27 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

i dont pay attention to any text, a lady robot voice saying simply "right gun damaged" is way better

a fuzzy bunny lady robot voice
Those Who Are About to Die Salute You
Posted Image
✝May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.✝

#5 Azdeath

Azdeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationevery where

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:16 AM

the sound would be better most people just ignore the blinking lights id like to see a 'warning" voice in game one u can change male/female/ or even a male/female robot voice think the 2 be more to the game
azdeath is my name and its from d&d (i get az death alot its pronounced az,deth not death

#6 tycho

tycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 11:12 AM

I agree that the more you can immerse yourself in a game, and the more you feel like you are actually in the fight the better. The mech actually acting like any real machine, especially a machine that is meant to take damage is a good idea. That said, your attention needs to be outside on whats going on. Combat is very fast paced and time spend looking down at readings is precious. The most important thing a pilot needs to know is how close the mech is to blowing up, since we dont lose functionality [yet_] in Hawken due to damage. There is the beeping noise that gets faster the lower your hit points are, but it's sometimes hard to hear over a vulcan cannon and missiles detonating around you. I would say add something thats a bit more audible and intuitive that the pilot can hear as the mech takes damage. Any text added should not be too distracting, but could be welcome for effect.

#7 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted July 10 2014 - 11:36 AM

Info overload is gr8 spesuly in big battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users