HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine_

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted September 03 2011 - 08:07 PM

Is anybody at all excited about this game_ I have to be honest it wasn't on my radar at all until the demo released and after playing the demo I can seriously say this will be able to compete with Gears of War on the Xbox in the coming months. It is that smooth of a third person shooter experience and with absolutely none of the animation cycling done in GoW.

#2 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted September 05 2011 - 09:30 AM

Then I shall slay the hordes of Orks who come to destroy alone...

#3 tRens

tRens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted September 07 2011 - 04:29 AM

I played it all day yesterday, but now I am back at work... and I must now wait till 3pm!

It isn't a 10/10 game, no game is, but there are a few things I would take points away.

Like the textured boxes/cones/wall pipes that are textured so that you know they will explode. Rips me right out of the immersion when I see them.

Their time to crate is pretty good, but there are still crates. The netcode seems a bit shody, people warp about, but I'm sure that will be fixed.

Overall for a console game made for the PC, I am quite happy, but I am extremely bias when it comes to Warhammer 40k. I love this stuff.

#4 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 08 2011 - 08:03 PM

Getting it very soon.
(/^▽^)/

#5 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted September 15 2011 - 05:03 AM

Its a good romp. Felt a little short, but then I've been spoiled by Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Dead Island. That said, its like comparing apples to oranges- Spacemarine is a much more linear game than the other open area games. Not that its a bad thing, they are just different.

Anyway, yes its pretty fun.

Been playing a bit of the multiplayer too (got to around level 30 or so) And while it has its problems with it not having dedicated servers, and therefore the odd bad game full of unhittable, warping, one-hit-killers with them frigging Thunder Hammers/Daemon Mauls... And an "always on" voicechat system without the option to mute all, or make it PTT... I can truthfully say that I've enjoyed it.

The unlock system always temps me with getting that next item/perk, and the customization of your loadouts and the way your armour looks are really fun. Not to mention when I am in a good game and I get a little kill rampage on, I feel like a real badass!
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#6 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted September 20 2011 - 10:55 AM

I was rather never interested with anything WH40k related because I never liked how armours of space marines look and those BIG weapons, uhh simply in that universum so many things are just soo over the line, I prefer more realistic approach but well now after trying out demo, I must say it was surprisingly fun regardless.

I even started to read smth about WH40k background and all, it is quite interesting I must say, Horus Heresy, stories of particular chaos space marine legions like Thousand Sons or Alpha Legion. I will have to get that game one day, multiplayer marine customizer looks pretty cool, I'm a sucker for customization.

I hear they will soon release co-op dlc for free called Exterminatus for 4 players with two missions; Assault on Hab Center Andreas & Escape from Kalkys Facility. During Exterminatus you can gain exp and use your marine customized for normal multiplayer matches, hope they will add also some free maps for normal multi since barely 5 small ones won't keep ppl playing for long.

Btw. funny thing I noticed about SM is how that game gets cheaper and cheaper in such short time, at least pc version. Some time ago Steam forums got flooded with topics about certain stores selling region free steam activation keys for way lower price than official steam price. Like here (WH40k:SM - 25$):
http://cdkeyshere.co... ... d-key.html

#7 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted September 28 2011 - 04:59 AM

@Kell; Your name and avatar remind me of the WH40k Tau army, a LOT... Have you looked into them_

Back to SM, however, they have released a patch (for the PC at least) that has finally included a mute all button in lobbies, as well as Push To Talk settings.
I even believe it has set PTT as default, because I've heard no heavy breathing or doubling of background music since the patch.

There were a few other minor fixes, one to remove a "Butterfly glitch" which somehow allowed you to fly or something... but nothing else worth mentioning.
I'm sure you can google the patch notes if you are that interested.

As a side note I've just recently hit lvl 37 (max being 41) and can tell you one thing for certain: The Plasma Cannon is beastly- even in the hands of a newbie. So beastly is it, that it is extremely easy to destroy your foes, AND yourself.
I do feel a nerf patch could be on its way though, so get 'em while they're hot (hurr hurr, plasma, hot joke, herp derp...)

#8 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted September 28 2011 - 09:19 AM

Hehe, yes of course I did read about Tau but my avatar is actually related to Heavy Gear and name well it is not related to anything except me  :P .

#9 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 09:03 AM

ya i'm still playing.  PC of course.

#10 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 02 2011 - 03:11 PM

http://www.thq.com/u..._pack_announced

They will add exterminatus for chaos players(not for free) and more importantly additional mulitplayer maps(not for free). What a great way to split the community ehh.

#11 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 07:07 PM

Kell Aset said:

They will add exterminatus for chaos players(not for free) and more importantly additional mulitplayer maps(not for free). What a great way to split the community ehh.

Ya, they havent really thought it through that deep yet...  Hopefully they will.  At least they're supporting it enough to make DLCs though.

#12 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 04 2011 - 05:38 AM

Redvan said:

Kell Aset said:

Ya, they havent really thought it through that deep yet...  Hopefully they will.  At least they're supporting it enough to make DLCs though.

Remind you of anything_ *Cough* *CoD* *cough* *Halo* *cough*

It'd be alright if there were vast numbers of people playing, like the above games, but there isn't really.
I can't see it doing any favours for the community.

#13 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 04 2011 - 05:55 AM

I will finally get around to beating the campaign this weekend. I have had it since it came out and I am only halfway through the campaign and only level 6 in multiplayer.
(/^▽^)/

#14 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 15 2011 - 11:52 AM

CTF DLC will be free.  The exterminatus add on will not be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users