HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launcher says "Process not elevated."

Game Beta Community Exclusive Forum Review Patch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 codypax

codypax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 08:36 AM

I have downloaded the installer, installed and then when I go to launch the launcher for the first time, it lets me log in then it starts patching, I think, then it closes and pops up a small box that says "Process not elevated." Can you help me figure out whats wrong_ Thanks! All help is appreciated!

#2 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:00 AM

Right-click and run as administrator.  This happens if the UAC settings have been messed with.  If you don't have the administrator option, then click start button and type "UAC" and you will get one result.  Click on it and move the level until you get the default option, then click apply.  If this fails then your administrator account has been messed with.

If you are running XP then you are either a standard user or your administrative account has been messed with.

IF the above failed, you can try uninstalling Hawken and reinstalling into a folder like C:/Hawken....do not use the default "program files" location.

That's all the ideas I can think of right now :/

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#3 StretchedSock1

StretchedSock1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 07:58 AM

i am having the exact same issue. I just got it today and it keeps saying process not elevated. I have run in administrator, i tried looking for UAC but I can't find it, and I uninstalled and reinstalled. It still dosn't work. HELP!!! :wacko:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Beta, Community, Exclusive, Forum, Review, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users