HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How can be cheaters reported_

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 coss

coss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 05:29 AM

Some user is cheating (mech is mooving very fast).

Edited by coss, December 17 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#2 UnionofJack

UnionofJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 17 2012 - 05:37 AM

This is technically a callout thread, which are against the rules.

That amount of deaths can be regularly achieved by a skilled player in a pub match, which I would assume is what is happening here.
Posted Image
--------> Alpha Squad <--------
| Flit<->'Zerker | Chuck<->Brawler | Lumber<->Cupcake |
Come watch! http://www.twitch.tv/unionofjack
Online most nights until around 2AM, PST. Currently: [Offline]

#3 coss

coss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 05:51 AM

Ok, thanks, I removed the user ID.

#4 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 05:53 AM

I think right now the only way is filing a support ticket or PM and mod and ask them.

https://playhawken.zendesk.com/home

#5 Brakskit

Brakskit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted December 17 2012 - 06:42 AM

Great, that means I wasn't alone in seeing really peculiar behaviour by certain players last night..

And we should stick people who give the appearance of afk-botting in Siege mode in support tickets as well. Poor game had no chance to even begin before these people came in.

#6 Zhiming

Zhiming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 05:47 PM

person A cheats.
peron B reports him
person B gets banned for calling someone out

Srsly im incapable of undersanding this, cheaters SHOULD be called out and investigated and if found wanting BANNED.  the person calling the cheater out should get all his stuff.  Net result, no cheaters, happy players.

#7 Stummer_Schrei

Stummer_Schrei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 18 2012 - 03:00 AM

what if he didn't cheat_

i didn't see anyone cheating since now.

#8 coss

coss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 03:07 AM

I sent a request to suport team, they will decide.

#9 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 08:12 AM

View Post[ADH]Deuy, on December 17 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Thanks for reporting this everyone, we know the account in question.  A few of the guys here played in a match against this player and confirmed it.  They still spanked him even with the hacks though.

This was posted by an Adhesive staff member yesterday in reply to another thread about a possible hacker.  The OP called out the hacker by name and nothing much was said about it, in fact the original post still lists the hacker by name.  I understand why they don't really want names mentioned but it seems that the staff are not making nearly as much fuss about naming people as the community is.  Too many self appointed moderators I guess...
There is no time like time wasted...

#10 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 10:19 AM

they arnt hackers there script kiddies that pay 25$ for a cheat on some lame website THIS IS NOT HACKING STOP GLORIFYING A SCRIPT KIDDIE PUNK. Real hackers could not be bothered with the lowest form and the easyest lame ways of game cheating. downloading a trainer and pressing the "hack" button is NOT hacking period.

I admin 5 arma 2 servers and there is a cheater every 5 mins in that game (thanks to fuzzy bunny aka dayz) We have admins that are REAL hackers and when you actually mess with a script kiddie aka game cheater they have no idea what to do or how to protect themselvs. If it cant be done in there amature trainer their usless. We once sent a script kiddies mom a letter in the mail with logs detailing their kids habbits on the internet and we also send a google image of their house along with the name and phone/email address of their ISP and warned that if nothing is done we would involve their ISP and they could possably get "black listed" from their local ISP. Now thats real hacking!!!! people who cheat in games are looked down upon by real hackers as bottom of the barrel or NOOB so to speak.

My point is if we dont take a harsh stand against script kiddies it will kill this game dead in no time flat. With me on the servers i manage we ahve PEOPLE watching not anti cheat progs THEY ARE USLESS PERIOD. NOTHING can replace a GOOD admin certainly not some usless anti cheat prog. When a cheater is caught our responce is swift and harsh this has a positive effect on would be cheaters when they see others that try drop like flys NEVER to return. If we could host our own servers this would be a non issue considering we could kick ban police our own servers with our OWN admins this would cut that script kiddie junk by 80% overnight. To simply rely on meteor to police for us is not a good idea if we look at ALL other f2p shooters you will find that in 98% of them are flooded with cheaters and no admin in sight EVER!!

Then we look at privatly hosted servers and this sort of thing is alot less common due to the fact that players and admins alike report cheaters more frequently and cheaters are caught in huge numbers and banned. Players that know nothing will be done reporting to the game company so why report at all this is the problem and always will be the problem for companys that do not allow privatly hosted servers. Hawken team needs to make a choice and not ignor this issue or it WILL be the death of this game.

Edited by Darkbolt, December 18 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#11 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted December 18 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostSystemiK, on December 18 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

This was posted by an Adhesive staff member yesterday in reply to another thread about a possible hacker.  The OP called out the hacker by name and nothing much was said about it, in fact the original post still lists the hacker by name.  I understand why they don't really want names mentioned but it seems that the staff are not making nearly as much fuss about naming people as the community is.  Too many self appointed moderators I guess...

Just because something isn't being done, doesn't mean it's not against the rules. They are rules and we follow them accordingly.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#12 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted December 18 2012 - 12:14 PM

The best way to report suspected hackers is to submit a support ticket. Including callsign, date, time, and which map is helpful. Screenshots and video are bonuses.

To submit a support ticket, just click SUPPORT at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Merry

#13 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 01:22 PM

View Postmarshalade, on December 18 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Just because something isn't being done, doesn't mean it's not against the rules. They are rules and we follow them accordingly.

I was only suggesting that if Adhesive staff themselves are not making an issue of it, then they probably don't need to have self appointed forum police jumping on the case.  But seriously, no offense intended man, I've seen plenty of your posts and clearly you are interested in being helpful, just maybe taking it a lil to far (IMO).
There is no time like time wasted...

#14 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hi folks:

Im seeing all kinds of speed hax out there every evening----generally when I can play..work---kids----then Hawken..LOL

Its so unfortunate. I tried reporting one speed haxor but to no avail.
So.
Now Im going to record them on camera in 720p...set up the tripod and get indisputable proof.
Stick it on Youtube and let the S--t hit the fan.
Yes this forum can restrict me from naming the parties involved in cheating but not on Youtube......open season there folks.
If thats what it takes for steam to notice so be it.

#15 Jardine

Jardine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 03:43 PM

Same here im seeing ppl using hacks on a daily basis and some even arent listed as playing members even on this website.
Something definitely needs to be done or ill just have to stop playing this game as i have had to do with so many other fps on pc, even though id rather not have to do that.
Hacking or just cheating in general has gotten so bad on pc anymore that there really arent any hack free games on pc out there that ppl can enjoy casually.

#16 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 02:18 AM

i have only met one hacker so far whom was blatantly obvious...  you guys need to chill
i don't mean any of it

#17 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted July 27 2014 - 03:28 AM

just do dis step....

https://playhawken.z...orting-a-Player

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#18 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 27 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostJardine, on July 26 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Same here im seeing ppl using hacks on a daily basis and some even arent listed as playing members even on this website.

I don't know how you are "checking" how a player is a member or not, but if you are trying to look up their username using the forums, you are mistaken.  Its possible to sign up for a player account, and never log into the forums.  That means that you can have a valid account, but when you search for it on the forums, you won't get any information.  Everyone that plays in game has a valid account.  Not every player has ever logged into the forums.

There will always be cheaters in every game no matter which one you choose to play.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users