HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Natural-Selection 2

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 04:35 PM

Natural-Selection 2:

Like Sci-Fi FPS_ Like RTS_ Then this game is for you!

The game is currently in beta-stage. Check it out!

Official Website:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/

Beta Trailer as of 2/1/12:

This game is a sequel to the popular HL1 modification NS1.
Naraklok

#2 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 06:33 PM

Motherfucking finally.....

Someone have good tastes for video game online fps cooperative strategy game.

#3 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 09:31 PM

Well the first Natural Selection game (NS1) is one of my favorite games of all time. It was a modification for Half Life 1; running on the 'GoldSrc' engine. If you have HL1 you should check it out immediately.

The second (NS2) is currently in beta and needs lots of work to be on par with NS1 - besides visuals of course. This new game is a stand-alone product created from the ground up on a new engine called the 'Spark' engine. They have changed a lot of features and functions in-game from the original that I am disappointed with. It's not the same game in some aspects but it's still fun to play.
Naraklok

#4 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 05:28 AM

I have NS1. The problem is this nostalgia. Yes, the game concept seen for the first time strikes as a first impression hard to repeat. The second NS2 seems more easy to follow for new players on the series. This one was modified and seems like a good addition to the series.

However the game needs more fluidity and smooth graphics. I agree with the high quality of the game on the current stage but it needs better weapons with more imact and damage. The animations need a lot of work and the environment require a larger size to maneuver.

The game is amazing but needs work. I'm convinced of the high quality but you can increase it to a better quality with the concept. For me it is a 9/10 anyway.

#5 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 07:21 PM

Well it's still in beta. Lots to do still.

I anticipate v1.0 very much.
Naraklok

#6 Raghnall

Raghnall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 25 2012 - 01:39 PM

I preordered awhile back and been playing the different builds.

The game is coming together nicely. Recently they added the Ohnos: a HUGE gorilla like alien that builds up speed as it runs and destroys structures and marines.

Jetpacks were also added, and now marines have more verticality in attacks and can get out of reach of skulks.

As they are still adding content, they aren't that focused on performance though this is always in the back of their minds. Expect polish to applied once nearly all the content put in.

#7 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 25 2012 - 03:03 PM

Performance is not on the back of their minds. They work on it everyday.

I was apart of the internal play-testers group for awhile (work took over); and trust me they want the game to be optimized as much as anyone else. They still have a game to create though and they want all the features in before worrying about perfect playability. Right now the game is in a point where it's very playable. It's just very CPU heavy at the moment and most players won't see very high FPS.

As far as the Onos goes - it needs work.
Naraklok

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 26 2012 - 07:27 AM

Meanwhile, it looks to me as a fun game. Jaw-jaw! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#9 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 05:50 AM

Oh, awesome! I loved NS1 as a concept when I was a kid, but I had no means of getting enough people together for a decent game. This should be awesome with the advent of more popular online gaming.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 12:02 PM

There are a few NS1 servers still around.

NS2 has quite a few also up and running and it's getting better everyday.
Naraklok

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users