HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Why the Hellfire is Terrible

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#221 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:06 PM

Update, Hellfires are now capable of orbiting. This is probably why they go off into space. They are making a home planet.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#222 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on January 26 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Update, Hellfires are now capable of orbiting. This is probably why they go off into space. They are making a home planet.

Once this has been seen, it cannot be unseen. "shudder"
Posted Image

#223 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#224 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 27 2013 - 12:34 AM

Yo grenadier is SO FAT, it has it's own gravitational pull!

Hahaha, nice work
Posted Image
*sigh*

#225 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted January 27 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 27 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Yo grenadier is SO FAT, it has it's own gravitational pull!

Hahaha, nice work
I was gonna say this. Good work.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#226 Strazback

Strazback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 09:57 AM

Not seeing the stray second volley like most everyone else.  Not using the experimental reticle though.  But I had to laught at the orbit video and realized just how easy it is to dodge the hellfire.  For some of those attampts at orbit he walked sideways with no dash in a C class thats just silly.

Btw I'm using Lvl 3 hellfires on my 24 Bruiser so that may be why I'm not getting miss fired second volleys.

And just a side note to anyone thinking of getting a Bruiser DON'T the primaries are weak pitted against any close range mech and could really use something more suited to mid range combat like SA hawkin or even a slug rifle. The special ability of damage reduction is laughable and I rarely even bother using it.  And if your reading this thread you know the score on hellfires already.

Edited by Strazback, January 27 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#227 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted January 27 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostStrazback, on January 27 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Not seeing the stray second volley like most everyone else.  Not using the experimental reticle though.  But I had to laught at the orbit video and realized just how easy it is to dodge the hellfire.  For some of those attampts at orbit he walked sideways with no dash in a C class thats just silly.

Btw I'm using Lvl 3 hellfires on my 24 Bruiser so that may be why I'm not getting miss fired second volleys.

And just a side note to anyone thinking of getting a Bruiser DON'T the primaries are weak pitted against any close range mech and could really use something more suited to mid range combat like SA hawkin or even a slug rifle. The special ability of damage reduction is laughable and I rarely even bother using it.  And if your reading this thread you know the score on hellfires already.
You say all that but you also just said your Bruiser is LVL 24. I sensing a contraction here like Starbursts.

#228 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 07:28 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A day in the life of PlagueDoctor:[/font]
  • Spends time in Mumble complaining about Hellfires
  • Buys 2nd Bruiser
  • Spends more time complaining about Hellfires

A day in the life of Sir Tree of arbor/ Deidarall...

Grinds Rockteer to L25 after grinding bralwer buys bruiser BOTH LOOK COOL (Best looking mechs in the game in my view) Realizes I have wasted loads of creds....

Makes first post on forums whining about hailfires...

I have joined the whine army and I am proud of it...

May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#229 Viconaut

Viconaut

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 240 posts
    • LocationCalifornia

Posted January 27 2013 - 08:55 PM

i dont understand whats happening_ any time i get a nice shot off with the hellfire the thing i am aiming at is either dead or close enough to it for me to be happier than i was before i made the shot. if you are shooing up an incline, AIM UP_ even if you are on level ground its better to aim up and or away from obstacles, or even jump as you fire, gets your missles some room to play and helps make a cleaner shot.

heres some junk from tips and tricks thread if you are having problems with your missles hitting the floor before getting to your target..
    dont really know how to help, other than those few tips, keep practicing, maybe the weapon just isn't suited to your play style_
    • You do not need to hold the 'weapon ability' button (mouse button 3 by default) to enable the lock on, only to click it once then when your reticule passes over a target (enemy mech) it will 'lock-on' with a 'lock' sound and UI effect. Remember though, if you click the 'lock-on' button and do not see any enemies, it will time-out and you will need to activate it again.[EMEUTIER]
    • When Firing the rockets It is often best NOT to fire directly at the target but where you imagine they might be heading towards, and when firing from some distance over an open space try firing the rockets (after lock-on) at an upwards angle so they can travel over obstacles and act with a mortar style effect.[EMEUTIER]
    • You can "dumb fire" hellfire missiles. A lock on is not necessary, but this means that the missiles will not actively track targets [ArnieF4440]
    • Hellfires can lock onto turrets and other items. This can be really annoying if there's an enemy mech behind the item though, so you gotta be a bit careful with your aim [ArnieF4440]
    • If you get hit by a Hellfire salvo, you get knocked back by the impact of the explosion. This is amplified if you're hovering and it can throw off your aim [ArnieF4440]
    • I find that if you've got an open enough area, jumping and firing hellfires works best. It gives the missiles more distance to home onto targets [ArnieF4440]
    • Hellfire Missiles are capable of homing around corners and above walls, as long as you've got the lock, they can do this. I recommend aiming above or to the left or right of the target depending on the obstacle so the projectiles can spread, then start homing [ArnieF4440]
    • You can also spam the weapon utility for Hellfires. For me in particular, I added a thumb button as a keybinding so its a bit easier to use hellfires while shooting [ArnieF4440]
    • You cannot lock-on to a target inside or behind a shield [ArnieF4440]
    • You can fire Hellfire missiles a few fractions of a second earlier than when you see the reticule lock on. This will have no downside in terms of missile homing, you just have to get the timing down [ArnieF4440]
    • If you're coming up against someone close range, it is possible to boost through the center of the hellfires due to the spread and homing pattern of hellfires [ArnieF4440]
    • You can fire then lock onto a target and it'll still home onto whoever you're firing at. Cool for firing around corners [ArnieF4440]

#230 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,974 posts
    • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 27 2013 - 09:55 PM

Issues with the hellfire aren't solved with practice
    Just because you've been able to stomp on newbies doesn't mean the weapon is viable
    For the record, Timber_Wolf and PlagueDoctor have been Hellfire fanboys since Alpha
    Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
    Ballin' and Brawlin'
    Cloakin' and Smokin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users