HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Friends list seems totally broken

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 woo

woo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 09:12 AM

I cancelled a friend request, and ever since then a blank spot shows up in the middle of my friends list that I can't click on or remove.
Also, when I have friends that I know are online and playing, the list says that no one is online about half the time.
When they are showing up as online, when I click join game, it tells me the server is full even though my friends playing in it said there were slots open.

#2 Kronguard

Kronguard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLatvia.

Posted December 22 2012 - 10:03 AM

I don't think it's broken,but it could have a whole lot more features.

Friends: Game mode they are playing,current score of the game,time remaining if its DM or TDM,sort of like a tooltip that pops up when you hover your mouse cursor over someone in your friend's list,that would be cool.
Posted Image
   I dreamed a thousand new paths...I woke and walked my old one.

#3 woo

woo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostKronguard, on December 22 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

I don't think it's broken,but it could have a whole lot more features.

Friends: Game mode they are playing,current score of the game,time remaining if its DM or TDM,sort of like a tooltip that pops up when you hover your mouse cursor over someone in your friend's list,that would be cool.
if it doesn't accurately show who's online or reliably let you join them then it's clearly not working right__
i'm not sure if other people are having these problems, but if they aren't talking to their friends outside the game they wouldn't even know it was broken.

#4 techno_destructo

techno_destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 10:18 PM

I've noticed friends list is buggy as well. Played a match by joining off of my friend and when the round was complete we both appeared offline to one another. Relogging did not fix the issue. You're not alone.
Delete Yourself.

#5 yangwho

yangwho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted December 22 2012 - 11:59 PM

Ran into problems where after trying to join a full game invite then joining a separate game completely the game crashed.
On multiple occasions

Edited by yangwho, December 22 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#6 Diskonekted

Diskonekted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted December 24 2012 - 11:41 PM

I too have had problems where the friends list shows your friends as offline, even if you're still in the game with them.

When I tried to send my friend a message, I noticed that the T field just had "TEXTFIELD" in it, kinda like what you see when you log into a server at the game summary just before the next map (only flashes up for a moment, then hte pictures of the leaderboard load and the names are present).

I also noticed that you can't put the message window to the left of the friends list, weird...
Posted Image

#7 PjotrStroganov

PjotrStroganov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 05:12 AM

1.After accepting several friends invites, none of them show up.
2.Not being able to see who is online.
3.Gaps in friendslist between names. It looks this could be caused by problem number 1.

#8 Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted December 28 2012 - 04:50 PM

I am also having the issue of certain friends never showing up online even though i know they are online because im talking to them on mumble. And when they are half the time i get a server is full error even though there are spots in the match they are in. If there is room for more people in a match than there is room on the server that shouldn't happen.

#9 Diskonekted

Diskonekted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted December 29 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostWNxDysturbed, on December 28 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

I am also having the issue of certain friends never showing up online even though i know they are online because im talking to them on mumble. And when they are half the time i get a server is full error even though there are spots in the match they are in. If there is room for more people in a match than there is room on the server that shouldn't happen.

I had this earlier today; I suspect that when you try to join the server a friend is playing in that it tries to join you to their team only, responding with the "Server is full" message if their team is full. After getting this a few times, I just joined a random TDM game and found that I was playing against my friends....
Posted Image

#10 Mayerling

Mayerling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 01:52 PM

I have been experiencing all of these issues since I started playing 3 weeks ago. This is highly frustrating and I think it should be #1 priority for the devs to fix. This is unacceptable.playing with your friends is a staple of any multiplayer game.

#11 BornToKiIL

BornToKiIL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 02:12 PM

I am totaly agree I want to play with my friends not frikin random players and it is impossible this game is broke at the base what is more important then a friend list

#12 Anka_P

Anka_P

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 05:56 AM

Friend list isnt working... AGAIN as I can see .

Edited by Anka_P, February 16 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#13 NonVictim

NonVictim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 04:20 PM

Me and another friend of mine are having trouble joining up with each other. Keeps telling us that the game is full when there's 2+ slots open in the game. What gives_ :/

#14 Faren_Hawke

Faren_Hawke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 03:44 AM

Just tried to join a friend and it said he is offline when I know he is online.
Yesterday it was working. Now it's not.

Edited by Faren_Hawke, February 19 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#15 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted February 19 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hi-
We are aware of the new issue with the Friends list and are working on it. We appreciate your patience.

thx,
Merry

#16 AznCracker

AznCracker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWarren, MI - USA

Posted July 05 2013 - 08:06 PM

welll it still not fixed. come on i thought this would be an easy fix

Edited by AznCracker, July 05 2013 - 08:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users