HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Online Store to Purchase In-Game Items w/ H-Credits

Community Game Update Website Project Forum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ebrithil1

ebrithil1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 12:24 PM

This is just a thought I had after I got the 5K Credits in the email this week. I wanted to check out your store and see what I could get with it, and what I wanted to save up for. However, I couldn't find an online H-Credit store to spend my credits in. lol

So, I would like to suggest an area on your website where players could go and purchase items (ie: Weapons, upgrades, boosts, etc.) to use in game without having to start up the game itself. Basically  a Item Store. Sometimes we just think of something at the spur of the moment and don't want to risk losing ourselves in a game at that time.

After all, if we can ADD credits from your website, why shouldn't be able to spend them there too_ ;)

Not only would this probably generate a little more income. You could add a Store drop down menu at the top of the page put the 'Redeem Code' and 'Add Credits' buttons on it.

It could just be a pop-up mini-browser with a slightly modified copy of the coding from the In Game Credit Store. This would allow for a smaller team of designers than having to build it from the ground up. See, we're not all inconsiderate. :P  

For an example of what I mean, I'd suggest looking at Perfect World Entertainment. They have an excellent Store on their website. I.. uhh.. play Star Trek Online quite a bit. :unsure:

I've included the link below. I was going to add some screenshots of my favorite parts of their store, but I'm not sure if it would violate the Terms of Service all players had to sign. So, I did the next best thing and listed them. I figure you can check them out if you want.

The link: http://sto.perfectworld.com/

MY favorite points:

1. Allows you to switch between characters
      - If an item is Character specific, you can buy for a specific character, or purchase an account wide item.
2. Has the prices of the items, with thumbnails.
     - allows you to know exactly how much your paying for what.
3. Has a detailed description with multiple screenshots.
     - Lets you see what it will look in game
     - lets you know more about the item, its development, its powers, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
4. Link to Purchase more credits directly from the store
     - opens a new tab to allow to purchase more credits, so you dont forget what you wanted.

Like I said, it's just a thought. :D

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 23 2012 - 12:26 PM

If they can find the time to make this, I don't see why not.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 24 2012 - 01:18 AM

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this down the line. And I'd always love account-level unlocks, even if I have to pay more (and indeed, I EXPECT I'd pay more) for the privilege.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Game, Update, Website, Project, Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users