HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

LoneSyndal here

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, United States

Posted December 24 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hello everyone,

Just a random PC Enthusiast roaming around from game to game, testing things against my current mobile desktop.

Recent Hawken patch seems to have fixed a lot of graphical issues I had when running Ultra+Physx Particles and now achieve 45-59FPS on all maps while recording.

Decided to join the forums now out of interest for what this game may become and hope it stays around for a long time.

-LoneSyndal

I salute to the fun times that could've been had here.
RIP:
Spoiler

#2 xICWMx

xICWMx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:12 PM

Well, hello there, friend.

Fancy seeing you here.

#3 LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:25 PM

Indeed. Hope to see you ingame more.
RIP:
Spoiler

#4 xICWMx

xICWMx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:52 PM

Some damn fine rounds we had this evening. Probably be on tomorrow. My mech don't get holiday leave.

#5 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:22 PM

That video is awfully blurry for 1080p. What software did you use to render, and what specifications_

#6 LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 01:04 AM

Fraps rendered. However, the h.264 encoding doesn't work well for Youtube which further decreases frames to 30 frames. I have the raw footage which is very smooth, but this is an issue with encoding in general for youtube. I can get videos on vimeo with no problems however...
RIP:
Spoiler

#7 UndoneBahamut

UndoneBahamut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostLoneSyndal, on December 25 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Fraps rendered. However, the h.264 encoding doesn't work well for Youtube which further decreases frames to 30 frames. I have the raw footage which is very smooth, but this is an issue with encoding in general for youtube. I can get videos on vimeo with no problems however...

How are you getting such high FPS_ I have the same system and I'm getting 20FPS on my games and only around 45 in the tutorial. I'm using the latest drivers but GPU utilization remains at around 60% throughout the game.

#8 LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 04:22 PM

If you're using the GTX 680M, its most likely throttling because of the following:

1) The laptop has to be plugged in to outlet
2) You need decent CPU power, so make sure your balanced power options is on.
3) Nvidia Control Panel: Hawken game must be set to use High-Performance Nvidia Processor
4) If the last 3 didn't work, you may have to unlock the vBIOS of the GTX 680M since its factory locked. Mines modded so it can utilize 980 MHz Core Clock, 2300 MHz Memory Clock.
RIP:
Spoiler

#9 nightsky

nightsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted December 26 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hello sir. I am utterly disgusted by my homebuilt desktop's CPU performance in comparison.

Regardless, welcome and I hope to see you out there at some point.

Assault - "Vae Victis" | Brawler - "Dominus" | Sharpshooter - "Memento Mori"

Bruiser - "Non Serviam" | Berserker - "Furia"

Posted Image

It's all good in the 'Hood.

#10 UndoneBahamut

UndoneBahamut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostLoneSyndal, on December 26 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

If you're using the GTX 680M, its most likely throttling because of the following:

3) Nvidia Control Panel: Hawken game must be set to use High-Performance Nvidia Processor
4) If the last 3 didn't work, you may have to unlock the vBIOS of the GTX 680M since its factory locked. Mines modded so it can utilize 980 MHz Core Clock, 2300 MHz Memory Clock.

Pretty sure I have all of the first three taken care of. I've set the 680m to be the default card via the control panel for all 3D apps.

I'm not really looking to overclock my card right now though. It runs anything and everything fine at max settings bar a few exceptions.Since Hawken is the only game giving me trouble, I might just wait for a few more driver revisions/game updates before I jump back in.

Thanks anyway!

#11 LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostUndoneBahamut, on December 27 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostLoneSyndal, on December 26 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Pretty sure I have all of the first three taken care of. I've set the 680m to be the default card via the control panel for all 3D apps.

I'm not really looking to overclock my card right now though. It runs anything and everything fine at max settings bar a few exceptions.Since Hawken is the only game giving me trouble, I might just wait for a few more driver revisions/game updates before I jump back in.

Thanks anyway!

Its not overclocking since I'm still at stock voltages. All the vBIOS does is remove the limiter that forces the GPU to throttle to use its maximum core speed of 980 MHz. Right now, its gimped and is stuck at 437-700 or so and is running underpowered.
RIP:
Spoiler

#12 UndoneBahamut

UndoneBahamut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostLoneSyndal, on December 27 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Its not overclocking since I'm still at stock voltages. All the vBIOS does is remove the limiter that forces the GPU to throttle to use its maximum core speed of 980 MHz. Right now, its gimped and is stuck at 437-700 or so and is running underpowered.

Oh, I had no idea. Is unlocking the vBios easy enough_ Never done anything like that before.I'm guessing that would increase my FPS in all games so might be worth it...

#13 LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostUndoneBahamut, on December 29 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

View PostLoneSyndal, on December 27 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Oh, I had no idea. Is unlocking the vBios easy enough_ Never done anything like that before.I'm guessing that would increase my FPS in all games so might be worth it...

I'm not allowed to share the files, but I would recommend to register for the www.techinferno.com forums. They have a great group for developing vBIOS and overclocking material. svl7 will be your main man.

You'll need at least 5 posts before you can download attachments.
RIP:
Spoiler

#14 Zephyo

Zephyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hello!  Welcome aboard!  I hope someday to meet you in glory of battle where I will crush the life from your worthless human form.

That's from Dr. Who.  But it's still applicable.  Nice to meet you!

† Do not go gentle into that good night †

Posted Image

† Rage, rage against the dying of the light †

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users