HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Years Special - Keep Calm & Face Your Enemy

Video Website Clan

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 31 2012 - 08:34 PM

With this video I hope to promote the game, teach a few simple lessons to newbie's and to make the game look awesome with 80's Heavy Metal from Def Leppard. However normally I just do commentary over Live Gameplay video's. It started out as a short guide, but grew and then these track just seemed to fit!

all the clips came from the previous 4 games. My Mic was not recorded so I thought I could do something different with the video. I hope you enjoy.

remember, HD 1080 Full screen if you can!
http://youtu.be/884SH5K6Z2U

Visit our Clan website:
http://www.amegakure.co.uk
Amegakure Labs, UK Clan.

Commentary version
http://youtu.be/0qU_5Sbnc78

Edited by Tomino_sama, January 01 2013 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

#2 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted January 01 2013 - 01:07 AM

Please don't promote the use of EMP.

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted January 01 2013 - 03:27 AM

While there's a few good tips, the sheer amount of very, very bad advice and misinformation in this video is staggering.

Perhaps when I'm fully rested I'll do a full point by point deconstruction of it, why certain things bad and why new players are better off avoiding this video as a educational source.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, January 01 2013 - 03:34 AM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 01 2013 - 03:35 AM

Don't hover, it'll get you killed against good players
Don't repair in the middle of a fight unless you're sure your enemy cant get to you without some serious damage. If that assault in the video was a smarter player, he would have rushed around, TOW'd you unto oblivion and then used the repair orb your corpse provided to help him escape or even take down your friend
Don't clump up, you'll get hit with ALL of the AOE spam and one EMP will disable all of you
Also the EMP is going to get nerfed soon, it's pretty much inevitable
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#5 Kamile

Kamile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGreen Noa I

Posted January 01 2013 - 03:39 AM

Was hoping with the call sign Tomino Sama you'd live up to his name.

Edit: You rack focush. Stop boosting when flanking. This is just a compilation of sloppy kills. Had your heart in the right place though. Good huntin'

Edited by Kamile, January 01 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#6 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 01 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostKamile, on January 01 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Was hoping with the call sign Tomino Sama you'd live up to his name. Many frowns.

Edit: You rack focush. Stop boosting when flanking. This is just a compilation of sloppy kills. Had your heart in the right place though. Good huntin'

the first clip demonstrated walking when flanking. If i did it later on, there is a reason, sorry the commentary version is not yet uploaded. I bet I will take some flak when that goes up then huh_ It's all good, I need criticism! Hope to see you out there.

This is only the first Act :D It is a compilation of scenario's from just 4 matches, the links are in the video description. As a result if my Kills are sloppy it's because I am a new recruit. ChaosSurveyor and myself had a great time in the actual matches..

thanks for your comments though :) Good Hunting Zeta :D

View PostBeemann, on January 01 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Don't hover, it'll get you killed against good players
Don't repair in the middle of a fight unless you're sure your enemy cant get to you without some serious damage. If that assault in the video was a smarter player, he would have rushed around, TOW'd you unto oblivion and then used the repair orb your corpse provided to help him escape or even take down your friend
Don't clump up, you'll get hit with ALL of the AOE spam and one EMP will disable all of you
Also the EMP is going to get nerfed soon, it's pretty much inevitable

"he would have rushed around, TOW'd you unto oblivion and then used the repair orb your corpse provided to help him escape or even take down your friend" -- this is a strategy i am advocating in the clips.

You have to gauge the situation. Fact was the other team was not working together and few used EMP. Also While i normally agree repairing close to combat is a bad idea, Recently I have been getting good support from the team, this allow you to be covered while you repair. Downed Mech's and repair packs from allies mean you rarely need to repair to full. This means it takes less time and so you are back in the fight with enough HP to tip the balance against players above your level.

The thing is many clips show that Pilot's are not smarter player's ....yet. I try to show things in a way that will make people draw their own conclusions, so if you disagree that's cool. You are right however if the skills are not there, you know the results_

Many of the clips really need instructions. I hope to get this uploaded today or tomorrow.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on January 01 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

While there's a few good tips, the sheer amount of very, very bad advice and misinformation in this video is staggering.

Perhaps when I'm fully rested I'll do a full point by point deconstruction of it, why certain things bad and why new players are better off avoiding this video as a educational source.

You should not use this as an educational source because it is a special version - with music instead of the Commentary. Without that additional audio track this is nothing more than a compilation from 4 Matches played the night before. Those matches are online, uncut and i welcome any deconstruction of them.

I took some artistic license with this version and try to keep it a Fun video. It is a New Years Special after all :) Maybe some misinformation is intended_

I didn't want to play 20 games and then take my "best kills out" I wanted to show that I die frequently. I have only been playing Hawken again since Open Beta - So I can still be considered a Newbie. I have more fun playing this game than anything else right now and I have 3 friends that play who are all on mic's, that means we started a clan. I welcome people to play us as that is the whole point right ;)

View PostUmbre, on January 01 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

Please don't promote the use of EMP.

:D

If you see, I actually EMP myself once and my own team twice. That should illustrate the risk of using EMP.

Thanks for all your comments, this is my first proper Hawken Edit and it was OK generally. I hope to make the Commentary only version available soon.

All of you come play us!
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

#7 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted January 01 2013 - 11:27 AM

I'm glad you're open to constructive criticism. I'll get back to you later when I have some free time to sit down and look at it closer.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#8 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted January 01 2013 - 12:14 PM

I applaud the work put into this video. I'm neutral on the tips and take what may be useful to me and leave the rest. Happy New Year!
Posted Image

#9 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 01 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on January 01 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

I'm glad you're open to constructive criticism. I'll get back to you later when I have some free time to sit down and look at it closer.

This Journey is my Reward! I am still a Rookie Pilot in Hawken so I am very open to feedback! I am still playing with my Format so anyone taking the time to leave comments is Legendary!

View PostAstrolis, on January 01 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

I applaud the work put into this video. I'm neutral on the tips and take what may be useful to me and leave the rest. Happy New Year!

Thanks, I really appreciate that Astrolis :D

I am uploading the version with commentary at the moment. I will update the OP to include the video. Hope it's not too full of Derp ;)
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

#10 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 01 2013 - 02:11 PM

added commentary only release to OP

http://youtu.be/0qU_5Sbnc78
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

#11 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 01 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostTomino_sama, on January 01 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

...Hope it's not too full of Derp ;)

I have a killstreak clip leftover from making this video. I will break it down and release that here too.
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Website, Clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users