HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cannot add friends to friendslist or send messages

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 06:15 AM

A couple of days ago i posted the follow issues on the support forum, but since i did not get a singe reaction there, i start to feel i should maybe have posted the problem in here. Anyways, here are my original posts:

Yesterday two friends send me a message with an invitation to add them to my friendslist, but after r-clicking the messages and accepting, they were not added to the friendslist at all.

I then tried to manually add them, but there is a very short flash of a requesting notification after that, and no one gets added to the list either. So i tried to message them, but the message window only shows a FROM and a MESSAGE box, with no option to send a message to anyone.

Adding people to my friendslist worked before, not sure about the messages, but i am pretty sure there was an option to send messages.

I already ran the installer again (did not deinstall before that), but that did not fix the issue. Should i deinstall completely and then reinstall, or is there another way to fix this_
A couple of days ago i made this post in the support forum, but since i didn't get a single reaction there i start to feel i should have posted it in this forum section. Anyways, here is my problem:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A day later i added this update to my original post:

I have an extra issue now. In my garage both trial mechs have an "undefined" special ability now. On the plus side, this lists them at the bottom of the roster, with my best mech at the top [/font]

[font=Calibri]I deinstalled and reinstalled hawken to see if that would fix any of the problems, but that did not help. All issues remain[/font]

Edited by hendman, January 03 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#2 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 04:04 PM

Seems i don't get any replies in here either......maybe i should start a post called: Free hat!

#3 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted January 03 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Posthendman, on January 03 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Seems i don't get any replies in here either......maybe i should start a post called: Free hat!
haha, no. Keep your pants on bud ... there's too many threads on the forums for me to keep up with, even I can't go through em all, lol

I think the friends list and messages are currently broken ... don't ask why or how to fix it, the only success I've had is to close everything down (including the launcher) and restart the game XD. Hopefully devs are working on it
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#4 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yay, a reply :)

As i said in the original post, adding friends used to work, but when i got those invites and used r-click on the messages to accept it was a no-go. I have no way of telling if the r-clicking messed up my friendslist or that it was already broken before i r-clicked those messages.
Even so, the fact that my trial mechs show this "undefined" special attribute is not related to the friendlist problem, since it occured 1 day later, not even to mention it would be some pretty weird coding to have 2 unrelated parts of a program affect each other.

Anyway i reinstalled hawken and the issues remains the same. The patch from january 3rd did not change anything either.

#5 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted January 04 2013 - 12:55 PM

hi hendman,

Did you file a support ticket, yet_ This is an issue that we've only seen very rarely so additional info is going to be pretty helpful! Just click the support button at the top of this page.
xxoo

#6 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 04:27 PM

Thank you Hugs, i didn't want to burden the staff with my problem right away, but it seems its the only thing left to do :)

#7 TroopTransporter

TroopTransporter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 05:13 AM

Yes this is a verry interesting toppic  , i had the same thing yesterdag  someone invited me to be his/her friend.
When clicking accept  nothing happend.

Sry but i dont have anny other info on that toppic

#8 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 05:37 AM

TroopTransporter, i have a support ticket active for the problem. I have added the information that at least  one other persion experienced this issue with the friendslist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users